Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Killing The Stalker

shut

Question

Hey.

I keep seeing all these posts about how the Stalker is "too easy to kill" and stuff like that, so after dying against him twice out of three encounters (one of which I only won because his AI for Phobos is incomplete, so I basically had a full sandbag scenario), I'm starting to wonder how on earth you guys are managing to kill him. All three stalkers that I've faced are level 45.

The first encounter that I've ever had took me completely by surprise, so of course I dropped like a rock that had recently been sliced in half by a rogue Tenno.

The second encounter was the one on Phobos, in which I won since he just stood there as I fired repeatedly at his head. This is where I get confused-- many players say that they're able to take him down without even needing to empty their clips on many of their weapons. His head was my Latron's personal sandbag for a full three minutes. It was only after three full minutes of nonstop firing and reloading (with careful timing on the last shot of the clip so as to prevent his shields from recovering by any remotely substantial amount) and 60% of my Latron's ammo being stored safely in Stalker's face that he disappeared in his little puff of smoke.

Granted, it was, like, a level 4 Latron with no noteworthy attacking mods, but still... 3 minutes of sandbagged headshots? Just how powerful are the mods that you guys are using?

So, after the second encounter, I decided that I wanted to face the Stalker the proper way-- you know, one where he actually does something besides walk sideways very slowly while you thrust bullets into his eye sockets. So I watched a few YouTube vids of people killing the Stalker, and it seemed easy enough to me. Just run away from him as fast as you can while tossing bullets at him, and run away faster if your shields need recovering. Okay, no problem.

So I encountered him for the third time, and after he spawned, I Zorencoptered to another room to prepare myself for what I evidently thought would be an epic duel. I edged around the door, planning on shooting a quick bullet into his face and having him chase me to the less Grineer-infested room that I was in. So I shot a bullet into the back of his head, and lo behold, I didn't even see the recoil of the shot go back down. He teleported behind me and slash-dashed me (instantly removing all of my health, while leaving almost 70% of my shields intact) before the recoil even finished.

Haven't seen him since then.

So, yeah-- just how do you guys fight the Stalker? What are your ideal weapons for destroying him quickly, and what is your strategy for hitting him while avoiding his attacks should the fight drag out due to non-endgame-level weapons or something? Throw your tips at me; I must get revenge on the Stalker for getting revenge on me. XD

Sincerely,

a Rank 30 non-potato'd Loki

Edited by SortaRandom

For one your using Loki. Stalker's attacks are powerful. They once bypassed all 900 of my shields and killed me outright cold (that was cheap). You need to be very carful against Stalker with how you use your abilities, because he's merciless.

Secondly, all primary weapons currently (at least non Clan-tech ones), are insanly underpowered to Secondary weapons. Bug? I don't know but its very annoying! (Note: My Twin Gremlins do 264 damage a shot, my Latron with more damage, does 11... what?)
So yea, I would suggest getting yourself a good secondry weapon to fight him with. Most peoples mods like Hornet strike or Serration are at 100% or more, so that makes it fairly easy to make him go pop.

The easiest frame to fight him with (I've tried them all), is Frost. Reason behind this is Snowglobe. It'll stop all his attacks with his Dread and Dispair from the outside, and make them so slow inside you can just sidestep to dodge them. His slashdash ability is easy to dodge in the globe... well you get the idea.
So if you're planning on making stalker appear, Take a Frost with a decent Snowglobe, and a good secondary weapon (Usually Twin Gremlins, Twin Vipers, Hikou or other high damage high fire rate weapons).
A little trick in a Snowglobe, run up to him to get him to take out his Hate and try and hit you with it, then just run right past him. This sticks him in the animation to swing his hate, and his speed is halved, so that is a nice wide open window of opportunity to kill him.

Note: The Stalker may not be able to see you so easily when he is Invisible, but he ISN'T distracted by Decoy anymore. Also do not Radial Disarm him, as his Hate is VERY powerful. You can't switch teleport him either.

Edited by Stormandreas

For one your using Loki. Stalker's attacks are powerful. They once bypassed all 900 of my shields and killed me outright cold (that was cheap). You need to be very carful against Stalker with how you use your abilities, because he's merciless.

That's his Slash Dash - once you dodge it, he doesn't hit that hard.

Just jump up on a box or something and he will miss you with his Slash Dash.