Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

In your honest opinion, do you think D.E is bringing back Primed chambers?

(PSN)Kazaroosue

Maybe they'll give a few out sporadically, but I don't think it'll be "fully" released.

Still, if I were you, I'd sell it. It's pretty useless for the most part, especially with rivens being a thing. Yet, people pay absurd amounts for it because of rarity. I'd take that plat over a mod I'd never use any day.

1 minute ago, Leland_Gaunt said:

Maybe they'll give a few out sporadically, but I don't think it'll be "fully" released.

Still, if I were you, I'd sell it. It's pretty useless for the most part, especially with rivens being a thing. Yet, people pay absurd amounts for it because of rarity. I'd take that plat over a mod I'd never use any day.

Yeah until you realize the Plat was shady Plat from a chargeback, and you get account locked. 

For the really pricey items...its just too risky. The grass isn't always greener. Hold onto your precious imo.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)zXz-Subzer0-zXz said:

Yeah until you realize the Plat was shady Plat from a chargeback, and you get account locked. 

For the really pricey items...its just too risky. The grass isn't always greener. Hold onto your precious imo.

^ THIS

Traders are getting suspended for having negative platinum balances simply for trading with another player who illegally acquired the plat, unbeknownst to the trader. It’s an ongoing problem that’s existed for the longest of times and nothing has been done about it. 

Stay away from those super big trades unless you know for certain that the player’s plat is legal. 

15 minutes ago, (PS4)zXz-Subzer0-zXz said:

7 minutes ago, (XB1)OTF SERENiTY said:

Traders are getting suspended for having negative platinum balances simply for trading with another player who illegally acquired the plat, unbeknownst to the trader.

an simple measure to take is to not spend the Plat you get from any Trade for a week or two.

15 minutes ago, Void-Gunslinger said:

No. But I hope for a Primed Charged Chamber so we, the rest, can really use it with Vectis Prime.

FYI, it's basically useless on Vectis Prime because you need to use Depleted Reload and using two Mod Slots for that is basically no gain in Damage at all.
(tl;dr it's useless for Vectis Prime, and the Rate of Fire of Vectis Prime is faster than the Reload Speed anyways so you can one Mag an Enemy faster than you could two Shot them with Depleted Reload anyways)

just stick on something else. Argon Scope/Bladed Rounds, a Riven, even just another Elemental.

hell it may not even be worth the trouble on vanilla Vectis, because of how much higher the Stats of Vectis Prime are from the get go.

Edited by taiiat

Primed Chamber is a status symbol its not really useful anymore as the power creep and increase in mods, rivens and primed mods has come to pass. There are simply better mods and ways to spend your plat, unless all you care about is feeling like you are cool for owning one.

1 minute ago, Ecliptix said:

Primed Chamber is a status symbol its not really useful anymore as the power creep and increase in mods, rivens and primed mods has come to pass. There are simply better mods and ways to spend your plat, unless all you care about is feeling like you are cool for owning one.

My mom thinks i'm pretty cool.

It wont ever come back. DE have repeatedly said if they do rerelease it it will be a toned down and nerfed version. As a result, we wont ever see the primed chamber we all know and love released again.

42 minutes ago, taiiat said:

FYI, it's basically useless on Vectis Prime because you need to use Depleted Reload and using two Mod Slots for that is basically no gain in Damage at all.

You don't know how the mod works if you think its useless. Charged chamber and primed chamber are applied after all other damage calculations. This means that All damage you do with the first shot is increased by 60% for charged and 100% for primed. Primed chamber doubles your damage and is well worth the 2 mod slots on vectis prime.

