Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Exalted Weapon change is garbage - Here's why

skcuf

6 minutes ago, Zyion said:

That's hardly a good point as it just becomes an excuse for bad game design. You are basically saying it's okay for DE to make the new player experience worst because they don't have to pay a monthly subscription.

It wasn't a point at all.  More a statement about being fair in comparisons.  

Now here is the real question.  What does the new player experience have to do with the Exalted weapon change?  In almost every way the change is overall better for them than the previous method.  

Edited by DatDarkOne

Just now, DatDarkOne said:

It wasn't a point at all.  More a statement about being fair in comparisons.  

Now here is the real question.  What does the new player experience have to do with the Exalted weapon change?  In almost every the change is overall better for them than the previous way.  

Except that the Forma that was spent to improve just one ability could have been spent to improve a weapon that could have been used on other builds. And that before you could have multiple Forma setups that you could easily switch between. Not to mention the loss of 10 mod points from stances on Exalted melee is objectively worse for everyone.

3 minutes ago, Zyion said:

Except that the Forma that was spent to improve just one ability could have been spent to improve a weapon that could have been used on other builds. And that before you could have multiple Forma setups that you could easily switch between. Not to mention the loss of 10 mod points from stances on Exalted melee is objectively worse for everyone.

What new player is going to be doing all this?  Not one.

39 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

Why do we use Forma?  Because it allows us to fit in more mods of higher rank.  We get forma long before we have higher ranked mods to need the forma.  

So if you don't have the higher costing mods at full rank, then you don't need to worry about using forma.  Forma'ing a weapon or exalted is not something a newer player would be doing.  This is because they wouldn't have a full set of ranked mods for a complete build anyway.  

edit: This very truth defeats "the exalted change forma cost isn't friendly to new players" argument.  

3 minutes ago, Zyion said:

Not to mention the loss of 10 mod points from stances on Exalted melee.

Well, there's one thing I do found a little odd, since it's not equal that way. Maybe DE just doesn't want extra power for what is basically an innate thing?

5 minutes ago, Gamma745 said:

Well, there's one thing I do found a little odd, since it's not equal that way. Maybe DE just doesn't want extra power for what is basically an innate thing?

That isn't what they said when they announced the change to Exalted Weapons. They specifically said that they didn't want to nerf Exalted weapons with this change. But that is what happened, Exalted weapons were nerfed pretty hardcore in exchange for convenience. Some people see the convenience of not having to have a stat stick and think that's good enough. All I see is that Exalted weapons are allot more restrictive and costly than before. Hence why I think Exalted weapons should have unlimited mod points. Would keep Exalted weapons at the same power they were at before the change and help reduce the grind a bit.

5 minutes ago, Zyion said:

They specifically said that they didn't want to nerf Exalted weapons with this change. But that is what happened, Exalted weapons were nerfed pretty hardcore in exchange for convenience.

I wouldn't call it a big nerf, since the stats and mods didn't change. Maybe a slight extra inconvenience of extra Forma and leveling for min-maxers.

7 minutes ago, Zyion said:

Hence why I think Exalted weapons should have unlimited mod points. Would keep Exalted weapons at the same power they were at before the change and help reduce the grind a bit.

Honestly, I don't think this is a good idea, since it will most likely lead to un-needed power creep.

12 minutes ago, Zyion said:

Hence why I think Exalted weapons should have unlimited mod points.

nc9xKKq.jpg 

Come on man.  You know good and well how broken that would be.  Have you once bothered to think about the exalted weapons that aren't melee?  If you did, you would have noticed that those never used stance mods or had extra mod cap that the melee had.  

Edited by DatDarkOne

Just now, Gamma745 said:

Honestly, I don't think this is a good idea, since it will most likely lead to un-needed power creep.

DE already restricts certain mods on Exalted weapons because they would be too powerful. Adding in a mod point restriction is just redundant.

