Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Peculiar Gore when?

Wawus

Hi! So, as we know peculiar Mods are a twist with a surprise, showing off, ultimate enemy humiliation. But I'd love them to also have "I AM A BADASS HERE" feeling. We are playing game that is rated M for Mature, maybe it's time to make use of that?

Growing flowers or expanding limbs in size are all funny and made me chuckle. But if they are supposed to be a statement of badassitude, I propose adding...

Peculiar Gore (Peculiar Devastation?): Peculiar Warframe Exilus mod that causes killed enemies to violently explode and drop extra limbs on death. It only applies when hit enemies have at least one active status at the moment of death.

4G2yUZa.png

Imagine Dance Macabre with hands and legs dropping all around. Sense of ultimate power and absolutely unnecessary violence. If that doesn't scream "I sacrificed my Exilus slot for Peculiar but LOOK AT THAT" then I don't know what does.

I'd love to see what you think 🙂

Edited by Wawus
Removed combo counter requirement, added image

2 minutes ago, krc473 said:

This sounds like fun.

But, I really would prefer it just to be "on kill with one active status proc"...

(Alternatively, DE just adds this to the "Gore" option...)

I thought about it but I don't want it to be overused either. But you might be right tho, that way it also applies smoothly to primary and secondary weapons. And it would fit scheme (Bloom - crit hits, Growth - just hits, Gore - status kills)

Just now, THeMooN85 said:

Why so complicate?... why not just violently explode and drop extra limbs on death? Just like that?

I think there should be extra incentive to use status focused weapons. Crit weapons have Bloom, let's give status some love 🙂

9 minutes ago, Wawus said:

I think there should be extra incentive to use status focused weapons. Crit weapons have Bloom, let's give status some love 🙂

Actually you are right. I was saying this because of combo counter but I can see that you removed that 👌

/edit

I wonder... what Nekros would say about this idea xD

Edited by THeMooN85

29 minutes ago, PhantomThiefOfHearts said:

"more limbs" would benefit nekros tho which would go against peculiar uselessness

About that, I guess that would have to be purely cosmetic, otherwise it would break completely drop balance and would make another Vivergate. And we don't want that.

1 minute ago, (PS4)PS_90210 said:

"killed enemies violently"

What if it was ALL enemies? 😈

Well. I'd love to see that mod in combination with Sobek, full status + acid shells. Rain of limbs, my friend 😈

37 minutes ago, PhantomThiefOfHearts said:

"more limbs" would benefit nekros tho which would go against peculiar uselessness

I thought the same at first - but realistically I don't think it would be hard for DE to exclude extra gore from Nekros re-rolling.  Hell they could one up and make it even worse on Nekros by simply disabling Desecrate drops when it's equipped.  There are "solutions."

I would recommend making a peculiar mod that offers a direct buff, this buffs nekros directly.

The idea behind peculiars is that they are a direct debuff with cosmetic enhancement, this directly contradicts that.  It would make nekros desecrate farm faster, and that's very much against DE financial interest so I don't think this will happen any time soon.

9 minutes ago, Void-Gunslinger said:

If I can paint whole tile sets with blood that will be the only peculiar mod I would use. 🙂

I hope it comes true. After Chains of Harrow I fancy my own paining time 😄

noooo no no no no no..

they need to explode into tiny chunks and a pool of blood that explodes like a water balloon.

besides if there was a peculiar that guaranteed enemies separated into the max number of parts, it would be a Nekros Desecrate dream buff and Peculiar are intended to be purely cosmetic.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)ForNoPurpose said:

besides if there was a peculiar that guaranteed enemies separated into the max number of parts, it would be a Nekros Desecrate dream buff and Peculiar are intended to be purely cosmetic.

We just said that 🙂

22 hours ago, Wawus said:

About that, I guess that would have to be purely cosmetic, otherwise it would break completely drop balance and would make another Vivergate. And we don't want that.

I think regarding water balloons @(PS4)teacup775 summed it up pretty nice

6 hours ago, (PS4)teacup775 said:

Yes YES

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Bloody_Mess_(perk)

yes

I’d be happy with a pure costmetic.

I think the the best way to go about it is to create completely separate object just like Peculiar Bloom's flowers. That way we keep actual drop untouched but still can swing between flying parts

Edited by Wawus
Better explanation