Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Something troubles me about Konzu.

How does he recognise me. I mean, I have a favourite load out for doing quests, but sometimes I show up with totally different gear. He always recognises me. 

Can he see the little floaty name tags? I always figured that was part of the warframe h.u.d., but if he and the other vendors can see them.... 

And no it's not a case of him greeting everyone the same, because I can check my standing without giving identification. And it's not a case of recognising the lisets as they touch down either. It's not like the relay where there's traffic control and multiple scan points to be allowed entry. I literally get dropped off by the beach and walk, run, hop, bullet jump in to the market. 

Is he psychic too? Because this is starting to get to me. If he and the other vendors in Cetus are... How? 

Maroo doesn't seem to recognise anyone, same spiel every time. Darvo, doubtful, just being a salesman chummy withe everyone other than Baro. The cephalons, they're super massive encyclopedias with the capacity to keep count of all the observable stars. Baro himself only seems to recognise the frame you're in, you just bought a couple million credits worth of gear from him and come back to check something on the back shelf? Yeah he's back to assuming you're a bum, just there to get the merchandise dirty with your grubby mitts ...

Then there's Clem. He's a special guy, you know. Little weird but hell of a fighter. Clem seems to know who everyone is, but then everyone knows Clem, or maybe he's just friendly to everyone... Unless they steal his grakatas that is. (You really don't want to do that.) 

Lotus, well she actually knew who we were before we did. So it makes sense for Space Mom to keep track. Stalker, Grustag three, they put a lot of effort into tracking people down. No surprise there. 

But Konzu? 

Quills?

But seriously, it's an unsatisfying answer but chalk it up to game mechanics. Warframe's lore is weird in the sense it sometimes acts like you're the only tenno and other time acknowledges the existance of others.

I'd say for Konzu just assume you're the only one there so he recognizes you easily.

More than once Konzu has referred to me as his number one gun....always made me feel good. But then I found out he was telling my GF that she is his number one gun....starting to think his number one gun compliment is about as valid as those Worlds Best Father coffee mugs 😢

I think he's one of those "fake" people who always pretend to recognize you, even though he has no idea who you are.  "HEY, my favorite Tenno!"  Shut up Konzo, you don't know me.  

Also, he's a tricksy Hobbit, so you can never be too trusting of him.  

24 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

How does he recognise me. I mean, I have a favourite load out for doing quests, but sometimes I show up with totally different gear. He always recognises me. 

The simple answer is Gameplay convenience.

If you want a more "in narrative" answer...consider that in order to associate with a group, to rise in their esteem, you'd have to establish some kind of personal relationship for that to be possible. At least, if you want to be more than a jobbing merc passing through; indeed, the more work you do and the resultant climb in the Ostron's esteem makes sense they'd become better acquainted with you and due to the number of transactions that requires, odds are they'd recognise whatever the equivalent of either a personal ID for the time is, or even your bank account.

Even could be as simple as recognising your voice when you greet him, aka, talk to him to access his menu; might not be immediate, but the "fluff" assumption is that whenever you interact with someone you'd at least be greeting them before business. Per War Within and such, we know that speech can be relayed via the frames themselves, after all.

41 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Is he psychic too? Because this is starting to get to me. If he and the other vendors in Cetus are... How?

I wouldn't say he's psychic in the sense of "knows everything"...but if the story of the Unum spreading her Temple Kuva amidst the animals of the plains is anything to go by, there could be a trace amount of linking with the Unum which does know what goes on in her domain to some degree...Quills are perhaps those that elected to go further in that, perhaps.

But, that's more theory than anything and even then, much more of a benign iteration than what the Orokin practised themselves. If right, it does raise an interesting question why the Unum, whatever she is, seems so benevolent being an Orokin entity of some kind. Maybe she's some kind of upper tier Cephalon category designed to care for people in charge, or something else?

Alas, I digress; apologies.

38 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Maroo doesn't seem to recognise anyone, same spiel every time.

Well, she is a self-centered, money driven treasure hunting freelancer. Far as she's concerned, any Tenno are all interchangeable for those willing to go hunt the stuff she's unwilling to touch herself.

It's a typical gaming trope that, in multiplayer games, you're normally seen as the main protagonist of the story, and everyone else either doesn't exist or take a backseat to you. I assume the latter is happening.

You're in the spotlight, Konzu likes you and acknowledges the others. Maroo and Baro? They look at you with indifference, that's just their personalities. Same with Darvo, you're just another potential business deal.

It's a game, why does it bother you that much.

What should bother you is, why can we run around in cetus with the operators (even going out the warframe with everyone looking at us) while Lotus said that we must keep the operators a secret ?

eh. Also, if you look at the story, it seems like the player is the only "decent" operator, and the only to have seen the lotus directly. 

3 hours ago, Zahnny said:

Quills?

But seriously, it's an unsatisfying answer but chalk it up to game mechanics. Warframe's lore is weird in the sense it sometimes acts like you're the only tenno and other time acknowledges the existance of others.

I'd say for Konzu just assume you're the only one there so he recognizes you easily.

Thats how it seems to me, most of the time.

That said, I saw the "intro video" for The Second Dream quest, earlier today...which clearly states otherwise...

2 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

nah, he just says "Tenno", and repeats the same lines so that he can never get two Tenno's mixed up, and make them all feel equally special.

Not at all. His dialogue changed as I ranked up. How would he and the other npc's know, how would they recognise that it's me inside the various frames? 

5 hours ago, Blakrana said:

The simple answer is Gameplay convenience.

If you want a more "in narrative" answer...consider that in order to associate with a group, to rise in their esteem, you'd have to establish some kind of personal relationship for that to be possible. At least, if you want to be more than a jobbing merc passing through; indeed, the more work you do and the resultant climb in the Ostron's esteem makes sense they'd become better acquainted with you and due to the number of transactions that requires, odds are they'd recognise whatever the equivalent of either a personal ID for the time is, or even your bank account.

Even could be as simple as recognising your voice when you greet him, aka, talk to him to access his menu; might not be immediate, but the "fluff" assumption is that whenever you interact with someone you'd at least be greeting them before business. Per War Within and such, we know that speech can be relayed via the frames themselves, after all.

I wouldn't say he's psychic in the sense of "knows everything"...but if the story of the Unum spreading her Temple Kuva amidst the animals of the plains is anything to go by, there could be a trace amount of linking with the Unum which does know what goes on in her domain to some degree...Quills are perhaps those that elected to go further in that, perhaps.

But, that's more theory than anything and even then, much more of a benign iteration than what the Orokin practised themselves. If right, it does raise an interesting question why the Unum, whatever she is, seems so benevolent being an Orokin entity of some kind. Maybe she's some kind of upper tier Cephalon category designed to care for people in charge, or something else?

Alas, I digress; apologies.

I've never said anything to him. Just walk up them and check what is on the docket like every other off-worlder. 

Psychic may be the wrong word.... Perhaps sensitive? As you suggested maybe there is some way that they know without being told. Spooky action at a distance, type of thing. Someone should study the phenomenon if that's the case. 

Something's fishy I tell you. And it not Hai-luk this time. Well she's part of it I suppose but you know what I mean.