Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sentinel Targeting Bug

(XBOX)Hexis Cibil

I use the Wyrm Prime, but I've seen other people mentioning Taxon doing this as well. I originally thought this might be caused by the sentinel AI confusing me for an enemy when one of the Grineer switch places with me, but then this kept happening with missions that had only infested in it, so it's not that. Something in one of the recent updates broke the sentinels so now they occasionally target the player. On top of twitching wildly throughout the remainder of the mission, it constantly shoots at the player. It'll still react accordingly to enemies when they get in range, crowd dispersing and shooting them, but once the glitch starts, it doesn't end. When moving and with no enemies in immediate range, it targets and shoots the player. I noticed when I came to a complete stop with no enemies nearby, it stopped after a second. But as soon as I started moving again, still with no enemies nearby, it started twitching and shooting at me again. It's extremely annoying depending on the sentinel weapon. I have the blaster that comes with Wyrm Prime, so... 11/10, very annoying to hear it shooting endlessly at me.

Sentinels have been known to throw a wobbler when hit by Nox snotguns. I reckon one or more infested mobs have an attack that does the same. For me, it's all active/reactive AI abilities that either targets the player or simply stops working. Passive abilities like ammo case still works, but looter etc doesn't.

The thing is that Nox and infestation have been around for a little bit now. This issue I'm describing is something that only started very recently. The only thing that has bothered me for any amount of time is using Wyrm in the Planes has a tendency to ruin assassination bounties because Wyrm loves to launch enemies to the damn moon. But this bug is new, like Khora new. I'm only positive because it happens so frequently and is so unbearably annoying that I can't have missed it until now. Even with Corpus, low level spawns, etc.. This bug has happened to me now without any discernible reason behind it. I figured maybe it's because of Zephyr Prime or something because I've been playing her, but I've swapped warframes and sentinels several times in different combos now and it still happens. And every time it's just random. Combat is the only connection, but that hardly pinpoints the cause.

That bug has been around a bit longer than that. Besides, once in a while someone at DE will poke at something, which in turn will make something else in a seemingly unrelated part of the game go "BOING!!!".