Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lag when Shooting Water in Plains

StratoS117

As the title says when you shoot the water in plains it causes a lag spike that drops your game to 30fps until you stop shooting it. I have tested this with both hitscan and projectile weapons and the results are the same. This does not happen on any other tilesets with water. Reducing the quality of the new gpu particles or the particle system in general does not make a difference. Again shooting the water or close to it in plains causes a consistant drop to 30fps.

Tested this with a friend as well and they drew the same results on a mid end system. I am on a high end system.

I'd like to update this:

Testing some more it seems that even looking at the water effects on plains at night causes a lock to 30fps until I move the crosshair away to land.

Also this only happens in exclusive fullscreen. This does not occur in borderless or windowed.

On 2018-06-26 at 1:30 PM, StratoS117 said:

I'd like to update this:

Testing some more it seems that even looking at the water effects on plains at night causes a lock to 30fps until I move the crosshair away to land.

Also this only happens in exclusive fullscreen. This does not occur in borderless or windowed.

Hi StratoS117,

Would you happen to be playing with V-Sync enabled? If so, does it continue if you disable V-Sync?

Edited by [DE]Dmitri

On 2018-06-29 at 3:38 PM, [DE]Dmitri said:

Hi StratoS117,

Would you happen to be playing with V-Sync enabled? If so, does it continue if you disable V-Sync?

Yes I do play with Vsync Enabled. Testing again without Vsync yeiled a frame drop but not locked to 30fps. (Dropped from 248fps to 143)