Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[1 of 5] Frame Concept: Hyperion

(PSN)FutureCrusader

[Copied over from Reddit, u/FutureCrusaderX]

This is my first time posting one of my concepts, so be gentle pls (Edit 2, thanks to u/Talpanian_Emperor  I've decided to add a few things to help the powers have a little bit more oomph)

I present to you Hyperion, Titan of Light. I know, Mirage does light already, but she's more about being a trickster than an Avatar of light, like how Octavia is more a musician than Banshee. I've had a few frame concepts rolling around my head for a while, so i'd like to see your opinions. This is one of 5 I have so far. This boi is meant to go into the thick of combat and sow destruction and protect comrades using Light as his weapon.

Aesthetic: Similar to Atlas' but more armored and has wavy lines and radiating arcane symbols instead of sharp edges and bacon. Lots of energy flow areas, like Limbo

Ability 1 - Laser Lethality- Press to create a concentrated beam of light, ala a one-handed Kamehameha. Hold to create a greataxe of light to swing and cleave thine enemies in twain. 300 base damage, Deals 50% Slash 50%Heat damage, scales rifle mods on tap and melee on hold, base 30% status chance. Scales with passive

Ability 2 - Scintillating Swiftness - Become light itself, increasing your speed based on Power strength and range [Leaves a light trail behind you, like the Neon powerset in Infamous: Second Son]. Gradually increase in speed as you go. On cast, blinds all enemies around Hyperion and makes you untargetable for the duration. Recasting whilst active refreshes the ability whilst keeping built up speed.

Ability 3 - Radiant Reinforcement - Tap to Create armor made of pure light to protect you and nearby allies from damage, hold to absorb nearby light to heal yourself and nearby allies, based on strength and range. Armor on Hyperion scales off of power strength and cannot exceed 95% damage reduction, on Allies it scales off of the Hyperion's power Strength and cannot exceed 75% damage reduction. Reflects 50% of damage taken back at attackers. Scales with passive

Ability 4 - Brilliant Burst- Explode with the power of a dying sun, dealing high Blast damage on all enemies in the area and blinding any survivors, with a 100% chance to proc heat. Emit an aura of Heat damage for a short period after. Scales with passive

Passive - Brilliant Biology - Being Light grants Hyperion Power. Casting abilities grants Photon stacks, which increase power strength, power casting speed, reload and weapon swap speed.Stacks decay over time. Also laser barriers don't knock Hyperion down and give him energy.

Edited by (PS4)Maddriver1

I made a light frame not too long ago and as someone that has made one I have too say I like your hyperions abilities but the name could be better since hyperion is somewhat common for fan concept frames. Use something like aprinde or lumina, I used Lychnus for my light frame.

Anyway, I aprove of this frame.

Edited by Megasupremeprime

1 hour ago, Megasupremeprime said:

I made a light frame not too long ago and as someone that has made one I have too say I like your hyperions abilities but the name could be better since hyperion is somewhat common for fan concept frames. Use something like aprinde or lumina, I used Lychnus for my light frame.

Anyway, I aprove of this frame.

Thanks fam