The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Spoilers) Umbra in the Sacrifice quest

This is the Excalibur Sunder alt helmet

Spoiler

Image result for excalibur umbra sunder helmet

And when I first saw this, I was confused. I've always known that Warframes are stuffed with infested flesh, but there is an eye? I would think that Warframes wouldn't need eyes to see, because

1. Their eyes would be covered at all times

2. They're basically robots with superpowers, so they must be using a lens to see. 

Am I missing something here? They might have added an eye, so that it wouldn't look too weird, but I don't know

Edited by NovusNova
Edited Title

Spoiler

For sure the Umbra warframes were made out of Dax soldiers, but i am not sure if normal warframes were made the same way. Possibly body after soul of orokin being extracted to another body was used as this for the normal warframe creation. But still in TSD our warframe destroyed War sword on it's own will.

It is so complicated...

Edited by Baterial

think of it as a hi tech helmet where the flesh and tech has advanced so far you dont need direct vision from your eyes to the outside. Dark sector implies it too but he retracts the helmet sometimes

Edited by Wevi

From what I understood of the quest, the first warframes were made out of people that mutated due to infested cells being forced inside their bodies.

What doesn't make sense to me is that umbra still has eyes.

His whole body mutated into an armor, I don't find it understandable that he still has eyes.

But since this is warframe and space magic is a thing, why not.

(Also warframes are technically blind and I have no idea how the operator can see anything while controlling them...)

Révélation

warframe is an combination of infected flesh and technologies , but umbra still differents.

All umbra frame was created by ballas with a complete human body , dex body for be exact.

In the sacrifice quest we are many moments we are view the dax (who be use for excalibur umbra) memory. The eye you can see in the helmet is the dax eye because the umbra frame contrary to normal frame was created around a lifeform full healed body.

Edited by fonglis

6 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

His whole body mutated into an armor, I don't find it understandable that he still has eyes.

Why do you have a tailbone?

20 minutes ago, (PS4)PS_90210 said:

This is the Excalibur Sunder alt helmet

Hide contents

Spoiler

Image result for excalibur umbra sunder helmet

And when I first saw this, I was confused. I've always known that Warframes are stuffed with infested flesh, but there is an eye? I would think that Warframes wouldn't need eyes to see, because

1. Their eyes would be covered at all times

2. They're basically robots with superpowers, so they must be using a lens to see. 

Am I missing something here? They might have added an eye, so that it wouldn't look too weird, but I don't know

Wait for the Sacrifice to come out on your platform, complete it then come back.

13 minutes ago, Mints said:

According to Alad V, most Warframes don't have eyes. Umbra, on the other hand, is unique.

Where did he say they didnt have Eyes?

As far as i know, Alad V has dissected Warframes but what he found didnt make sense, he was probably expecting to find mechanical components but instead found Organic. 

4 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

From what I understood of the quest, the first warframes were made out of people that mutated due to infested cells being forced inside their bodies.

(Also warframes are technically blind and I have no idea how the operator can see anything while controlling them...)

It's vestigial, think of it like a pancreas. You've evolved to not need it, but haven't evolved to lose it.

And they still have "sensory organs", who knows it might be even better then "sight".

11 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

Where we're going, we don't need eyes to see.

The Helminth virus mutated people into super soldiers. Soldiers need to see what they're fighting, and the Helminth virus was deliberately limited in its ability to transform its subjects, so it makes sense that it would uparmor (or just instantly regenerate) the eyes and continue to use them as sensory inputs.

1 minute ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

This?

"Tenno, you know, we may not always see eye to eye... well, you don't have eyes but I'm pleased we've found common ground in our fight with these Grineer dogs."

He referred to external eyes.

Alad V has dissected many Warframes. If they had eyes he'd know it.

33 minutes ago, (PS4)PS_90210 said:

Am I missing something here?

Yes, you are. Which is having done "The Sacrifice" Quest.

Congratulations in opening a book in the middle and then asking "why does this happen" after reading a phrase.

