Jump to content

What will happen to ps4 accounts when ps5 comes out??


Recommended Posts

Actually, in GTAV I did have the same stats and everything, and then again from PS4 to PC. Anyway, they'll probably transfer. It'll pull from the same database, so it's not like the data just disappears.

Edited by Pent_
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Pent_ said:

Actually, in GTAV I did have the same stats and everything, and then again from PS4 to PC. Anyway, they'll probably transfer. It'll pull from the same database, so it's not like the data just disappears.

how did you do it?
because i had so much in V and when i login this year i had no money cloths etc. from the ps3 version
i just hope we will be able to keep everything from warframe on ps4

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, (PS4)owenslim said:

how did you do it?
because i had so much in V and when i login this year i had no money cloths etc. from the ps3 version
i just hope we will be able to keep everything from warframe on ps4

I had to go through R*'s social club or whatever, there as an option like "transfer account from PS3" and it let me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Pent_ said:

I had to go through R*'s social club or whatever, there as an option like "transfer account from PS3" and it let me.

damn i didn't know that
is it too late to do so? what about stuff like cod ghost i had to re-buy skins n what not 😞

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, (PS4)owenslim said:

damn i didn't know that
is it too late to do so? what about stuff like cod ghost i had to re-buy skins n what not 😞

Probably not too late to do it for GTAV but I wouldn't know anything about CoD. It's usually at the discretion of the company.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I want to migrate my account towards PC, Why Sony don't let me migrate? Why they are so stubborn? 

 

I want to duplicate my account on PC and keep my account so I can continue on PS5. Why not have this agreement with DE. I'm supporting PC and console. 

Edited by Felsagger
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

I want to migrate my account towards PC, Why Sony don't let me migrate? Why they are so stubborn? 

 

I want to duplicate my account on PC and keep my account so I can continue on PS5. Why not have this agreement with DE. I'm supporting PC and console. 

because it makes them less money and the builds are different and such. and partly because of Sony not wanting to lose people. because they can't just let one person do it. and all that jazz

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, (XB1)Solargeo said:

because it makes them less money and the builds are different and such. and partly because of Sony not wanting to lose people. because they can't just let one person do it. and all that jazz

 

Disagree. 

I will continue consuming and using both accounts because the state of development in PC will diverge eventually with PS5. I want to have a maxed out account both on PC and PS5. So there will be no loss of money whatsoever. I a'm not abandoning them. I want to have full experiences on PC and PS5. that doesn't stop me playing on the PS5 and spending money optimizing my account. 

At one point the duplication happens with what you have on PS4 keeping your account instead of migrating. It's a duplication without leaving the console account behind. 

Edited by Felsagger
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Felsagger said:

 

Disagree. 

I will continue consuming and using both accounts because the state of development in PC will diverge eventually with PS5. I want to have a maxed out account on PC and PS5. So there will be no loss of money whatsoever. I a'm not abandoning them. I want to have full experiences on PC and PS5. that doesn't stop me playing on the PS5 and spending money optimizing my account. 

At one point the duplication happens with what you have on PS4 keeping your account instead of migrating. It's a duplication without leaving the console account behind. 

Yeees but your not paying for all that extra data you will be taking up with the duplication. and Sony does not care, Its all on Sony. even then I would say fork over money Microsoft would do the same thing but its because they don't want the CHANCE at losing players. and its kinda a dev no no for doing something like this aka COnsole to PC because of all the hassle and such. PC to Console was because they were able to say ok PC no new builds till console gets set up then well after migration we know how it went.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, (PS4)FriendSharkey said:

The  question nagging me is what do we do if PS5 is garbage because they (Sony) got cocky and pulled a Don Matrix with the new system...we really got to get on Sony's butt about account transfers and really being for the gamer.

Don't worry, we will burn that bridge when we get to it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2018-07-02 at 11:13 AM, (XB1)Solargeo said:

Yeees but your not paying for all that extra data you will be taking up with the duplication. and Sony does not care, Its all on Sony. even then I would say fork over money Microsoft would do the same thing but its because they don't want the CHANCE at losing players. and its kinda a dev no no for doing something like this aka COnsole to PC because of all the hassle and such. PC to Console was because they were able to say ok PC no new builds till console gets set up then well after migration we know how it went.

 

 Disagree.

There will be a fee for data duplication. And if I want to migrate I could start over on PC any day. The certainty of loosing a player is there despite the migration. I am a veteran on the game and a duplication will not hurt the console market because I will be updating and participating in BOTH accounts. I already invested a lot of money with Sony and they made a lot with my account. In a fair situation I can ask DE for the permission if Sony decides to concede the duplication. 

There is a significant difference between migration and duplication of accounts. Both environment will not be affected by each other because I'll be busy playing on console AND Pc in order to keep both account with minimum disparity. It's a win win situation for Sony and Digital Extreme. I'll be consuming on both accounts trying to keep disparity between them at minimum. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2018-07-02 at 12:01 PM, SenariousNex said:

Don't worry, we will burn that bridge when we get to it.

 

On 2018-07-02 at 10:54 AM, (PS4)FriendSharkey said:

The  question nagging me is what do we do if PS5 is garbage because they (Sony) got cocky and pulled a Don Matrix with the new system...we really got to get on Sony's butt about account transfers and really being for the gamer.

All this cross play and stuff started because of fortnite Epic games not running business like DE does, look how many years warframe have been playable for all platforms without any problems, now Nintendo is in the mix the same game we all played for 5 years and no problem about cross play or anything else i say let playstation do it their way and keep everything as is.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2018-06-24 at 7:03 PM, (PS4)owenslim said:

is anyone else worried about this because when switching from ps3 to ps4 and you owned a game like gta V you would'nt have the same stats items,cars etc. Do you just think the same will happen with ps5?

 

TBH, it will probably be worth it to keep your PS4 when the PS5 comes out. From rumors online, it will probably be all VR. If that’s the case, the PS4 will probably still be sold for a good while or it’s will just be completely different in how they sell it.

Edited by (PS4)godlysparta
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2018-06-24 at 9:03 PM, (PS4)owenslim said:

is anyone else worried about this because when switching from ps3 to ps4 and you owned a game like gta V you would'nt have the same stats items,cars etc. Do you just think the same will happen with ps5?

 

sony has stated they made mistakes with the port from 3 to 4. and said they wont be making changes to how data stored from one gen to the next again.  so i would say 98% chance that there wont be problems with account and save transfers from ps4 to ps5 given the game is supported for both

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...