Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

More dynamic waypoints

Zahnny

I feel as though the waypoint system in Warframe is such a criminally underrated feature. Many players use it but I still feel it isn't used to its potential. Espically from a developer standpoint. As entertaining as it would be to use more than one waypoint marker I can imagine it's be chaos tagging every enemy you came across for both you and your squad but I feel the waypoint system should be more self-updating. Here's an example I've just had.

I'm in the Plains of Eidolon in a Pub and I felt like marking the Dargyn I was about to enter.

I did as such and it marked it as "Enemy" and stayed as such after hopping in and flying around.

My proposition is it would work something like this.

An enemy Darygn still being used by an enemy will state as such, if the driver is killed or through other methods removed it should update to say "Pilotless Darygn" (or some other name) and the game should also apply this mark to naturally spawning empty Dargyn's perhaps with a different name such as "Unoccupied Dargyn" to signify that there is pilot(s) nearby who would rush to jump back in it. When boarding a Dargyn it should remove the marker and when exiting a Dargyn it could then say "Hijacked Dargyn" to signify it was once used by a teammate. Although I can imagine this would be abused by players boarding several Dargyn's to have marker spam, so many have it tied specifically to the users one waypoint.

I'm unsure if pilots can reboard or board hijacked Dargyn's but if so it'd make sense to revert it back to "Enemy" again.

There are other examples in Warframe where dynamic waypoints would be useful such as hacked bursas retaining "Enemy" if marked before a hack.

I understand all this probably seems trivial but it's currently the only communication players have if chat is inaccessable for various reasons.