Forma is a bronze drop on most relics... dont see how its rare, hard to obtain nor how it costs plat. Bad excuse to not farm you have there. I have 35 forma bps and 21 built... its REALLY not an issue at all.

3 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

Come on man.  You know good and well how broken that would be.  Have you once bothered to think about the exalted weapons that aren't melee?  If you did, you would have noticed that those never used stance mods or had extra mod cap that the melee had.  

A mod point restriction is redundant as DE already had a restricted list of mods for Exalted weapons. You can pretty much get any mod setup you want on exalted weapons anyways, you just have to spend a ridiculous amount of Forma to put polarities for every mod slot.

Edited by Zyion

1 minute ago, LeNinja_RyKo said:

Forma is a bronze drop on most relics... dont see how its rare, hard to obtain nor how it costs plat. Bad excuse to not farm you have there. I have 35 forma bps and 21 built... its REALLY not an issue at all.

The blueprints aren't the issue, the time investment and resources to build them is.

Dude, I dont even go on heavy farming mission, I play casually and I have just stupid amounts of resources. Everyone else has put their time in. My biggest problem with this post was the "plat vacuum to suck money out of peoples pockets" ...like no, I have never had to give up any money or plat for forma..come on now

1 minute ago, Zyion said:

The blueprints aren't the issue, the time investment and resources to build them is.

Sorry but if you are worried about the resource cost of building forma, then you aren't even close to needing forma for a build as you more than likely won't have the other things needed for the build.  Which in turn would make needing forma moot.  

Which is it going to be: Either you have everything needed for a complete build (in which case forma isn't an issue) or you don't have mats to build forma (in which case you more than likely don't have the ranked mods to make the build in the first place)?

Don't you see the problem with the argument you have been presenting so far? It seems like your presenting a scenario that is very unlikely to really happen.  If the totality of your recent posts in this topic are viewed as a whole.  

2 minutes ago, LeNinja_RyKo said:

Dude, I dont even go on heavy farming mission, I play casually and I have just stupid amounts of resources. Everyone else has put their time in. My biggest problem with this post was the "plat vacuum to suck money out of peoples pockets" ...like no, I have never had to give up any money or plat for forma..come on now

Am I the only person here who remembers what the new player experience was like or how annoying it was to collect the materials to build just one Forma? I have been playing the game since the open beta, and because of that I have the materials to build hundreds of Forma. Doesn't mean I don't remember how bad the grind was back then or be able to perceive how bad it is now that new players are getting an ever increasing costs of materials.

2 minutes ago, Zyion said:

Am I the only person here who remembers what the new player experience was like or how annoying it was to collect the materials to build just one Forma?

No you aren't.  I have an alt account that is only unlocked Saturn and about MR 6.  That account has 4 forma built with 6 more BPs.  What I don't have is lots of fully ranked mods to even bother with using my forma.  This is even after using plat to buy ayatans for more endo.  

So I know for a fact that a newer player isn't concerned with needing forma.  

13 minutes ago, Zyion said:

Am I the only person here who remembers what the new player experience was like or how annoying it was to collect the materials to build just one Forma? I have been playing the game since the open beta, and because of that I have the materials to build hundreds of Forma. Doesn't mean I don't remember how bad the grind was back then or be able to perceive how bad it is now that new players are getting an ever increasing costs of materials.

3 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

No you aren't.  I have an alt account that is only unlocked Saturn and about MR 6.  That account has 4 forma built with 6 more BPs.  What I don't have is lots of fully ranked mods to even bother with using my forma.  This is even after using plat to buy ayatans for more endo.  

So I know for a fact that a newer player isn't concerned with needing forma.  

That's because contrary to what people think, DE did lessen the resource grind a bit. It's quite a long time ago, but the addition of those specific resource container somehow also increase the resource drop rate, even for the rare resource. I remembered having to continually beat down Sargas Ruk or Lech Kril to stock up my Orokin Cell supply before, but now just playing the missions on those planets can give me 1-3 Orokin Cell, if I'm lucky.