Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

dumb damage questions..

SaidTheRogue

Question

hey, tenno.

i mostly play mesa and lately i've been using the preset loadouts (or whatever, a/b/c) on various weapons to tune damage for the type of mobs i'm facing. for infested i use corrosive+heat, as that gets you the most bang for buck (based on all the tough mobs being in the fossilized category and that = corrosive dmg). BUT i use corrosive projection almost all the time, and we all know its a no-brainer against grineer but my question is this..

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Ancient_Healer

^- quick example. this thing shows NO armor at all? is that correct? other half of my question.. does scaling to high levels give it any armor, or shield or anything? yes i know about specific mob abilities, as stated on the wiki.. not really what i'm asking about, to be clear. 

if infested and corpus (there seem to be a couple exceptions such as bosses, yeah) do not have armor then what the hell am i using corrosive projection aura for? seems pistol amp or whatever its called would do me fine, is that right?

so far ive gone to zone 9 ESO on mesa, that was prior to the exalted modding changes though. i need generally better ways to know ahead of time what category of enemies i'll be seeing..

2 answers to this question

For the first question, no, most Corpus enemies and practically all Infested enemies will not gain any armor or shield, no matter how high their level scale. You can go as high as level 9999 and they still won't have armor. Those who do already have it at their base.

In response to that, the answer to the second question is: Yes, Corrosive Projection is kind of redundant against them. It works on some special enemies or special scenario, but most of the time have no effect. That aura is mostly effective against Grineer or Corrupted.

Pistol Amp would be a good Aura for Mesa, since her Peacemaker is affected by any Secondary boosting mods.

51 minutes ago, SaidTheRogue said:

then what the hell am i using corrosive projection aura for? seems pistol amp or whatever its called would do me fine, is that right?

The way the math works out, Pistol Amp ends up giving merely an ~8% boost, so ... meh.

If you're going for ESO / a general use build, you'll face Armor ~half the time, thus CP will be plenty useful.