Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

IP blocked? "Update Failed! The content servers are temporarily unavailable. The update will be restarted shortly.." (Czech republic)

SkuLLtheDread

This happened to me at 4am today, some 8 hours ago (yes, I am addicted and was playing it at 4am!) when I got the "Authentication Failed" message in the chat box when I tried to invite someone.

Restarted the game and this time I couldn't even log in! ('Check your details' type error right there on the login screen where you see your warframe).

Next up the famous like "Update Failed! The content servers are temporarily unavailable. The update will be restarted shortly.." on the Launcher window. And this is where I have been stuck for the past couple of hours.

I've tried:

• Full restart of PC
  • Router reset (no proxy)
  • Windows Update
  • Changing my IP (ipconfig/reset and ipconfig/renew)
  • Using a different connection or VPN to get past the Launcher (using my mobile data via a hotspot)

That last point works, gets me past verification and into the game, but obviously this isn't viable as it's just my mobile data. Also, I don't feel comfortable using a VPN together with Steam, as I think that might get me in trouble.

This leads me to think that my IP (or IP range, or area) got banned. Needless to say, I did absolutely nothing to warrant this.

I am in Prague, Czech republic.

Are there any solutions that I could try? Thorough Googling on the subject only returns dozens of people with the same issue, most commonly from South America or Asia, but no one reporting an actual working fix. 😞

9WFm7G1.jpg

I have come to the conclusion that my IP must be banned, because I can connect and play (albeit slowly) via my phone's network.
(VPN would probably work fine, but I don't have one and I don't know if that would somehow break Steam's Terms of Service.)

It most likely happened because last night I tried to redeem a bunch of codes from the Warframe forums in order to get new Glyphs.

So all I can do is report this to DE and hope they will remove the ban. This really sucks, as (to my knowledge at the time) I did nothing wrong. A couple of invalid keys in a row probably scared the server into thinking this was a DDOS attack or something. 😞

There's nothing I can do about changing my IP, that's just the way my internet works. And resetting the router just assigns me the same IP.

I'm pretty sure my ISP will not be helpful in the matter. So, sadly, I am completely at the mercy of the DE support team.

I put so much time and effort into this game in the past two weeks, it's really saddening to think I might have to move on and just never play Warframe again. 

Edited by SkuLLtheDread

In my country we have dynamic ip's, every time I reboot the router, or every 12 hours the isp changes my ip. It does not seem to be a matter related to your ip; unless the user has been banned, which seems unfeasible. I have added the inconvenience that I try to run the game in Linux. I've been trying to solve the problem for several days. I guess I should wait for a new patch or hotfix to come up to see if this fixes it. I played for a long time in Linux without any inconvenience. This is new for me.

On 2018-06-30 at 11:17 PM, Aleilu said:

In my country we have dynamic ip's, every time I reboot the router, or every 12 hours the isp changes my ip. It does not seem to be a matter related to your ip; unless the user has been banned, which seems unfeasible. I have added the inconvenience that I try to run the game in Linux. I've been trying to solve the problem for several days. I guess I should wait for a new patch or hotfix to come up to see if this fixes it. I played for a long time in Linux without any inconvenience. This is new for me.

I think yours and mine is a separate issue. I can't log in specifically from my IP (which almost never changes), but the game plays fine over VPN or a mobile network. That's why I think my IP was automatically blocked after I tried to redeem a couple of promo codes that were no longer active.

If you tried with different IP addresses and still can't get past the Launcher, the issue might be elsewhere else. I did some Googling and a lot of people have had the same problem as you, but time (or hotfix) seemed to fix it for them eventually.

1 hour ago, SkuLLtheDread said:

I think yours and mine is a separate issue. I can't log in specifically from my IP (which almost never changes), but the game plays fine over VPN or a mobile network. That's why I think my IP was automatically blocked after I tried to redeem a couple of promo codes that were no longer active.

If you tried with different IP addresses and still can't get past the Launcher, the issue might be elsewhere else. I did some Googling and a lot of people have had the same problem as you, but time (or hotfix) seemed to fix it for them eventually.

I'm having the same issue as you. VPN and mobile phone work, home IP doesn't. Even though I have a Dynamic IP on my home connection, I'd have to disconnect my internet for several hours to get a new IP assigned.

7 hours ago, allansramblings said:

I'm having the same issue as you. VPN and mobile phone work, home IP doesn't. Even though I have a Dynamic IP on my home connection, I'd have to disconnect my internet for several hours to get a new IP assigned.

Did you recently try to redeem some promo codes? After much googling and asking around on Reddit and my clan, I'm pretty sure that that's what caused my IP to get blocked - probably tried to redeem too many in too short a time period.

6 hours ago, SkuLLtheDread said:

Did you recently try to redeem some promo codes? After much googling and asking around on Reddit and my clan, I'm pretty sure that that's what caused my IP to get blocked - probably tried to redeem too many in too short a time period.

Yeah I did. I've put in a support ticket and provided everything they asked for but all I got in their full working day was an automated message asking for more information, most of which I had already supplied in my first email.

EDIT: Just tried to launch Warframe (as I've been doing on and off for the last three days) and it started patching 😲 I just logged in too. So either the Support ticket got DE to quickly check the account and unban the IP or it's a time based temp IP ban because the server thinks their was malicious activity.

Edited by allansramblings

7 hours ago, allansramblings said:

Yeah I did. I've put in a support ticket and provided everything they asked for but all I got in their full working day was an automated message asking for more information, most of which I had already supplied in my first email.

EDIT: Just tried to launch Warframe (as I've been doing on and off for the last three days) and it started patching  😲 I just logged in too. So either the Support ticket got DE to quickly check the account and unban the IP or it's a time based temp IP ban because the server thinks their was malicious activity. 

I definitely wouldn't expect them to address the issue that quickly - it has, after all, only been like one business day. They are hard working people, but realistically, I expected them to get back to me maybe this week.

Seems like your problem got resolved though, congratulations! Must have been an automated three-day block then. I will try my game and report back. 🙂

On 2018-07-03 at 6:48 PM, SkuLLtheDread said:

I definitely wouldn't expect them to address the issue that quickly - it has, after all, only been like one business day. They are hard working people, but realistically, I expected them to get back to me maybe this week.

Seems like your problem got resolved though, congratulations! Must have been an automated three-day block then. I will try my game and report back. 🙂

I got a response back from DE. Unfortunately it doesn't really tell me anything useful. This was the most interesting part.

This problem is due to the IP protection that is enabled for the Warframe Servers. The protection includes an automated response to various internet based attacks on players. Basically, when the system detects malicious traffic, usually related to a botnet on your system or even from the ISP, our system blocks the IP. This way we can protect your account and make sure whatever malicious traffic that was detected does not gain access to it. Unfortunately, it leads to temporary service interruptions until those threats subside and normal traffic is permitted.

I will try to give you as much information on it as possible. Unfortunately, we can't tell you how long the block will last since it depends on the nature of the attack. However, if you have any questions feel free to re-open the ticket and l will do my best to answer them for you.

So the assumption that using too many failed promo codes caused the server to assume malicious attempts and IP block me, is probably accurate. Keeping in mind that my block has been removed now.

Edited by allansramblings
More info.