Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Openworld bounties leech problem

Navarc

I am not blaming anyone for anything, I perfectly understand the feeling of being taken advantage of. It is a big deal to lots of people obviously.

My only point is - how do we ensure that a kick-function or votekick does not get abused, and that it does not create other more harmful toxic behavior. I don't see how.

To be honest, I met many more elitist players telling everyone how to play and being insultant, than leeches.

When you play on public, you won't get a team of speedrunners like you for sure since there are players that play to cool off, players that aren't fast, or newbies that got into your squad and it's sometimes unavoidable. Best you can do is joining a squad through bounty or have a premade squad for that purpose

Am 8.8.2018 um 23:24 schrieb E7na:

This is the epitome of constructive and useful feedback. Well done.

If you would have read the entire thread, you would have seen my earlier posts. I made clear statements and said what i think about this topic.

But this thread is now such a dumb discussion that i wonder why the mods didn't close this yet. Plain old prohibition is a classical american thing that its funny when somebody suggests it.

Just straight up disabling mining in PoE is just a stupid approach, i have no other words for that. That doesn't change the attitude of players if you forbid something.

Maybe some people should think about other was, maybe allowing more than 4 people to play on PoE since its a freaking open world map.

Edit: This game would be a total mess if every complaint would lead to a change ingame. 

Edited by kaldewej

On ‎2018‎-‎07‎-‎01 at 8:50 AM, Navarchus said:

TL;DR

It's against the rules to leech/AFK in missions, there's an AFK timer that stops legitimately AFK people but nothing to stop leeches in bounties. This thread has become a discussion for potential solutions to that problem.

If I remember this correctly there is absolutely no rule that says how fast I have to do bounty's. Maybe I want to do the bounty's but much slower than you. So if you want to a full spout to do those, maybe you should start with a full spout.

Am 9.8.2018 um 06:55 schrieb (PS4)Pumba_Beneator:

I am not blaming anyone for anything, I perfectly understand the feeling of being taken advantage of. It is a big deal to lots of people obviously.

My only point is - how do we ensure that a kick-function or votekick does not get abused, and that it does not create other more harmful toxic behavior. I don't see how.

To be honest, I met many more elitist players telling everyone how to play and being insultant, than leeches.

This will be 100% abused. Some people who don't have the Archwing Launcher yet always take ages to get to extraction.

I also get mad sometimes, but I just leave the squad then. I can already see those people getting kicked for basically no reason.

vor 11 Stunden schrieb (XB1)GhostofaMessiah:

Oh it would definitely be abused. Still worth it if it means leeches get nothing.

Ok, let me recap this. You would rather ruin the fun of some random and innocent tennos, just to punish some bad guys. You are not loosing anything if a leecher is in the lobby, but you would loose your fun if you get kicked out of nothing.

Thats not how justice works, not in Warframe and not in real life. 

Some people...

1 hour ago, kaldewej said:

Ok, let me recap this. You would rather ruin the fun of some random and innocent tennos, just to punish some bad guys. You are not loosing anything if a leecher is in the lobby, but you would loose your fun if you get kicked out of nothing.

Thats not how justice works, not in Warframe and not in real life. 

Some people...

I do not negotiate with terrorists. Period.

In all seriousness though. Host should be able to kick at least. Not after the objective has been completed, but definitely at the beginning.

Too many times a friend gets migrated to another lobby just to get replaced by a leech.

Otherwise I just quit and pick my friend back up and try again while the lobby crashes... How much more gets accomplished that instance, honestly?

vor 34 Minuten schrieb (XB1)GhostofaMessiah:

In all seriousness though. Host should be able to kick at least. Not after the objective has been completed, but definitely at the beginning.

Too many times a friend gets migrated to another lobby just to get replaced by a leech.

Otherwise I just quit and pick my friend back up and try again while the lobby crashes... How much more gets accomplished that instance, honestly?

Why would the host be able to do this? Being host in this game has no meaning whatsoever. It just means that you either have good internet or clicked on the mission first. I don't see what makes this person more trustworthy than others. And maybe you should seek other solutions about the lobby crashing thing. Maybe tell DE to implement a proper dedicated server setup or something, but not votekick.

On 2018-08-10 at 9:31 PM, (PS4)creativedsign said:

In the past month Ive reported 30+ AfK leechers ... With screenshots and video evidence. This leeching community is getting worth, they dont care. Not sure if DE is actually doing anything about all of them reports. But at this point AFK leeching is really damaging this game.  

DE does deal with the leeches, though I would prefer it not being an option so we wouldn't have to send so many reports.

5 hours ago, kaldewej said:

Why would the host be able to do this? Being host in this game has no meaning whatsoever. It just means that you either have good internet or clicked on the mission first. I don't see what makes this person more trustworthy than others. And maybe you should seek other solutions about the lobby crashing thing. Maybe tell DE to implement a proper dedicated server setup or something, but not votekick.

