Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Sacrifice: Hotfix 23.0.7

[DE]Megan

Can someone help me understand the new mods?

Ivara I get.  It's critical damage, because right now that or status is the focus of weapons.  

Nidus is a patch.  It accelerates accumulation of stacks, and at 60% effectively gives you 8 stacks for every 5 you would normally earn.  

Harrow is a fringe benefit, to give improvement on paper without making it too strong.  Note the channeling, and melee 3.0 incoming at some point.  I reserve judgement. 

Octavia is frustrating.  You get a second mallet, and halve your coverage area (even with the second cast, quarter it without).  You can buff the range, to get back up to where you generally start.  Unfortunately, without the mod the doubling will quadruple the coverage area.  This is how previous comments came to the conclusion that you give up coverage for fringe conditions.

Might I recommend some basic math.  These augments start as a cost, then transition to a benefit for mod space.  As such, maybe instead of the current percentages the range should be 50%/60%/70%/80% of the original range.  This would mean 0-2 ranks would trade off area for a second, while 4 ranks would deliver a very minor buff (71% being dead even) to coverage area and deliver that second mallet (when mod slot cost is the trade-off for the augment, making this a less penalizing decision).

I am ambivalent to the value of the rest of the augments.  They're lackluster, in that they don't deliver a lot to change utilization.  Octavia's actively seems to be poor math hurting and otherwise interesting augment.  I know people don't like the math, but hurting a novel augment is just frustrating.

2 minutes ago, masterofdetiny said:

Can someone help me understand the new mods?

Ivara I get.  It's critical damage, because right now that or status is the focus of weapons.  

Nidus is a patch.  It accelerates accumulation of stacks, and at 60% effectively gives you 8 stacks for every 5 you would normally earn.  

Harrow is a fringe benefit, to give improvement on paper without making it too strong.  Note the channeling, and melee 3.0 incoming at some point.  I reserve judgement. 

Octavia is frustrating.  You get a second mallet, and halve your coverage area (even with the second cast, quarter it without).  You can buff the range, to get back up to where you generally start.  Unfortunately, without the mod the doubling will quadruple the coverage area.  This is how previous comments came to the conclusion that you give up coverage for fringe conditions.

Might I recommend some basic math.  These augments start as a cost, then transition to a benefit for mod space.  As such, maybe instead of the current percentages the range should be 50%/60%/70%/80% of the original range.  This would mean 0-2 ranks would trade off area for a second, while 4 ranks would deliver a very minor buff (71% being dead even) to coverage area and deliver that second mallet (when mod slot cost is the trade-off for the augment, making this a less penalizing decision).

I am ambivalent to the value of the rest of the augments.  They're lackluster, in that they don't deliver a lot to change utilization.  Octavia's actively seems to be poor math hurting and otherwise interesting augment.  I know people don't like the math, but hurting a novel augment is just frustrating.

You should start a thread in "Feedback". I know some people are real downers in that area of the forums, but stick with it

Archived