Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Network Connection Issues [ENGLAND!]

(XBOX)LordDaftVader

Recently, about 3 or 4 weeks ago both I and my relative have started crashing frequently all the time everday and all it said was 'The network connection has been lost. returning to the multiplayer menu'  We eventually timed it and found that it was every ~28 minutes or so ...I also have a friend who is experiencing a similar time period but is different to mine, We are both from England and all experiencing thee same thing, Iihave not found any recent topics on this so therefore made this post, 

Regards, LordDaftVader

On ‎2018‎-‎06‎-‎28 at 8:27 PM, (XB1)LordDaftVader said:

Recently, about 3 or 4 weeks ago both I and my relative have started crashing frequently all the time everday and all it said was 'The network connection has been lost. returning to the multiplayer menu'  We eventually timed it and found that it was every ~28 minutes or so ...I also have a friend who is experiencing a similar time period but is different to mine, We are both from England and all experiencing thee same thing, Iihave not found any recent topics on this so therefore made this post, 

Regards, LordDaftVader

Hi, I'm in Scotland and I have exactly the same issue. Are you with Sky and using a Sky Q hub ? DE have closed my ticket and said it's because I'm with Sky and have the Q hub.  

Edited by (XB1)eviltedi

On ‎2018‎-‎06‎-‎28 at 8:27 PM, (XB1)LordDaftVader said:

Regards, LordDaftVader

Hi again, I switched to my old Sky hub this morning, I was using Sky Q and switching to my old hub has solved it for me.

4 hours ago, (XB1)LordDaftVader said:

Aye Apparantly the Sky Q Hub is buggered.....thankyou everyone 🙂  Only found that out recently and wanted to confirm, again, 

Many Thanks

I'm happy you posted back, I'm waiting to hear back from Sky early next week, I'll post back here when I get more info.

2 hours ago, (XB1)TB Kevin 70 said:

Not sure if it is sky q. As I switched off my sky q and tried using my personal hotspot on I pad, and still lost connection after about 30mins. It is getting a nightmare must have lost so much over the last month

It's definitely my Sky Q hub, and it seems others are having the same issue. Do you have another router you can try ? 

11 hours ago, (XB1)TB Kevin 70 said:

No I don't. But can play other games fine. 

It was the same for me, I had no issues with any other title, just Warframe, I thought I was being fobbed off when they suggested the issue could be with the Sky Q router.

I indulged them and switched to my old router, I have been playing all weekend, even did a 1 hour and 3 minute excavation with my son yesterday. Read through longish post in the other thread, it may help.

I too have been suffering the 30 minutes disconnect, and I'm also on Sky Q and no old router to fall back on. Someone suggested on one of these threads (apologies to whoever it was for no name check - I can't find the post!) that disabling IPv6 could help. I tried this (Sky hub -> Advanced -> LAN IP setup -> uncheck Enable IPv6 on LAN side) and early results are encouraging! I've tried leaving it running in the simulacrum for an hour, multiple back to back 20 min survivals etc. with, so far, no disconnects. It's probably too early to say, but I'd suggest giving this a go if you're a Sky Q user without an old router fallback.

Fingers crossed Tenno!

1 hour ago, (XB1)Cotton Tail said:

I too have been suffering the 30 minutes disconnect, and I'm also on Sky Q and no old router to fall back on. Someone suggested on one of these threads (apologies to whoever it was for no name check - I can't find the post!) that disabling IPv6 could help. I tried this (Sky hub -> Advanced -> LAN IP setup -> uncheck Enable IPv6 on LAN side) and early results are encouraging! I've tried leaving it running in the simulacrum for an hour, multiple back to back 20 min survivals etc. with, so far, no disconnects. It's probably too early to say, but I'd suggest giving this a go if you're a Sky Q user without an old router fallback.

Fingers crossed Tenno!

Yup, I posted that it could an issue with the Q Hubs IPv6, some players are still having issues after disabling it, the common factors are Q Hub and IPv6, happy to hear you're not getting booted though.

I'm hoping to hear from Sky this week, I'll post back when I do. 

On 2018-07-10 at 10:34 AM, (XB1)eviltedi said:

Yup, I posted that it could an issue with the Q Hubs IPv6, some players are still having issues after disabling it, the common factors are Q Hub and IPv6, happy to hear you're not getting booted though.

I'm hoping to hear from Sky this week, I'll post back when I do. 

Thanks for keeping us informed. My support ticket with DE has been closed (I would query the status of Solved!)

This is the last response confirming the Sky connection (no pun intended)

"Upon further investigation, we have found a pattern that people with the Internet Service Provider, Sky, using the Sky Q modem are all experiencing these issues. We have had reports of other Tenno advising us that they used an older modem provided by Sky in the past and it has resolved their issue.

I would also suggest you contact your ISP and ask them to narrow down the problem for you, because all the reports we get from users who experience this problem are from the same ISP.

We wish you luck in resolving this issue and apologize we cannot be of further assistance!

Enjoy Warframe!"

Will it looks like it was the sky q hub. As switched over to older hub I brought off eBay and played for over a hour. But will be able to judge it more   tomorrow due to having more time. So if you don't have an old hub to swap over to. Have a look on eBay and get an older hub. I picked mine up for a tenner. 

• 1 month later...