33 minutes ago, ---Quill-Onkko--- said:

You don't know how the mod works if you think its useless.

well worth the 2 mod slots on vectis prime.

i know exactly how the two First Shot Multiplier Mods work.
they're a lot more situational than people hype them up to be. Vectis Prime having such higher Stats really closes the gap, and it's just pointless on Vectis Prime if you actually know how to calculate Damage in this game. :)

the one situation that it's definitely good is a Crit Slash memes Loadout for vanilla Vectis. though with Hunter Munitions thesedays.... that has become less relevant than it already was.

if you think it's worth using on Vectis Prime, go ahead. your math is incorrect, but i'm not going to stop you. just shoutout to the min/maxing side of the Playerbase that knows it's never useful on Vectis Prime. 
and then Rivens were added to the game, to make it even less likely to fit it on a Loadout without nerfing your Damage to Equip it. but before Rivens you already lose Damage to Equip it with Depleted Reload.

recheck your numbers, and have a nice day.

Just now, taiiat said:

recheck your numbers, and have a nice day.

the math isnt wrong, the mods apply after all other damage calculations. Its real easy to tell some one their math is wrong without testing but ive done extensive testing on it. I made comment on it before, but a very large amount of my previous comments seem to no longer exist on the forums. I'll test it again and post my results. feel free to test it your self while i do since you think im so wrong about it.

12 minutes ago, CupcakesMoo said:

It's useless. Rule of Thumb: All exclusive or artificially rare content is useless, and may not actually exist. 

I don't think you understand what "useless" means. My lato prime is rare and exclusive and can 1 shot level 120 sortie enemies. not useless at all.

5 minutes ago, ---Quill-Onkko--- said:

the math isnt wrong, the mods apply after all other damage calculations.

yes the paper Stat is very strong, but not strong enough for two Mod Slots. 2x Damage is still beaten by 2 other Damage Mods despite them being weaker individually. because Mods are Additive to themselves but Multiplicative together....

and that i already mentioned you can fire two Shots without Depleted Reload faster than with.
sorry that you're disappointed with your purchase, but it's really not as good as you thought it was.
that is, unless you're Chroma or Octavia(or any other Additive Bonus Ability, Roar/Electric Shield wouldn't change what Mods are optimal),with a Covenant buff with Elemental Augments already applied. a pretty specific situation to make Primed Chamber the most effective final choice. incredibly specific, even.

3 minutes ago, taiiat said:

yes the paper Stat is very strong, but not strong enough for two Mod Slots. 2x Damage is still beaten by 2 other Damage Mods despite them being weaker individually. because Mods are Additive to themselves but Multiplicative together....

and that i already mentioned you can fire two Shots without Depleted Reload faster than with.
sorry that you're disappointed with your purchase, but it's really not as good as you thought it was.
that is, unless you're Chroma or Octavia(or any other Additive Bonus Ability, Roar/Electric Shield wouldn't change what Mods are optimal),with a Covenant buff with Elemental Augments already applied. a pretty specific situation to make Primed Chamber the most effective final choice. incredibly specific, even.

That 2 Mod slot usage then doubles the effectiveness of every other mod-slot (since it's multiplicative against the total damage done), including any Riven. The big question would be how many shots you can get off after firing two shots without depleted reload and PC. If it's only 1, I'd think that PC + DR + Riven would give you more paper DPS.

18 minutes ago, taiiat said:

Im talking about in game testing, not paper stat. once again i say, its all well and good to tell me im wrong with out doing any testing of your own. And yes 2 other elemental mods would do slightly more paper damage, however primed chamber doubles the damage potential of every mod slot. Effectively serration goes from 165 to 330. elemental mods go from 90 to 180. crit damage is doubled (crit chance and multishot obviously stay the same).

The vectis obviously gets more benefit out of the mod than the vectis prime. However none of this changes the fact that my math is correct. Go test it IN GAME and come back (charged chamber works the same way as primed chamber so its fine for testing) and you will see a ~60% increase in damage done

Edited by ---Quill-Onkko---

8 minutes ago, ---Quill-Onkko--- said:

Im talking about in game testing, not paper stat. once again i say, its all well and good to tell me im wrong with out doing any testing of your own. And yes 2 other elemental mods would do slightly more damage, however primed chamber doubles the damage potential of every other mod slot. Effectively serration goes from 165 to 330. elemental mods go from 90 to 180. crit damage is doubled (crit chance and multishot obviously stay the same).

