Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kill 5 Dargyn pilots before they hit the ground

OpticSolaire

Question

Hi friends,

I received a riven mod from today's sorties and I'm having trouble completing the challenge. As the title implies, the challenge is "Kill 5 Dargyn pilots before they hit the ground". I cant shoot the pilot out of the Dargyn because that doesn't count, I tried Limbo shenanigans to no avail, and it seems that no matter what, whenever I try to kill the Dargyn so the pilot will fall and then I can kill them, the Dargyn exploding instantly kills the pilot which also doesn't count. 

Any suggestions?

You have to shoot the dargyn from the front, causing the pilot to fall (not the back - or that'll kill the pilot) - then you have a tiny window of opportunity to kill the dargyn pilot before he hits the ground. It's a truly awful challenge, took me many hours. There's a very slim chance you could catch the pilot in something like a Vauban bastille I guess? but given their destination is so hard to predict, I don't think there's an easy way to win this one. Just many, many hours of grinding. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Le_lutin_magique said:

shoot at the pilot from behind. if you kill dargyn before pilot, you fail.

I found it was the opposite - I had to get them falling then kill them, and the only way to do that was to destroy the dargyn from the front. Oh and mine was also while aimgliding. 

• Like 1

Slowva + Lenz 

Ideally you want to kill the Dargyn with the initial blast, and the pilot with the AoE.

Alternatively, a max range Limbo can use cataclysm + stasis for this method.

On second thought...  Stasis Limbo is probably the best option with great enough range.

Edited by Zavenosk
  • Like 3

I think I found the solution,

4 minutes ago, dstrawberrygirl said:

You have to shoot the dargyn from the front, causing the pilot to fall (not the back - or that'll kill the pilot) - then you have a tiny window of opportunity to kill the dargyn pilot before he hits the ground. 

I thought about taking something with fast fire rate and hoping that small amount of time would be enough, but then I realized

Taking something with innate punch through (Lanka in my case), if I line the shot up right I can kill the dargyn and the pilot within the time frame.

I used max range / duration Limbo to freeze them with Banish / Stasis (Mod for negative strength as sometimes the pilot will just die from the banish damage) then it was really easy to line up a good shot.

Thanks for the help!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, OpticSolaire said:

I thought about taking something with fast fire rate and hoping that small amount of time would be enough, but then I realized

Taking something with innate punch through (Lanka in my case), if I line the shot up right I can kill the dargyn and the pilot within the time frame.

I used max range / duration Limbo to freeze them with Banish / Stasis (Mod for negative strength as sometimes the pilot will just die from the banish damage) then it was really easy to line up a good shot.

Thanks for the help!

That's brilliant! Nice work, I'll try that if I get another one of those in future. 

5 hours ago, OpticSolaire said:

Thanks for the help!

If you kill the Dargyn and the pilot at same time it will not count.

With Limbo max range and good duration you can do fine. 

Cast cataclysm + statis and wait the dargyn hit the rift, shot at bottom of dargyn(so you will not kill the pilot) and kill the pilot. I did this challenge many times using this strategy.

Edited by Richtter
  • Like 3

I have done these types of riven challenges a lot.

The best method I have found is using an Ignis Wraith.

Simply fire and kill the Dargyn, keep firing and kill the pilot.

During the day, as you enter the plains, there is usually 1 or 2 grounded Dargyn straight ahead or just to the left. Fire near the pilots / dargyns and they will take flight, explode the dargyn and kill the pilot just after takeoff. Easy.

Have fun and may RNG be forever in your favor.

• Like 1

My advice would be a bullet hose like the Supra or Mesa's 4. 

Either way blow up the Dargyn and then kill the pilot before they hit the ground. Just be thankful that it didn't have any more added quirks to it like "while aimgliding" or "while sliding" those are doable but extra annoying. 

1 hour ago, Quimoth said:

Hhm, I found the easier way: Use Itzal on any ground pilots to get them to count :).

Hmm interesting, I've alway also wondered if Zephyrs Turbulence would work in a similar manor but I've always been too lazy or forgetful to try it. 

Had a few of those rivens, waht I normally do is use Ember, fly  around in archwing find and aggro the Dargyns, then you land on top of a hill and use World on fire. They will fly in to try to kill you, use your weapon to destroy the Dargyn when it gets close, and World on fire will kill the pilot before he hits the ground if he is close enough. 

Tried most methods... Titania’s 1 make this challenge (even with aim glide) a walk in the park. 

Those walking dargyn pilot can easily cast 1 and wait for them to float awhile before killing them. 

The challenge will be those flying Dargyns. Destroy the Dargyns and let the pilot survive. Cast 1 and kill them work as well.

• Like 1