The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Resource farming in Eidolon missions

TheBlackAlien

Stop running in public then if you're so fed up with leechers man up and do it solo. or do like everyone else does and not give a damn if I by some weird chance go in public on the plains for a bounty I do it not giving a S#&$ if anyone else is helping I'm more than capable of doing it myself to care about someone helping me or not.

16 minutes ago, TheBlackAlien said:

So [DE] i just want to ask if you can make a kick system, that only works on Eidolon the bounty missions.

Because no one would abuse this system, right?

• Oh, someone has more kills than me? Kicked!
  • Someone triggered the bounty before I was ready? Kicked!
  • I do not like someone's name? Kicked!
  • Someone had blue on their frame? Kicked!
  • I thought just kicking you was funny? Kicked!
6 minutes ago, (PS4)ForNoPurpose said:

or better yet, disable resources like Mining nodes and fishing holes while bounties are active.

Because every single person that does a Bounty has no interest in any of the resources, right? I grab the gem nodes in bounties. People do not complain because I also participate. DE could make the bounties more interesting/involving, then people might also pay more attention.

Edited by krc473

Just now, krc473 said:

Because no one would abuse this system, right?

• Oh, someone has more kills than me? Kicked!
  • Someone triggered the bounty before I was ready? Kicked!
  • I do not like someone's name? Kicked!
  • Someone had blue on their frame? Kicked!

Because every single person that does a Bounty has no interest in any of the resources, right? I grab the gem nodes in bounties. People do not complain because I also participate. DE could make the bounties more interesting/involving, then people might also pay more attention.

"Rather than actually help out, ill do something else because its boring"

you don't do the work, you don't deserve the reward.

try that excuse on the job IRL. "you could make it more interesting, then i will do my work."

3 minutes ago, (PS4)ForNoPurpose said:

"Rather than actually help out, ill do something else because its boring"

try that excuse on the job IRL. "you could make it more interesting, then i will do my work."

Dude it's a #*!%ing game No one is paying you money to do it chill out! and as many others have said myself included if you don't like leechers play damn SOLO!!!

8 minutes ago, (PS4)ForNoPurpose said:

Generally, if you hate your job, your performance suffers. "I was bored so I did other stuff that helps me" is fairly common. I have done work before where the job "passively does itself with minimal human involvement", if my input is not required, why should I constantly give it (are you familiar with the term, "micromanage?")?

8 minutes ago, (PS4)ForNoPurpose said:

"You're correct". I end up with 90% of the damage and most of the kills. But because I mined 7 gems I do not deserve the reward?

You are mistaking "mined a few gems" for "decided to not contribute in any way to the mission". Someone that stands at the gate and does nothing does not deserve the reward, I agree. But that is not what I said I did.

Edited by krc473

4 minutes ago, EDM774 said:

Dude it's a #*!%ing game No one is paying you money to do it chill out! and as many others have said myself included if you don't like leechers play damn SOLO!!!

"go play Solo" is literally the worst argument in a game focused around multiplayer as has been mentioned many times in the past.

you are literally arguing to avoid group play in a game centered around it, and it is entirely foolish to do so. the level of entitlement this suggests is appalling.

there is a reason why things like "the rubberband trick" are heavily fought against in games, because having a random teammate do nothing while everyone else has to shoulder the worth is not fair to rest of the players.

1 minute ago, krc473 said:

Generally, if you hate your job, your performance suffers. "I was bored so I did other stuff that helps me" is fairly common. I have done work before where the job "passively does itself with minimal human involvement", if my input is not required, why should I constantly give it?

"You're correct". I end up with 90% of the damage and most of the kills. But because I mined 7 gems I do not deserve the reward?

You are mistaking "mined a few gems" for "decided to not contribute in any way to the mission". Someone that stands at the gate and does nothing does not deserve the reward, I agree. But that is not what I said I did.

A: because it is your job

B: then your not leeching, stopping to mine a few gems on the way between objectives is very different from ignoring the objectives ENTIRELY and still benefiting. this is not the point of this topic.

30 minutes ago, TheBlackAlien said:

I hate, when people joins a bouncy mission and only farming resources, while the others doing the missions. So [DE] i just want to ask if you can make a kick system, that only works on Eidolon the bounty missions.

the point is to prevent players who entirely ignore the objective for the entire duration of the mission.

