The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is "boosting" in Conclave allowed, tolerated, or exploitative?

AEP8FlyBoy

Lots of nerfs happend there due to scrubs complaining about >good< players "beeing unfair".

My advice: play a entirely different game if you want PvP. CS:GO, TF2, idk.

Without game modifieres like "allow PvE mods", "fast movement", "low Gravity" AND a proper matchmaking table where you can choose between different servers etc. it will always be a garbage game mode, which forces the completionist to choose the inappropiate way to get the standing.

And even if you are actually good at PvP. someone will report you for hacking/cheating, simply because you are better.
Just...dont play at all, refuse to get the content that is locked behind this grindwall like anyone who hasnt lost his mind does.

whoever thinks this is fun should stop eating antidepressants. seriously.

5 minutes ago, Maqabir said:

If boosting is not allowed and no-one is playing Conclave then how are we supposed to get rep?

Let us play the Index or Rathuum for Conclave rep at least, otherwise we're stuck waiting hours for opponents.

You can be put on an empty lobby either because there are no matches within your ping limit going on in your selected region or because of all of the ongoing matches are full at the moment. The current matchmaking system doesn't allow us to see what's the situation and that's why many players assume that nobody is playing.

Imo, a match/server browser would be a greater addition than ways to trivialize conclave even further. It could also be expanded to PvE later down the road.

30 minutes ago, ----Legacy---- said:

because of all of the ongoing matches are full at the moment

Lol srry this is just Lol. All the ongoing matches eh?! 

Either DE needs to invest alot more resources than they currently are in conclave or remove it entirely. 

Edited by (XB1)RDeschain82

12 minutes ago, ----Legacy---- said:

Imo, a match/server browser would be a greater addition than ways to trivialize conclave even further. It could also be expanded to PvE later down the road.

This server browser feature would save Conclave from it's current state of assumed dead. However, Conclave Variants personally deserve to make a comeback in full, with more variants reflecting other gametypes (like an Infection, King-of-the-Hill, I'm the Stalker/Dargyn (where one person is this; if they are killed by another, they take their place), and other modes, such as a particular 'balanced mode' which locks loadouts to Braton/Lato/Skana, and disables powers/passives/bullet jumping.

As for boosting in Conclave? Officially, I've heard people get banned for using a friend as target practice, but if you have a group of 4 and you fight eachother like you would fight Specters in PVE, then it isn't boosting; it's an even fight.

However, there are people who have skills that some may describe as 'unnatural'. Either because my reflexes are terrible or because I use a controller or they have done nothing else but play Conclave at all times, I cannot feasibly adapt to them even if I tried mouse-keyboard.

When the server browser hits, though, I honestly hope that the ones who have these deity-class skills fight among eachother and allow Conclave to have a fresh population of people so it can actually live again without the stigma of flying sniper/bow/whatever-kills-in-nearly-1-shot-bombers or current-meta weapon cheesing.

To me, the reason Conclave has seemingly no population is due to:

Spoiler

A: no server/session browser. 
This browser should allow you to see who's in what session, so you can better avoid the aforementioned legendary stigma-inducing elements, or suffer at their hands if you are that kind of person who enjoys instantly dying from any and all angles instantaneously while raging that you can't adapt because they essentially maxed the 'evasion' stat, so to speak.
B: lack of people wanting to play Conclave.
The stigma surrounding Conclave, which I have, crudely and basically, outlined earlier has shunned and expelled any potential, untrained participants.

Not to mention there needs to be a minimum Mastery requirement to join Conclave matches so players get some time to gear up and have a varied arsenal to work with when they feel like Conclave.

...Then again this has probably been said before in general, in other ways, by other people.

Also, my most recent session of Lunaro was a laggy, one-sided mess.

Short version:
-Yes to Server browser.
-Yes to Conclave Variants, maybe via a voting system?
-Irrelevant notes about recent experiences; you can ignore them if you wish.

1 hour ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

This server browser feature would save Conclave from it's current state of assumed dead. However, Conclave Variants personally deserve to make a comeback in full, with more variants reflecting other gametypes (like an Infection, King-of-the-Hill, I'm the Stalker/Dargyn (where one person is this; if they are killed by another, they take their place), and other modes, such as a particular 'balanced mode' which locks loadouts to Braton/Lato/Skana, and disables powers/passives/bullet jumping.

As for boosting in Conclave? Officially, I've heard people get banned for using a friend as target practice, but if you have a group of 4 and you fight eachother like you would fight Specters in PVE, then it isn't boosting; it's an even fight.

However, there are people who have skills that some may describe as 'unnatural'. Either because my reflexes are terrible or because I use a controller or they have done nothing else but play Conclave at all times, I cannot feasibly adapt to them even if I tried mouse-keyboard.

When the server browser hits, though, I honestly hope that the ones who have these deity-class skills fight among eachother and allow Conclave to have a fresh population of people so it can actually live again without the stigma of flying sniper/bow/whatever-kills-in-nearly-1-shot-bombers or current-meta weapon cheesing.

To me, the reason Conclave has seemingly no population is due to:

Reveal hidden contents

A: no server/session browser. 
This browser should allow you to see who's in what session, so you can better avoid the aforementioned legendary stigma-inducing elements, or suffer at their hands if you are that kind of person who enjoys instantly dying from any and all angles instantaneously while raging that you can't adapt because they essentially maxed the 'evasion' stat, so to speak.
B: lack of people wanting to play Conclave.
The stigma surrounding Conclave, which I have, crudely and basically, outlined earlier has shunned and expelled any potential, untrained participants.

