Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(APPLICATIONS CLOSED... FOR NOW!) Tales of the Awakened DISCORD RP SERVER! {VISIT US TODAY!}

Almighty_Jado

1 hour ago, DoubleDamages said:

I'm actually curious. This banner artwork at the top of the form looks pretty dope. I'm assuming it's been drawn by someone from the server and that it's depicting several fellow RPers' characters', right ?

That is correct! The artwork was done by @Blood_Strider, AKA Lekalis. He is the most talented artist that we have on our server! 

Il y a 19 heures, Almighty_Jado a dit :

That is correct! The artwork was done by @Blood_Strider, AKA Lekalis. He is the most talented artist that we have on our server! 

Well I'd like to say he's done one hell of a job and would love to see more of his stuff if possible !

(I forgot to mention that I'm not a native english speaker if that's any usefull information for the form or whatenot.)

Edited by DoubleDamages
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Do you want to try reapplying? I can delete your current application and allow you to try again!

Yes please - Edit - Thank you for giving me the chance to redo my application. 

Edited by TheLIfeweaver

1 minute ago, AnimeNinja1301 said:

Can I reapply too?

What for? It better not be to try and answer the lore questions you got wrong. I don't mean to sound harsh, but I don't want people reapplying just so they can redo the quiz. You will need to give a valid reason

1 hour ago, Almighty_Jado said:

What for? It better not be to try and answer the lore questions you got wrong. I don't mean to sound harsh, but I don't want people reapplying just so they can redo the quiz. You will need to give a valid reason

Oh, its cause I kinda screwed up on the equipment and only put the Warframes. (No weapons and focus school (even though the focus was optional) so my bad.)

2 minutes ago, AnimeNinja1301 said:

Oh, its cause I kinda screwed up on the equipment and only put the Warframes. (No weapons and focus school (even though the focus was optional) so my bad.)

Ah, no worries then. You should be able to now.

Also, Focus school isn't really optional for people who are RPing as Tenno, unless their gimmick is that they had no school

3 hours ago, DaMadReaper said:

This is gonna sound like a really dumb question, but is there an issue with us writing too much for a biography? Is there a ballpark on how much is too much?

No, good question!

Concise is always good, but try not to shorten your bio down too much so that it ends up being lacking in big details.

Oppositely, don’t throw in too much stuff that it dilutes what’s important! The key things to remember in your bio are to talk about your character’s general personality, special interactions with certain in game factions, other little quirks that make your character stand out, etc. But don’t into detail about your character’s Kubrow’s parents’ owners or something stupid, unless it’s really really REALLY REALLY important to your backstory

Name: Tela Rivn

Warframes: Valkyr P, Mesa and Mirage P

Weapons:

Primary: Cornith, Lenz, Vectis and Amprex

Secondary: Lex P and Akmangus

Melee: skijati, Orvius and Zenistar

(focus school narmon if tenno)

Bio

One of the most feared Red Veil assassins, as feared as respected.

But yet she’s a simple tenno with a kind and helpful heart.

She doesn’t show her face too often because of a bounty for her head which is equal 40000 platinum.

Can be really lazy while not on a mission otherwise she’s very active and helpful.

She can overanalyze and become paranoid of the consequences.

Well there’s one thing she’s afraid the most…. consequences.

Adores music, especially calm and classic music.

15 minutes ago, MR_EMBREM_PL said:

Name: Tela Rivn

Are you posting this bio here for review? Because your application will not be accepted unless you properly fill out the form as required.

Additionally, I can tell you right out of the gate that this bio looks incredibly lackluster and rushed. Take your time to think out a good, focused backstory that isn’t all over the place in terms of your character’s traits.

Your bio definitely needs some major work here

9 hours ago, Bhizha said:

So I'm back finally...

How would I structure my bio for my application? Do I just include everything into it, or do I only put in certain things such as backstory and appearance?

Basically just that! The bio is a first impression of your character-both ooc and IC.

Lots of people post short stories about their character in their bio, but I often find describing your character explicitly via a paragraph is much more informative

Hi, I'm interested, but have a couple of questions.

1) Are you still recruiting?

2) I have a non-confirmed assumption about Tenno and Warframes, in that there is some "Personality/Emotional Feedback" involved in the process. So my Operator when in Valkyr, for example, feels some of the pain and rage of her. Are such things going to be a problem if I have a character with these traits?

