Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Searching for Chroma Prime art concepts

Physio7

Well, i know few days ago Limbo Prime was released and maybe its too soon to ask this question... but  as Chroma Prime is so likely to be the next prime i was looking for concept art about a prime version of chroma, but i've found only 1 concept , so i wonder if there is more concept art about a Chroma Prime version

Edited by Physio7

Well primes are like evolved forms of the regulars(too bad abilities aren’t stronger). So he may look like a more ferocious dragon compared to other forms. But most times when I see some art of a future prime they look like failed attempts. Like all they did was add a different helmet and changed the colors. Even the limbo prime art work looked more like the regular. Primes tend to look bigger, more armored than their regulars. My thing is what would his wings look like on his Effigy. 

As i've could seen in another primes, they use the regular warframe but they remodel their textures to a better version and they add some aditional detached orokin decoration across their bodies, i hope chroma could have a better skin of the dragon scales textures on his torso, and a helmet that it could really looks like a golden dragon, i know i know, with oberon prime people thought he was gonna have a deer head with huge horns but we got a goat head, looks a little strange, but as it haves golden horns i loved the design

Sucks I can’t draw. Otherwise I be designing my own idea of a chroma prime that would actually look like a prime and not some cheap copy. Umbra looks more like a Prime than the original Excalibur prime and that’s because Excalibur prime(being the first), has the least amount of changes compared to all the other primes. Rhino Prime is a good example of being bigger and Excalibur prime’s helmet is an example of being very different. If people would focus one what makes them similar AND different then they could come up with better ideas for future primes. Even limbo’s hat looks different from all the other hats.

But right now I’m visualing a big winged golden chroma(whose energy wings look like the element he has on), carrying 2 big golden Zorans while using Spectral Scream.

the idea for a huge elemental wings looks cool, about the pelt i wonder if it could look as a real dragon and not like an empty shell, i know is just a pelt.... but it would be cool to have a real dragon with us

15 hours ago, Physio7 said:

the idea for a huge elemental wings looks cool, about the pelt i wonder if it could look as a real dragon and not like an empty shell, i know is just a pelt.... but it would be cool to have a real dragon with us

Maybe an elemental energy body? Like basically has an internal body made of the element he has on in place of his real body when effigy is used. Like an exalted body. Could probably even add different mods to the effigy itself as if it was a different warframe. Though that might make Chroma OP. 

Be nice if it did more than scream and breath, like elemental slashes at enemies up close while using its own spectral scream for far away. And be nice if you could summon it where the cursor is so you can unleash Effigy from a distance into a crowded area without risking damage. 

I could see his scream having a more spiral shape to it while it is fire. Electricity being more of a quick burst that can scatter to other enemies in range. Poison bullet darts for the toxic. And ice pushes enemies back. Something to make each element animation more unique looking.

I could see things like his second ability having the element surround his body vs the wave you see around his feet. Like he has fire in different places on his body. Electricity surging through him. Snow swirling around. And maybe toxic ooze. Though that last one might be too much.

His helmet I could see looking like the Deluxe helmet mixed with the long dragon helmet. Like it is long, has noticeable teeth where his element leaks out every now and then.

I could see some sort of energy orb in the center of his chest to be like his heart and has streams of the elemental energy traveling from it to other locations on his body. Plus having actual looking dragon wings that obviously becomes bigger when in Effigy. Basically they open when he is gliding and when he summons the effigy. And has different shaped energy wings when gliding without his pelt. 

The main thing is what would his skin be made out of? Would it look like any other warframe skin or would it be more molten looking? 

7 hours ago, (PS4)chris1pat8twins said:

Maybe an elemental energy body? Like basically has an internal body made of the element he has on in place of his real body when effigy is used. Like an exalted body. Could probably even add different mods to the effigy itself as if it was a different warframe. Though that might make Chroma OP. 

Be nice if it did more than scream and breath, like elemental slashes at enemies up close while using its own spectral scream for far away. And be nice if you could summon it where the cursor is so you can unleash Effigy from a distance into a crowded area without risking damage. 

I could see his scream having a more spiral shape to it while it is fire. Electricity being more of a quick burst that can scatter to other enemies in range. Poison bullet darts for the toxic. And ice pushes enemies back. Something to make each element animation more unique looking.

I could see things like his second ability having the element surround his body vs the wave you see around his feet. Like he has fire in different places on his body. Electricity surging through him. Snow swirling around. And maybe toxic ooze. Though that last one might be too much.

His helmet I could see looking like the Deluxe helmet mixed with the long dragon helmet. Like it is long, has noticeable teeth where his element leaks out every now and then.

I could see some sort of energy orb in the center of his chest to be like his heart and has streams of the elemental energy traveling from it to other locations on his body. Plus having actual looking dragon wings that obviously becomes bigger when in Effigy. Basically they open when he is gliding and when he summons the effigy. And has different shaped energy wings when gliding without his pelt. 

The main thing is what would his skin be made out of? Would it look like any other warframe skin or would it be more molten looking? 

About a heart concepts for chroma i imagine a crystal prism xDDD as he is the master of colours (chromatic) https://www.deviantart.com/blazingcobalt/art/Warframe-Effigy-521761086 , about his skin i want something more.... with scales, i think he could looks great with a pelt with scales, white and gold scales

Edited by Physio7

4 hours ago, Physio7 said:

About a heart concepts for chroma i imagine a crystal prism xDDD as he is the master of colours (chromatic) https://www.deviantart.com/blazingcobalt/art/Warframe-Effigy-521761086 , about his skin i want something more.... with scales, i think he could looks great with a pelt with scales, white and gold scales

The scales I could see. After all they did give Zephyr feathers so I can see sort of golden armored scales around the body. Mainly the parts for the effigy. But what would his peltless body look like? Couldn’t be scaly since he sheds his pelt into the effigy. 

2 hours ago, (PS4)chris1pat8twins said:

The scales I could see. After all they did give Zephyr feathers so I can see sort of golden armored scales around the body. Mainly the parts for the effigy. But what would his peltless body look like? Couldn’t be scaly since he sheds his pelt into the effigy. 

well chroma haves little scales around the belly, maybe they make him a remastered version of that scales with better textures

well i'm not searching for an artist to make a concept, i'm just searching for concepts already made about what people expects about a prime version of chroma, i'm just curious about what people wants, what they think about what is going to be Chroma Prime

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Ok guys i've already see how is chroma prime, DE showed officially us in yesterday prime time and his design is awesome for me, i know he doesnt wear many gold ( but i think he haves more goldy parts under his pelt) he reminds me to daedric armor, i luv it <3<3<3 

Oh and today they are going to show us chroma prime in action in today devstream, so stay tuned :0

Edited by Physio7
some wrong words