Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Alarms and control console

tprx

I've just started an alt to recapture the feel of early game play. And gosh, I had forgotten how annoying those pesky alarms are! So I thought, since the enemies need control consoles to start alarms, why not make them destructible? And if they somehow manage to start an alarm, all a player has to do is move to the next tile to use the next console to stop it. That change would not affect most of the player base, but it would let new players a little bit more freedom to explore maps.

20 hours ago, tprx said:

all a player has to do is move to the next tile to use the next console to stop it

This is already the case, though.

The only reason you wouldn't be able to move on would be that there was a level 2 alarm, which just means you need to hack twice.

How do they hinder your ability to explore?

I would very much prefer things to stay like they are. Yes, alarms are annoying, but that's what they are supposed to be. Also, in most cases, there's a console nearby so I can just disable them again. If those got destroyed, alarms would be even more annoying.

This has nothing to do with new players either -- and besides, the Grineer Forest doesn't have alarms. As a new player, you should still be able to kill things, and the consoles aren't that difficult to hack either. If you feel your weapons are inadequate to deal with enemies during an alarm, go back and do something else until your gear is up to the task. Or learn to turn off the alarms quickly, instead of leaving them active forever.

Also, many players seem to forget that you can move "backwards" in Warframe -- yes, you go through a door, and that door closes behind you. But it will open again if you move towards it, and it will let you pass in either direction. In many cases, earlier areas are quieter even during an alarm, so retreating a room or two and disabling the alarm there might be a very good option.

And then there's the lockdown. As far as I can tell, there's always a console somewhere -- even those little treasure rooms have one. You can get locked in those rooms, but you can disable the lockdown.

With destructible consoles, the whole system would have to be reworked.

And while we're at it -- what makes consoles different from other environment-things? Elevators, doors, walls...?