The vectis obviously gets more benefit out of the mod than the vectis prime. However none of this changes the fact that my math is correct. Go test it IN GAME and come back (charged chamber works the same way as primed chamber so its fine for testing) and you will see a ~60% increase in damage done

Don't forget that a Riven Mod with Critical Chance, Multishot, Damage, and -Magazine on Vectis Prime replaces Depleted Reload in the scenario above which gives you even more damage. The people who own this mod usually know what they are doing. It is very situational to a few Sniper Rifles, but with Riven Mods existing and -Magazine existing on said Rivens, the spice levels of Primed Chamber have increased, hence why it is now at 150,000 platinum on PC.

Edited by --Q--Voltage

DE already said Primed Chamber will return in a Devstream if I recall correctly (don't ask for source coz I don't know which one)

How and when they're bringing it back is unknown tho. They may probably make it a proper prime mod and put it in login reward (duh)

As it stands for now, it's a symbol of exclusivity, or rather stupidity for the buyers considering the increase of power in unit cost, don't know which one is more accurate.

Edited by Marvelous_A

2 minutes ago, --Q--Voltage said:

Don't forget that a Riven Mod with Critical Chance, Multishot, Damage, and -Magazine on Vectis Prime replaces Depleted Reload in the scenario above which gives you even more damage. The people who own this mod usually know what they are doing. It is very situational to a few Sniper Rifles, but with Riven Mods existing and -Magazine existing on said Rivens, the power of Primed Chamber has increased, hence why it is now at 150,000 platinum on PC.

I don't think that it can, According to this Riven Calculator, the largest -Mag Cap for the Vectis is only -41% 

(So it depends on how they treat decimals)

Edited by A-Midnight-Shanking

1 minute ago, --Q--Voltage said:

Don't forget that a Riven Mod with Critical Chance, Multishot, Damage, -Magazine on Vectis Prime replaces Depleted Reload in the scenario above which gives you even more damage. The people who own this mod usually know what they are doing. It is very situational to a few Sniper Rifles, but with Riven Mods existing and -Magazine existing on said Rivens, the power of Primed Chamber has increased, hence why it is now at 150,000 platinum on PC.

exactly. plus the entire "2 elementals deal more" arugment against it falls appart when you get a riven with 2 elements on it

4 minutes ago, Marvelous_A said:

DE already said Primed Chamber will return in a Devstream if I recall correctly (don't ask for source coz I don't know which one)

How and when they're bringing it back is unknown tho. They may probably make it a proper prime mod and put it in login reward (duh)

They said it wouldnt, and if it did it would be nerfed

Just now, Marvelous_A said:

Unless you can show a reply DE staff saying otherwise it's safe to assume this mod is possible to return, albeit how and when is unknown.

Erh. That post is five years old. It's like DE saying they will bring Dark Sectors back. Or they will bring trials back. 

Yeah, it's not happening.

2 minutes ago, rune_me said:

Erh. That post is five years old. It's like DE saying they will bring Dark Sectors back. Or they will bring trials back. 

Yeah, it's not happening.

And Braton Vandal and Lato Vandao were CB exclusive. Guess what happened?

And Primed Chamber they straight out said it's not exclusive the moment they released it. So it's even more likely for them to release it than to release Braton Vandal And Lato Vandal.

Edited by Marvelous_A

1 minute ago, Marvelous_A said:

Unless you can show a reply DE staff saying otherwise it's safe to assume this mod is possible to return, albeit how and when is unknown

They said in one of the dev streams "we are not planning on it and if we do it will be toned down" i dont remember which but i did find a much more recent clip from a dev stream with a definitive "nope"

Spoiler