Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo's stasis

-CM-Harbinger

I hate to tell you this, OP, but this is an argument you won't win. I also love Limbo and wish DE had found a better solution than "Make Limbo useless" but that's the decision they made, I doubt it will change, even if I also wish they'd reconsider.

This change was brought about because people hate Limbo, the idea of using Melee instead of just holding left mouse click is apparently pure poison to them or something. With the amount of Limbo hate in the community at absolutely absurd levels, you're never gonna get much support on this.

Personally, I think a fair and completely reasonable compromise would be to have Limbo's Stasis affect his own Projectiles, but not those of his team mates. This still allows for fun Solo play and allows you to set up AOE attacks on Defense points while your team mates shoot things normally. I for one only used Stasis on myself and my projectiles, then cast cataclysm where I wanted my airstrike to land, and unstopped time in the same moment. My team mate's ability to shoot things was never interrupted, so these people constantly screaming about 'why can't I shoot this enemy that's weirdly holding still and thus absolutely no threat!?' don't make sense to me.

I also agree with the sentiment that Limbo has lost his identity completely, if I wanted ordinary hard CC where I could still shoot the enemies, I'd just play Frost, or Rhino, or Vauban, etc. There are a bunch of frames with Hard CC which functions exactly like Limbo's does now, the stopping projectiles facet was the only thing that made Limbo unique, now he's just meh.

Right in time for his Prime, too, what a punch to the face for anyone who enjoyed this frame. I was excited for Limbo prime, now I haven't even farmed the relics for him yet. I got Zephyr faster, and I don't even like Zephyr.

16 hours ago, 8r8kSpider said:

I hate to tell you this, OP, but this is an argument you won't win. I also love Limbo and wish DE had found a better solution than "Make Limbo useless" but that's the decision they made, I doubt it will change, even if I also wish they'd reconsider.

This change was brought about because people hate Limbo, the idea of using Melee instead of just holding left mouse click is apparently pure poison to them or something. With the amount of Limbo hate in the community at absolutely absurd levels, you're never gonna get much support on this.

Personally, I think a fair and completely reasonable compromise would be to have Limbo's Stasis affect his own Projectiles, but not those of his team mates. This still allows for fun Solo play and allows you to set up AOE attacks on Defense points while your team mates shoot things normally. I for one only used Stasis on myself and my projectiles, then cast cataclysm where I wanted my airstrike to land, and unstopped time in the same moment. My team mate's ability to shoot things was never interrupted, so these people constantly screaming about 'why can't I shoot this enemy that's weirdly holding still and thus absolutely no threat!?' don't make sense to me.

I also agree with the sentiment that Limbo has lost his identity completely, if I wanted ordinary hard CC where I could still shoot the enemies, I'd just play Frost, or Rhino, or Vauban, etc. There are a bunch of frames with Hard CC which functions exactly like Limbo's does now, the stopping projectiles facet was the only thing that made Limbo unique, now he's just meh.

Right in time for his Prime, too, what a punch to the face for anyone who enjoyed this frame. I was excited for Limbo prime, now I haven't even farmed the relics for him yet. I got Zephyr faster, and I don't even like Zephyr.

Exactly my thoughts, and i was waiting for the prime version for so long, but i wasnt expecting this change.

All frames gets some changes and nerfs etc, but i never cared as much as i do about limbo...