The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

primaries and melees for deal with lvl 80+ enemies

fabianx

Question

hi, i came back to the game a month ago after a 2 years break and i want to expand my arsenal of weapons to deal with high level enemies (80+) actually have tigris prime and amprex but nothing else, im building plasmor arca also, what primaries and melee can you recommend me for faction if is neccesary, thanks to anyone that can help me 🙂

15 answers to this question

any pellet shotgun (i love the sobek with the acid shell augment ) ,

any status gun ( torid / pox  ).

for melee : any dagger with stinging thorn and covert lethality , any melee with finisher opener stance ( sword, nikana ,dagger, sparrings ...)

don t use assault rifle, they aren't amno efficiency , or 

Tigris Prime should kill everything, but if you happen to have Akstiletto Prime then use that, as for melee, if you still have Galatine Prime, make use of that aswell.

There's a lot of weapons that can easily kill level 100's with the right mod setups, even old Braton Prime/Vandal with a viral/hunter munitions setup can do it.

Almost any melee with a few dual-stat mods and Condition Overload can kill anything, though adding Drifting Contact, Organ Shatter and Blood Rush on critical-oriented weapons as well as that Condition Overload setup will make the melee capable of killing more anything, except you'll have to abandon attack speed and range mods for the build to fit and be viable.

If you have an Excalibur, put Rage on him, focus him on health. Put Life Strike on Exalted Blade. You'll find it very useful, and it will save you when you have a moment to draw out Exalted Blade.

Also, Excalibur Umbra is a thing. Complete The Sacrifice to get him. Keep him (not that you have a choice; he and his signature nikana are immune to being sold). Do not Forma out the special polarities he and his weapons have.

The Opticor and Lenz are noteworthy win-buttons, if you have the MR to use them. Pretty much any sniper can dish out sufficient damage against sortie level enemies as well, although bear in mind that they are a bit sluggish for dealing with swarms of fodder enemies.

I'd also like to recommend the Quanta Vandal and Supra Vandal since they're both pretty beastly as well, though Baro sells them and as such it's up to chance when you can acquire them.

Amps incorporating the Pencha Scaffold.  It deals void damage, ineffective against grineer, machinery and heavy infested units, but otherwise it's definetly worth using against high level enemies, even during sorties. 

You will gain access to the Amp weapon type following a short miniquest after completing Saya's Vigil and The War Within.  Keep in mind that some grind is required.

Edited by Zavenosk

I have been doing Sortie all along with a Cycron/Soma Prime unless forced to use something else, so basically anything goes. Yes, the Soma P still works. I also have an Amprex (with Riven) and basically everything, so I don't remember exactly.

Since OP mentioned Tigris, Amprex and Plasmor, they all work until you get even higher level. Most functioning primaries are: High Crit ARs, High Crit Snipers, 100% status shotguns and to a lesser degree, full status rifles (like Supra).

Melee has the memestrike whip category, the bloodrush crit weapons and the condition overload status weapons. Anything outside those 3 are generally less useful.

Edited by Guest

My EDC (everyday carry) is

Corinth (crit corrosive)
Aklex Prime (crit corrosive)
Nikana Prime (crit berserker corrosive)

it seems anything under level 100 
is relatively managible

Armor seems to be the hardest thing to kill, corrosive damage will still kill other factions at level 100
relatively easily.

Crit based hunter munitions primaries and status based condition overload melees is the way to go. Sadly DE has not added in scaling mechanics for status based primaries or crit based melees yet, and have not done anything to help secondaries out.

Primaries (status) - Torid, Mutalist Cernos

Primaries (crit) - Lenz, Amprex with Hunter munitions

Gas Lanka

Zarr

Melee - condition overload Sarpa, Cassowar, Tonbo, Mios, Lacera etc..

Galatine prime still wrecks everything.

There are many options that send sortie lvl enemies back to where they came from quite fast 😄 These are just a few options.