Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(PC) WASD and arrow keys moving cursor? Can't be disabled?

Efreeti

• 2 weeks later...

I also have just encountered this bug for the first time. After I exited the orokin lab menu in the dojo I could no longer move and wasd/arrows moves the cursor. I'm wondering if there is a keyboard command to enable/disable this that I may have accidentally pressed.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't tell, but if it's intentional even for keyboard and mouse users it's an awful choice. All I know is that it started with the patch that implemented changes to controller support, that added a virtual cursor for controller users. I just wish they would make it possible to disable this.

Edited by Efreeti

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How has this not been addressed yet? It's really jarring, that and mouse auto centering when I leave a menu is rather jarring, but that might be another issue not so easily addressed. 

But this cursor moving with WSAD needs a menu option to disable it, that seems rather easy to address, no?

I would think. Yes, the mouse centering on one of those screens where you choose an amount of something to select is also jarring. Anything that takes the mouse cursor out of your control is jarring and a quality of life obstacle. There should REALLY be an option to disable keyboard controlling the cursor.

Yep it's been hella annoying for a LONG Time. Accidentally press D while looking at stuff and have to move my mouse back to where it was.

In my playing this game I've learned that the simplest things to fix take the longest to get addressed if only the community at large is discussing it,, but some famous Youtuber whines about it and the video gets traction on places like the Warframe reddit, and a hotfix is out in literally *hours*.

Edited by Periselene

ust having this, needed to go into market to be able to type to region? Why is this a "feature"? Rather do other basic features like using page up/down while having the chat cursor to allow for going up/down in chat, and e.g. a better option to know whom we are whispering if we already started typing, e.g. left side has initial or something.

Coming from WoW, this chat frustrates me to no end. If you can't do it, separate the chat to allow for plugin extensions, your chat server is already separate from the game (which is quite annoying if it goes offline in the middle of a mission and you're trying to explain how to do the objective to newer players).

EDIT:
And then the chat auto complete, allow for partial matches, e.g. I start typing Orokin Assassinate, suggest Orokin Derelict Assassinate. You could even go one step further and suggest Orokin Derelict Assassinate if someone type in Lephantis.

Edited by Belariand

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...