Because, if you are host and you leave then the lobby crashes. I'm saying everyone should know who the host is and he should have "some" authority.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb (XB1)GhostofaMessiah:

Because, if you are host and you leave then the lobby crashes. I'm saying everyone should know who the host is and he should have "some" authority.

Hell no, you can have that on Xbox, but i don't want to see the PC Community burning.

On 2018-08-10 at 3:47 AM, kaldewej said:

If you would have read the entire thread, you would have seen my earlier posts. I made clear statements and said what i think about this topic.

But this thread is now such a dumb discussion that i wonder why the mods didn't close this yet. Plain old prohibition is a classical american thing that its funny when somebody suggests it.

Just straight up disabling mining in PoE is just a stupid approach, i have no other words for that. That doesn't change the attitude of players if you forbid something.

Maybe some people should think about other was, maybe allowing more than 4 people to play on PoE since its a freaking open world map.

Edit: This game would be a total mess if every complaint would lead to a change ingame. 

You just calling people names who have differing opinions than you only takes away from any validity you may have had.
Removing mining/fishing from PUG PoE bounties only is a perfectly logical way to remove people leeching by just fishing and mining in PUG PoE Bounties. You signed up for a bounty. Do it. You can call it stupid and me dumb, etc. But that provides nothing to the discussion at hand

I do like your idea about allowing more than 4 people out there, though. It is a huge open world, after all. But that would do nothing about the leeching problem. And yes, it would be a total mess if every complaint lead to a change, and that's why that doesn't happen in this game or any game for that matter. But serious complaints about real problems with many people asking for changes, such as this frustrating problem, often lead to positive changes and fixes. If you don't let the devs know about what's going on, how will they know of the issues?

4 hours ago, kaldewej said:

Hell no, you can have that on Xbox, but i don't want to see the PC Community burning.

Xbox community does NOT it want this either, try ps4 or switch community.

But serious to the OP. This is an issue with every open public game I have ever played. There are going to Afkers, Leechers, etc.

At least warframe incentivizes players with additional rewards and drops to be had when you do a bounty.

Participation systems would be ok, but newbies would get zero rewards because of top level speed runners (this making the game dismaying them from playing).

Edited by (XB1)Nightseid

Contrary perhaps, there is value in "leeching".

- I can run difficult bounties while clanmates fish and if i get into trouble they can help out...like fishing or mining .. on call.

- Better coordination. Clanmates source grineer ships for us to fly saving overall time and resource consumption on archwing consumables.

- Lower level new friends can safely play getting rewards without feeling excluded or like they are dead weight. Fish and mining resources for the clan are still valuable and nice to do in the same instance / squad so they feel included as part of the team.

Those are just a few reasons off the top of my head why leeching is fine.

I run Friends only usually so if someone sits at the gate without explanation .. are they really a friend? Maybe if the host is public not friends / invite only the rules can be more strict like force leaving the gate radius to get the reward or give hosts the ability to kick while objective is not yet completed.. but please leave friends / invite only alone as there are legit good reasons to do this.

Edited by Jax_Cavalera
Better ideas

IIT: People being inexplicably rude and contemptuous.

Chill, guys, it's okay to not share the same opinions. 

Seriously though, is a faulty measure a worthwhile measure at all? Right now all the suggested fixes can also end up snipping freedom from players that have done nothing wrong, which is a bit of a poor trade. Personally, I've run into perhaps one or two people that genuinely were leeches in over a hundred bounty runs, but experiences may vary and this thread is proof of that. Yet, that's an important part of all this. Do these changes even need to take place? Are there enough leeches to justify the people who are going to be affected negatively? Until someone comes up with the perfect solution that punishes only the ideal leech and no-one else, it's a valid question that honestly has precedence over everything else, since DE would have to spend time and resources on a change like this. 

Am 13.8.2018 um 21:08 schrieb E7na:

Removing mining/fishing from PUG PoE bounties only is a perfectly logical way to remove people leeching by just fishing and mining in PUG PoE Bounties. You signed up for a bounty. Do it. You can call it stupid and me dumb, etc.

Ok, i hope you can follow me trough my tought process here:

Imagine being here

CFTtI22.png

You once again have to defend the armored vault console in the marked spot. 2 Minutes pure boredom while defending if you have for example Ember or Rhino. Because of the cave being so nearby you swing out your mining tool and get some of the gems nearby.

Don't tell me you would leave them there. And since this is a open world map, restricting most of the functionality of it would make the whole open world aspect kinda pointless. Then DE could simply remove the plains and make you play a normal generated map instead since there is no more interaction with the map.

I'd go as far as calling all the supporters of removing mining/fishing leechers too, because you steal other Tennos fun.

And to your second point, i couldn't find the post where i specifically insulted you. I don't think i would do something like that, but if it happend i apologize.