3) Do the Syndicates, in particular Red Veil, still exist in this setting?

4) I haven't done Glast Gambit, Silver Grove and Octavias Anthem for... well, in-character reasons. Problem?

Thanks!

41 minutes ago, GenthReborn said:

Snep 

1. Yup!

2. This is likely possible. We assume that Warframes have some built in processes that are integral to how they function, which cannot be altered. For Valkyr, the rage from Hysteria would be something the Tenno could definitely feel, but also control.

3. Everything that exists in the Warframe universe exists in the RP, from the Syndicates to the unreleased Railjacks

4. There isn’t a problem with this, but keep in mind that if you haven’t completed these quests it will lower the chances of you getting accepted. This is because we would end up preferring to have RPers who have completed these quests and are thusly educated in the Warframe lore that they reveal.

Also keep in mind that the quests DO NOT exist in our RP in the same sense that other things do. It’s a little bit of a strange point- but you can imagine how convoluted things would be if literally every member of our RP group somehow personally killed Captain Vor. Instead, the in game Quests are assumed to already have happened in the RP universe, but they were completed by some other Tenno- almost as if we were all just background characters for the actual character that you play as in game.

Sorry if this got a little rambly or confusing. It’s always been a weird point to explain but we’ve figured it out

5 hours ago, Nezzynaz said:

Heyo! I had a few questions about joining. I recently started playing and I'm fairly interested in roleplay. I have a fair bit of roleplay experience already from other mediums. Are new players allowed to join as well?

New players are most definitely allowed to join, however you must keep in mind that other RP applicants with greater knowledge of Warframe lore may have a higher chance of getting in first!

We still haven’t accepted anyone from all the applicants we’ve received yet, so there’s still a chance

Ok, I'm going to finish off the quests (Trying to pretend I'm out of character when I do so - seriously, New Loka sent a death squad after me while I was collecting plants for them!!!) but here's my WIP Bio for Sigrun, if you're willing to give any advice! :)

Spoiler

Sigrun

Sigrun has always been close to her Warframes, even given the standards of the Tenno. When she first appeared, back in the Halcyon days of the Lotus’ mission, she was often mistaken for several different Tenno - The noble white, blue, and gold Rhino, steadfast soldier; the Fun-loving, laughing Bone-White Ember; and the dark-aspected huntress Valkyr. Each Warframe she rode came with a personality so different from the others that for those who discovered the truth, there was an element of creepiness to it. She was given advice by her fellows - ‘Watch out Sig, you can’t let them bleed into you like that’ - but for the most part, she was able to remain stable, and was a good warrior.

She aligned herself with the Steel Meridian, a champion of the people, appearing most often within the Rhino Soldier, emblem proudly displayed on it’s chest. For a time, life was good, even the revelation of the dream revealed a kind, pleasant if sometimes morose kid, who got on well on those rare occasions that she met her fellows.

And then the Lotus vanished, and with her, so did Sigrun for a time. She claims the two events were unrelated, a coincidence, though she refuses to say where she was for those two months, or what happened to her. But when she returned, she was different. Her right eye, covered with a cybernetic patch. Her hair shaved back into a single long braid along the top of her head. Her Void Energy, changed from a vibrant magenta into a dark-mottled scarlet. This was little compared to the change in her personality. She was more violent, less trusting and understanding, and she approached the Red Veil. If the Lotus was gone, she said, then it was up to each Tenno to find a new cause, and she would help to cleanse the system through fire and fury. Her other Warframes fell to the sides, barely used as Valkyr became her surrogate, the Malevolence Sigil emblazoned across both their chests.

This new Sigrun became a terror, stalking through her missions, often alone, seeming to enjoy a bit too much the fear she struck into the Veil’s enemies. Sometimes a friendly Tenno would come as reinforcements, to find bodies pinned to the walls, throats slit, and Valkyr sitting atop a rafter, Cernos in hand, sweeping the objective.

Still, she is far from a lone wolf. Despite her unsettling demeanour, she works within teams, and on occasion one can make her laugh, a small chuckle coming from her. She is open about the Red Veil - she honestly believes their philosophy, that the evils of the Origin System have to be burned away. The Veiled Tenno, while appealing, were never going to be her path - she didn’t trust their end-goals.

• Like 1