Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Encyclopedia (?)

Is it just me or would it be amazing if we could get a physical (or maybe digital) book about Warframe? And I know many of you are thinking "Like a wiki?' and that's not too far off from what I mean but there's also such a bigger possibility for it. Since DE is full of such creative people, proven by what they've done over the years since Warframe's release, I have no doubt in my mind that they would be able to fill pages upon pages of lore they've wanted to get into the game but never could fit it in fully beyond tidbits. They could get into something that's mentioned but never fully explained like The Old War or the collapse of the Orokin empire with the rise of Grineer and Corpus following it. Give detailed descriptions of what Warframes are, how they act like conduits for the void power of Tenno, and how they're made or what they're of. 

I hope I'm not the only who had this idea and would most definitely throw money had it whether it was physical or digital.

Physical copy are as useful as FANDOM sponsored videos in the Wiki. Except the fact that they may be done from people that knows nothing of Warframe (which has happened with previous featured videos) They are bound to be obsolete in a patch or two. And I don't think a digital copy would work because, as said before, it would require lots of maintenance, which is already a luck having it in the Wiki.

If it is lore based rather than gameplay/stats based then it shouldn't become obsolete unless there are some major retcons.  The only issue I see with a lore based book is that DE seem to like keeping us in the dark and only revealing small amounts at a time as our characters regain memories.  I think they intentionally haven't given us a breakdown of the old war because our characters don't remember the details yet (and it allows them to not set the details in stone too soon, meaning they can tweak it without us knowing there was a change).  A concept art book would be nice though.

Encyclopedias are updated relatively alot. I learned a lot from a set from the 70s.

So a physical encyclopedia on warframe.. would be useless in one update. Unless you write notes in your encylopedias like I do. 

But I suppose if you hint enough they will release it as some collectors- oh wait. 

49 minutes ago, CupcakesMoo said:

So a physical encyclopedia on warframe.. would be useless in one update. Unless you write notes in your encylopedias like I do. 

Only if it covers game mechanics. It would stay pretty safe if it was some in-universe lore thing, like the Imperial Infantryman's Uplifting Primer

sadly, the game industry went all eco-obsessed and wanting to save paper, which is why games don't come with manuals anymore (but you can bet your a$$ they'll put Season Pass adverts and promo material in there!), so if they aren't putting 5 page booklets in there, they aren't gonna make those big, inch-thick game guides like there used to be. those days are gone sadly.