People who do this, Knowingly abandon their teammates for selfish gain. Op is directly referencing those who entirely abandon the objective in this fashion. Joining a Eidolon bounty, to only run around the map and mine gems? that is just the definition of a bad team member.. the same issues also extend to those who join a bounty and simply SIT AT THE GATE TO CETUS FOR REWARDS WITHOUT ANY EFFORT.

no matter what argument, it is not fair for those who are putting in the effort. even in private groups having a member go Awol is annoying.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)ForNoPurpose said:

you are literally arguing to avoid group play in a game centered around it, and it is entirely foolish to do so. the level of entitlement this suggests is appalling.

The game is centered around group play untill you no longer need a group to help you out, once you "outgrow the cratle" (Teshin TWW) you can go alone or with other ppl just for the sake of being with other ppl to talk with or just pass the boredom (or to discuss each other's fashionframe because we all know fashionframe is the true endgame!)

Call it whatever you want but everyone who complains about leechers seems like a whiny brat to me. If you're the host just leave and let the leech sffer or if not just leave regardless and do it on your own and quit whining geez. 

13 minutes ago, (PS4)ForNoPurpose said:

A: because it is your job

Let's not debate this point. It is irrelevant.

B: then your not leeching, stopping to mine a few gems on the way between objectives is very different from ignoring the objectives ENTIRELY and still benefiting. this is not the point of this topic.

Your suggestion is to prevent this behaviour. It is relevant. I would never touch bounties again if DE removed the ability to fish/mine.

• The point I am making is that it is possible to fish and mine and still contribute just fine.

even in private groups having a member go Awol is annoying.

I disagree with this statement. I have done bounties before while my friend(s) have gone fishing/mining. I just wanted to do a bounty, they just wanted to get resources. Them not contributing made no difference at all. I had more enemies to murder. They got the resources they needed. I can solo all the bounties with very limited effort (this makes them so incredibly enjoyable...). Having three leeches with me makes absolutely no difference.

• Everyone knew what was happening at the start. No one entered the bounties without knowing what the plan was.
  • Sometimes just playing with your friends in a private match is more fun. Regardless of what they plan to do.
Edited by krc473

try to refute it, try to ignore it. the fact is that people have a problem with it, and always have.

you want to ignore the issue. i want to address it.

no matter how "boring" it may be, your teammates are likely going to expect you to contribute.

A kick option is not the solution (too much opening for worse trolling), reporting does little to nothing and will have no affect in the mission it is encountered in.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/230410/discussions/0/1471967615884710528/

Too many are complacent with it in games, even i usually ignore it.

telling people to play solo: Ignores the issue, and further promotes it. while it is not common, it does happen enough to be noticeable. Not everyone wants to solo, and not everyone will tolerate it. They either leave which furthers the issue for remaining players or they continue knowing that they will have to do the work of a teammate that usually just simply doesn't care. playing with friends is all well and good, but most of the game revolves around random groups.

to call people who address the issue childish while stating something like:

1 hour ago, EDM774 said:

tell me... what purpose, what benefit is there in having a teammate who goes off and does something else or does nothing during a mission?

if Gem/fishing gains where shared to all players during these missions i wouldn't mind it as much, and i am sure that others would not either.. but that's not how it works.. its entirely selfish. so yes, i will not simply ignore this issue.

so there are steps to take, that would improve the experience.. Restricting use of Mining/fishing gear would stop half of it, not stopping the Cetus guardian type. Having mining/fishing rewards be shared would give some benefit to group running with friends, but could increase the issue. Requiring players to be in the mission area of bounties would solve the issue as well, preventing Door sitters and fishing on the opposite side of the map.

Fun story, i once had a group intentionally fail a bounty because i noticed someone was not participating.. can you guess how that player responded? Insults, name calling, clear sense of entitlement. I laughed and said "then maybe next time you should do the bounty if you want the reward" and left party, giving the player a nice Host migration as a parting gift.

let me turn the argument back at you...

IF you want to go fishing or mine some ores, or simply explore the map... why not play solo or with friends?

Edited by (PS4)ForNoPurpose

27 minutes ago, (PS4)ForNoPurpose said:

let me turn the argument back at you...

IF you want to go fishing or mine some ores, or simply explore the map... why not play solo or with friends?

That's what I've been doing since I started playing the game 4 years ago. I'm strictly against randoms: solo or with friends is where it's at!