Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Facial proportions are bad in this game.

KubrowTamer

Two of the biggest offenders are the eyes and mouths.

The eyes are way to far apart. The distance in between your eyes should be the same length of the width of your eyes.
The Mouth reaches the end of the eyes instead of towards the middle.
The nose would be fine as the one thing that is correct is the nostrils should end where your eyes begin, however because the eyes are too far apart the nose gets messed up as well.

The faces have the skeletal structure of a frogs face, not a human. In fact they actually follow the alignment of a frogs face almost exactly.

Here is a diagram of correct facial proportions, one of thousands of accurate ones that can be pulled up from google images in seconds. Whoever modeled the faces needs to take a look at these and do a proper study and rework of the facial models in game.

main-qimg-c9333ef48ad2ff421626afd1135af4e0

Tell me after looking at the ostron faces this frog dosnt look similar 

Image result for frog face

Edited by KubrowTamer

1 minute ago, motorfirebox said:

Warframe's aesthetic includes a certain amount of stylization and caricaturization.

there is a difference between stylization and a bad understanding of proportions. Their faces wouldn't physically be capable of working. They width of their mouth would cause their lips to curve around their jaw when they stretched out their mouths.

il y a 22 minutes, KubrowTamer a dit :

there is a difference between stylization and a bad understanding of proportions. Their faces wouldn't physically be capable of working. They width of their mouth would cause their lips to curve around their jaw when they stretched out their mouths.

You are playing a game where you are a space mutant kiddo that remote control some space robot ninja (made in your foundry with junk gathered from the galaxy) while sleeping in a magic chair powered by blue magic roots.
Does this is phisically possible ? I'm not sure...

This is okay with the NPC's of the game,  but iN My oPiNiOn,  the Tenno and Orokin should be the opposite and should be sculpted.  Perfect specimens.   The Grineer queens were orokin if I recall, but they're pretty mutated and twisted with corruption.   Ballas is like this, he's fairly sculpted,  but then from there has some kind of mutations of his own.

I would enjoy an update that made operator faces more appropriately scaled and proportioned. 

2 hours ago, ConzyFTW said:

How petty must you be to actually care about this...

Yes, because posting an opinion and feedback on facial proportions of a model in the "Art, Animation, and UI Feedback" category on the forums is petty.

1 hour ago, lukinu_u said:

You are playing a game where you are a space mutant kiddo that remote control some space robot ninja (made in your foundry with junk gathered from the galaxy) while sleeping in a magic chair powered by blue magic roots.
Does this is phisically possible ? I'm not sure...

Considering there is a video on LiveLeak of a guy trying to talk with the sides of his mouth sliced open after an accident, i am sad to report YES, this can physically happen.

Edited by KubrowTamer
misspelled a word

Just now, rapt0rman said:

Phenotypes and standards of beauty are pretty much out the window that far in the future with interplanetary expansion.

I consider myself pretty ugly but i still like most all humans follow standard facial structure. Its not a matter of if he looks ugly or not, the complaint is that the facial proportions are off. Correct facial proportions dont determine if you are beautiful or not, they just determine if the face is a human face or not.

Look, there is nothing wrong with asking for better textures and facial proportions. It would be nice to have if it actually came. I don't get why so many people would see this as petty because it's one guy's opinion.

I am not going to turn this into another "adult operator pls" thread though.

OK for one thing, the weird comment about the liveleak video is not relevant or comparable to what he said in the slightest... now that that's out of the way...

Proportions and features can change over generations, it's happened before and it'll continue to happen.

2 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

Look, there is nothing wrong with asking for better textures and facial proportions. It would be nice to have if it actually came. I don't get why so many people would see this as petty because it's one guy's opinion.

I am not going to turn this into another "adult operator pls" thread though.

thank you

1 minute ago, rapt0rman said:

OK for one thing, the weird comment about the liveleak video is not relevant or comparable to what he said in the slightest... now that that's out of the way...

Proportions and features can change over generations, it's happened before and it'll continue to happen.

"Does this is physically possible ? I'm not sure..."

he was asking about what i had said here:

"They width of their mouth would cause their lips to curve around their jaw when they stretched out their mouths."

My reference towards live leak was the fact that there are videos of that effect. There is also other information you can find online about the importance of the proportions towards the muscles of the mouth towards its bone structure.

Hope that clears up what I meant

1 minute ago, rapt0rman said:

You don't understand what is "stabilising selection", do you?

Proportions and features of the individual can change, yes, but overall there has been very little change to averages here and there. Because humans are programmed to gravitate towards these averages rather than deviate.

Especially if proportional changes cause things that evolutionarily make zero sense, as  what the OP posted about. We know DE can't be messing up due to inexperience as Dark Sector and The Darkness 2 shows they can do proper proportioning.

So it just stinks of a rush job or perhaps too much emphasis on caricature. You know, like sticking an anime character into family guy. It's both cartoons, but the art dissonance is real.

2 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

You don't understand what is "stabilising selection", do you?

Proportions and features of the individual can change, yes, but overall there has been very little change to averages here and there. Because humans are programmed to gravitate towards these averages rather than deviate.

Especially if proportional changes cause things that evolutionarily make zero sense, as  what the OP posted about. We know DE can't be messing up due to inexperience as Dark Sector and The Darkness 2 shows they can do proper proportioning.

So it just stinks of a rush job or perhaps too much emphasis on caricature. You know, like sticking an anime character into family guy. It's both cartoons, but the art dissonance is real.

I just hope my original post didnt come off to hard or like dev bashing. The faces have seriously bugged me in this game for such a long time and with them becoming more and more shown and important iv been hoping they would get redone. Then the ostrons came along and im like "Wha................." They even have wrinkles in areas of their face where wrinkles like that wouldn't form, or other parts which are too exaggerated. 

49 minutes ago, KubrowTamer said:

except the ostrons are human, this has been stated multiple times

Fair.

But consider this: They are descended from the Orokin, just like all life that is not Grineer. The Orokin are renowned for altering their physical bodies to appearances that are completely unnatural.

Just look at Ballas.

Also consider this: artistic license.

17 minutes ago, Darkfeather21 said:

Fair.

But consider this: They are descended from the Orokin, just like all life that is not Grineer. The Orokin are renowned for altering their physical bodies to appearances that are completely unnatural.

Just look at Ballas.

Also consider this: artistic license.

Ballas has correct facial proportions

TBH, I am not trying to Dev Bash here, but knowing DE could do a proper job and didn't for some reason is one of those "feels bad man" moments. It just makes the whole affair feel sloppy.

Like the textures on the Octavia Verismo Syandana compared to the rest of the game. It just feels bad.