The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Index Point Amount Question

Spartan336

Question

So I was in a high risk index game with two other people. One of them was playing Rhino and had gotten up to 15 index points. The other guy kept going "Are you gonna turn in?" The entire game, no matter how many points the other guy had, but when the Rhino finally turned in at 15 for the second time he finally went "Man [Jab at Rhino's player name here] is right what a D-bag." And immediately left. 

To me this was a perfectly legitimate strategy. I've done it several times with Inaros, and 15 is actually my go-to turn in point. However I can see why he got irritated. It's not good to die at your goal with 15 points and loose your team the game. (Said agitated player was swearing and taking it a bit far though.) 

Do you get irritated by such large point pools? Or did this guy not know what he was talking about? What do you think? 

9 answers to this question

For me it depends largely on:

• If the player hoarding the points has a frame that can survive financial stress, i.e. Rhino, Inaros, Nidus
  • If the player is watching the timer, and making sure that time does not run out before the objective is met

I just solo and turn in 20s - though sometimes if I feel the clock is looking low before 20 I will go turn in 15 to be safe.  I try my best to never do less than 15.  

Playing Index with real people is garbo and in almost all cases is slower than a good solo strategy.

Iron Skin Rhino + Plasmor being the winning strategy for solo Index.

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

The only times I get irritated is when people obviously hoarding points don't hand them in at decent intervals; hoarding too many points won't earn bonus points after a certain amount. And that's on Medium Risk runs, so it might be worse/better on High and Low respectively.

The maximum amount I can get to with Excalibur Umbra is 10 before it becomes a serious risk to keep stacking points. Often I would turn in at least 5 for the minimum bonus, meaning if others don't hand in frequently like I said, then their point-hoarding becomes pointless. Also, I almost always take Tigris Prime with me as it is effective, and my Excalibur Umbra is built for a self-healing Rage/Life Strike build.

Simplified: My hand-in schedule for Index Points:

Spoiler

-5 if the situation is messy and others aren't handing in enough or are hoarding.
-10 in good scenarios.
-Any higher than 15 is a risk for any of my Warframes that aren't armed with immunity measures, like Wukong, Nidus, or Rhino, but even then it's risky because of the drains and reductions being heavy.

Recommendation for public hand-in rates, for convenience; it's a waste of time to hard so many points if they aren't handed in before someone else gets to the round-end score:

Spoiler

-If there's time, rack up 10 to 20.
-If there isn't time, rack up 5.
-If someone is handing in larger amounts than you faster than you, increase your effort.

In a nutshell:

Spoiler

If you're one of those people who try to stack the highest points in public matches, please stop trying to do that as there's a time limit and both you and I would likely want more credits faster, so please hand them in before the amount handed in already and required amount cause your points to overflow and become partially a waste of effort.

Edited by Koldraxon-732
Expanded.

Trinity nuke kill enemies, or some other killing frame.

Rhino Prime collect points

The "perfect strategy" is collect 17 points and hand in for 17pts + 8 bonus pts = 25pts per hand in. Do this 4 times and 100 points, round cleared.

The "slowest strategy" is all players running around trying to kill and collect points. 5 points + 2 bonus, 10 points + 4 bonus. So a lot of 5 - 9 point hand in makes it significantly slower. This is made even slower by the enemies not dieing a quickly.