Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Sacrifice: Hotfix 23.0.6

[DE]Megan

9 hours ago, tucker_d_dawg said:

Ability to issue commands to lures/spectres/etc from further away, especially when they are off the ground and you can't get close enough to hit X

I like all your suggestions but this one - its annoying as it is when the lures decide to take over the action X button when trying to reload or inserting the shard - i can't imagine how bad it would be if they responded from further away. Especially since I don't see mention of them fixing the unable to reload bug resulting in extra "X"'s trying to see if the last attempt at transferrence allows me to reload again

Agreed that it shouldn't be a wide area - even just allowing X for interaction while you're jumping might be enough. I just hate losing lures when they're somewhere I can't stand close enough to

23 hours ago, Zyneris said:

*screams in delight*

The Harrow one is nice too, but seriously this augment for Octavia!!!

❤️

Why are you so hyped for Octavia's augment? there is no scenario in game that needs 2 reduced range mallets to cover several points, when the range of both combined is the same as a single mallet that's all a stationary mission needs. If you could have 2 rollers with 1 mallet each, now that would be different but this... explain please.

1 minute ago, Kiwinille said:

Why are you so hyped for Octavia's augment? there is no scenario in game that needs 2 reduced range mallets to cover several points, when the range of both combined is the same as a single mallet that's all a stationary mission needs. If you could have 2 rollers with 1 mallet each, now that would be different but this... explain please.

Last night, I was in sortie (void, surv) in the big tree room, I used both mallets to cover the two main bottom floor spawn entrances with one of them having AMP on it. Worked like a dream. To get the most out of Octavia you want duration, not range. PLUS you can mod for range, take the augment, and STILL have plenty of duration and strength to be powerful. It's all about knowing how her kit fits together.

14 hours ago, Voraxxx said:

So.. we officially forgot about Khora..? :c

What's wrong about her?
After all the tweaks she got, she's REALLY strong. She's just not an insta room cleaner, so that makes her bad? Her 1 can do so much dmg when you have proper mods on your melee, mine usually does 100k+ per whip attack, her 2 is really good to cast on one side and focus on another while enemies get cced so you can just whip the place, her 3 didn't really change and her 4 is still nice to cover places (you can have 2 at once) and does generally a good amount of damage on normal missions and good CC on high ones.

2 minutes ago, Zyneris said:

Last night, I was in sortie (void, surv) in the big tree room, I used both mallets to cover the two main bottom floor spawn entrances with one of them having AMP on it. Worked like a dream. To get the most out of Octavia you want duration, not range. PLUS you can mod for range, take the augment, and STILL have plenty of duration and strength to be powerful. It's all about knowing how her kit fits together.

I know how an Octavia build works. And I'm sorry but the scenario you made was pointless. Enemies don't just stay at their spawn point (except in ESO :^] ) and it's not any different than having the same size of 2 mini mallets in the center of the room when enemies just keep coming to you. It's just a double cast for the same result.

5 minutes ago, Kiwinille said:

I know how an Octavia build works. And I'm sorry but the scenario you made was pointless. Enemies don't just stay at their spawn point (except in ESO :^] ) and it's not any different than having the same size of 2 mini mallets in the center of the room when enemies just keep coming to you. It's just a double cast for the same result.

It's pointless because it worked? It's pointless that I was able to manage to spawn points without issue. You do realize that whether you have 1 mallet or 2, range literally doesn't matter if enemies aren't attacking it. You could have 1 mallet cover the entire map, but if it's damage output is next to nothing, what have you accomplished?

That being said, don't like the augment? Don't get it. I think it's a great augment and experimenting with it has been quite fun. I have found more than situation where having 2 mallets has provided me great benefit. Something doesn't have to fit all situations to be useful, we see that with most frames and their augments. Think outside the box, friend.

16 minutes ago, Zyneris said:

It's pointless because it worked? It's pointless that I was able to manage to spawn points without issue. You do realize that whether you have 1 mallet or 2, range literally doesn't matter if enemies aren't attacking it. You could have 1 mallet cover the entire map, but if it's damage output is next to nothing, what have you accomplished?

That being said, don't like the augment? Don't get it. I think it's a great augment and experimenting with it has been quite fun. I have found more than situation where having 2 mallets has provided me great benefit. Something doesn't have to fit all situations to be useful, we see that with most frames and their augments. Think outside the box, friend.

It's pointless because it changes nothing. Having 2 mini mallets on 2 different entrances for the same room is the same as having a single fully sized mallet in the middle of the room you're covering because enemies will enter and get attracted by the mallet anyway and all it needs is a couple of bullets on it, having the same result. Just over-complicating yourself keeping up with 2 casts of the same abilities everytime it runs out for nothing. It's like using a low strength EV Trinity, just because you can spam her 2 to keep regening energy doesn't mean it's optimal, efficient or useful when you can just do it with 1 ability cast instead (but in Octavia's case, also using a mod slot for it).

I don't like the augment, and will get it because of collection but won't use it, but it doesn't change the fact that it's a waste of augment option for a frame since all frames only get 1 per ability (for now?). There were far better options in the megathread they made for it. I'm not even salty, just disappointed because augments are suposed to change or add something an ability didn't do before, not make it the same.

1 minute ago, Kiwinille said:

It's pointless because it changes nothing. Having 2 mini mallets on 2 different entrances for the same room is the same as having a single fully sized mallet in the middle of the room you're covering because enemies will enter and get attracted by the mallet anyway and all it needs is a couple of bullets on it, having the same result. Just over-complicating yourself keeping up with 2 casts of the same abilities everytime it runs out for nothing. It's like using a low strength EV Trinity, just because you can spam her 2 to keep regening energy doesn't mean it's optimal, efficient or useful when you can just do it with 1 ability cast instead (but in Octavia's case, also using a mod slot for it).

I don't like the augment, and will get it because of collection but won't use it, but it doesn't change the fact that it's a waste of augment option for a frame since all frames only get 1 per ability (for now?). There were far better options in the megathread they made for it. I'm not even salty, just disappointed because augments are suposed to change an ability, not make it the same.

You assume the room is smaller enough to be covered by a single mallet...you do realize that that isn't' the case in all situations. You're also assuming I said at some point that it was efficient or optimal, that it was the best augment for her, or that it somehow changes her gameplay ten-fold. I have 3 build pages for Octavia and they all don't suddenly have this mod. My excitement at the augment is based on the idea that I, personally, think it's a fun mod and has a niche it can be used in. Managing two mallets isn't hard either, so there's nothing over-complicated. 

That being said, is there room for a better augment for mallet? Absolutely! This doesn't even come close to what could be done for mallet. And this does change the ability. Making two mallets and reducing range is a change, whether it functions the same or not. http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Warframe_Augment_Mods i think you're confusing usefulness with change. They aren't even remotely the same. 

As for your level of salt, I'm sorry you dislike it. Post something in the feedback forum area about your thoughts on it. However, getting upset that some players DO like the mod isn't going to change anything. I don't work for DE, i can't help you. 

Hey, I just noticed you cant place both of octavia's mallets next to each other. Is this intentional?

It can get annoying when im trying to place a second mallet down and the resonator drives by with my first causing me to waist time and energy.

Archived