32 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

Well, it did grew around him, it enveloped him. Since he still has his normal body structure, having yes in there isn't exactly a weird thing, he doesn't use them hence them being white/blind. 

Infestation doesn't replace the body of its victim, it builds on top of it. It's like how Infested Chargers still have their original Grineer head despite having an Infested head above that. Even though it doesn't actively use it, it's still there.

1 hour ago, Mints said:

Alad V has dissected many Warframes. If they had eyes he'd know it.

and yet there is at least one eye in Umbras helmet

I see two possible explanations for this:

1: Alad V is not very good at disecting and he either missed the eyes or mistook them for something else

2: The Gradivus dilemma is from a time when DE hadn't worked out the lore yet

personally I think the first theory is more plausible since DE has (contrary to their statement on one devstream that they make up the lore as they go) figured their lore out for a long time.

Just look at the codex entries for Rhino Prime (confirming something feral in the Warframes) and Mag Prime (hinting at Archwing) who are way older than their respective features

Edited by Helch0rn

Spoiler

From what I understand, Umbra confirms that the Original Warframes (primed or otherwise, basically the very first Rhino or Ember, etc) were once people. What we build in our foundries now are essentially giant piles of weaponized infested flesh that may carry the memories of its original.

Speculation time: Umbra is unique in that his creation is a direct result of Ballas being a $&*^ and wanting to tie up a loose end. Unlike our Warframe in TSD, Umbra is far more cognizant and displays more personality than our impaled Warframe, that may be because unlike our Warframes (which are not infested people, unless Ordis is actively capturing people and infesting them for us), Umbra was directly turned into a Warframe, similar to how the Original Warframes were made. In fact, Umbra might technically be the first of his kind of Warframe, given how his "turning" was done during the Old War. This would explain why he looks different from the Primed Excalibur, which has been generally accepted as the very first successful battle-ready Warframe.

3 minutes ago, Aimop95 said:
  Hide contents

From what I understand, Umbra confirms that the Original Warframes (primed or otherwise, basically the very first Rhino or Ember, etc) were once people. What we build in our foundries now are essentially giant piles of weaponized infested flesh that may carry the memories of its original.

Speculation time: Umbra is unique in that his creation is a direct result of Ballas being a $&*^ and wanting to tie up a loose end. Unlike our Warframe in TSD, Umbra is far more cognizant and displays more personality than our impaled Warframe, that may be because unlike our Warframes (which are not infested people, unless Ordis is actively capturing people and infesting them for us), Umbra was directly turned into a Warframe, similar to how the Original Warframes were made. In fact, Umbra might technically be the first of his kind of Warframe, given how his "turning" was done during the Old War. This would explain why he looks different from the Primed Excalibur, which has been generally accepted as the very first successful battle-ready Warframe.

But the Umbra we craft, since the original was destroyed, has the memories and we did not use a person to craft it. yet it retained it's memory.

I think Umbra is different since Ballas changed something, so that Umbra is the only frame that has a memory, because he had a personal vendetta against that Dax

il y a 3 minutes, Helch0rn a dit :

I think Umbra is different since Ballas changed something, so that Umbra is the only frame that has a memory, because he had a personal vendetta against that Dax

I think ballas create umbra for destroy tenno warframe / kill tenno after the war or in the war for request of hunow

42 minutes ago, fonglis said:

I think ballas create umbra for destroy tenno warframe / kill tenno after the war or in the war for request of hunow

Ballas: (Transference) Yet you couldn't understand why I'd give my secrets to our enemy. How could I betray my own kind? But you have never had to sacrifice your love for faith. Imagine. To live, forever, with only one memory: seeing the one you love, die.

Ballas: (Transference) But you won't have to imagine. A lovingly cultured Infestation swarms within your blood. Your transformation has begun, reshaping you into a sacred surrogate of the unholy Tenno... A Warframe with but a Single. Burning. Memory. It is... a miracle!

If he wanted to kill the Tenno he probably wouldn't have turned Umbra into a surrogate for them.