Not to mention there needs to be a minimum Mastery requirement to join Conclave matches so players get some time to gear up and have a varied arsenal to work with when they feel like Conclave.

...Then again this has probably been said before in general, in other ways, by other people.

Also, my most recent session of Lunaro was a laggy, one-sided mess.

Short version:
-Yes to Server browser.
-Yes to Conclave Variants, maybe via a voting system?
-Irrelevant notes about recent experiences; you can ignore them if you wish.

You expect so much effort from DE? All kinds of new conclave modes and a server browser.. for something that is largely dead and definitely largely unwanted..?

8 hours ago, Lanadra said:

You expect so much effort from DE? All kinds of new conclave modes and a server browser.. for something that is largely dead and definitely largely unwanted..?

It's 'largely dead' because there's no server browser to avoid landing in a 'ghost' server. Besides, DE has already experimented with several gametypes before as seen with the Variant events. Sure, it's unwanted by most, but there's two sides to it. As an example, imagine if you ran out of PVE things to do and wanted to have a go at Conclave but were over the 'starter ranks' in the system, and had the ability to avoid the ones who, by their own will or by accident, caused Conclave's supposed demise via server selection capabilities.

Besides, DE has a dedicated Conclave division and Conclave isn't as bugged to unfixability as Raids were - merely out of balance due to parkour abuse by the ones who accidentally gave it a bad reputation.

To that end, when DE finds a way to bring fan-servers to PVE modes, then they would be able to reinstate Raids with more stability thanks to fan servers and the new tools Sanctuary Onslaught have introduced (the ability to connect different tilesets or mission locations and ditch loading screens entirely).

To return to topic, the server choice ability would mean the ones who dedicate days to Conclave can fight among themselves, freeing up Conclave for a new population and a new perspective.

10 hours ago, (XB1)RDeschain82 said:

Lol srry this is just Lol. All the ongoing matches eh?! 

Can you see what's the situation of conclave matches somehow? Or are you just making assumptions like most players who don't even bother do? Also, I see you're on console which is a different subcommunity with different activity, so while i can't speak for the conclave players of your platform, my experience on PC has had either people on my friends list playing conclave and no sessions available (they are playing on full lobbies) or jump into any of the 3 modes and find a game with available spots rather quickly even when those players from my friends list aren't online.

10 hours ago, (XB1)RDeschain82 said:

Either DE needs to invest alot more resources than they currently are in conclave or remove it entirely. 

Removing content just because of reasons is never a good solution to anything. I still see the raiding community really salty for the removal of their fun while asking, like you, for the removal of the fun of others just because it's not their/your cup of tea.

9 hours ago, Lanadra said:

for something that is largely dead and definitely largely unwanted..?

It's unwanted because a huge part of the warframe community doesn't have what it takes to beat even mildly challenging content, let alone other players who have accepted challenge and sharpen their skills in it.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Tactless_Ninja said:

Boost anyways. Wadd'are they gonna do? Make you stop playing Conclave? Haha

As pointed before, anyone can boost, but at doing it, they are risking their accounts. Are a few free skins worth risking getting banned on an account with money and months invested in it?

1 minute ago, ----Legacy---- said:

As pointed before, anyone can boost, but at doing it, they are risking their accounts. Are a few free skins worth risking getting banned on an account with money and months invested in it?

Ok I'll just start trading instead. Whoops i got negative plat and my account is ruined anyways. 

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Tactless_Ninja said:

Ok I'll just start trading instead. Whoops i got negative plat and my account is ruined anyways. 

Bans for boosting can be easily avoided by not boosting. Negative plat bans are an issue completely different that happens when "dirty plat" gets to your account, and these can be lifted by buying the amount of plat you owe to DE.

14 minutes ago, ----Legacy---- said:

Bans for boosting can be easily avoided by not boosting. Negative plat bans are an issue completely different that happens when "dirty plat" gets to your account, and these can be lifted by buying the amount of plat you owe to DE.

You're right it's completely different but trading is a legit part of the game that you get sidelined/punished for doing absolutely nothing wrong (and then have to bribe them to fix?). So why would boosting get the same treatment when its always been a workaround for dead game mode. Leechers get a lot of love around here for their exploiting of the pve game. No bans there.  

Just now, (PS4)Tactless_Ninja said:

You're right it's completely different but trading is a legit part of the game that you get sidelined/punished for doing absolutely nothing wrong (and then have to bribe them to fix?). So why would boosting get the same treatment when its always been a workaround for dead game mode.

If it's dead then why do players exploit the matchmaking system to boost? I'd see your point about boosting if it was done legit in public matches and in a mode so dead that everyone who joins makes it to boost as well, the thing is, most of the players boosting do it on "private public lobbies" and THAT is what can get them banned.

Just now, (PS4)Tactless_Ninja said:

Leechers get a lot of love around here for their exploiting of the pve game. No bans there.  

I keep seeing threads asking for things such as kick vote option or other ways to get rid of leechers in the game, i wouldn't call that "getting a lot of love". I also guess that the lack of bans or warnings is simply because pve is so easy that even with a leecher or two there isn't much of a change unlike on a team deathnatch with even teams or when someone makes nothing but ask to stop shooting because he wants to get his dailies done in a match crowded by people actually willing to play.

They should either make it worth playing or remove it. A completionist shouldn't feel obligated to do conclave, just because it is there. It should be a fun experience and we should want to take part it in....which is not the case now. Anything else promotes boosting and other "walk arounds" to avoid content.

People wont want to bypass pvp content it when its fun to do.