Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why are sentinel weapon mod conflicts still a thing?

Clem2-TheClemening

With Venari and more recently Exalted Weapon modding, a precedent has been set that multiple pieces of equipment in a loadout can share mods. However, sentinel weapons have not been updated to reflect this, meaning players need to either upgrade multiple sets of mods, use Sweeper with a rifle primary/Vulklok with a shotgun primary, or use an unmodded Artax. Sentinel weapons aren't even that good to begin with, can they at least be made consistent with current design?

Even though I have two sets of shotgun mods ranked up for my Strun/Corinth/Hek/Tigris and my Sweeper Prime, I still facepalm when I see a free mod to place into my shotgun, just to switch to my Sentinel and notice that it says "Uh oh, your Shotgun is using my shotgun mod" when it didn't even tell me it was on the sentinel.

It's really confusing to me sometimes, and it leads to me switching mods out over and over again until all conflicts are resolved, but if I ever try to test out different builds / elemental combinations. I have to do that whole thing all over again.

I agree with this, it makes little sense for weapon mods to overlap on Sentinels and standard weapons, as it does nothing but discourage players from using Sentinel weapons, which are generally weak to begin with. I don't think it's particularly reasonable to expect players to stock up on duplicates of expensive mods, including Primed mods, just for Sentinels, so removing the arbitrary restriction here would just be a significant QoL improvement.

hace 14 horas, Clem2-TheClemening dijo:

They are. The best solution is not having to use different mods at all.

I think the game warns you when a mod is equiped to a weapon but you don't know what mods you have on your sentinel when you're modding your weapon. That's why I would like to be able to merk mods myself so I know what mods to use or not in 1 second

There is an in-game mark to show what mods you can't use on sentinels but it only shows what mods are on the currently equipped sentinel/sentinel weapon rather than all of the ones on them, just recently started trying out the different weapons since I have a dupe of some of the mods and I am still running into issues with the modding (usually when I am trying to swap to something for the mission I am queued up to do and don't have a lot of time to mess around). what I would like if the mods continue to remain separate is the ability to favorite the mods either on the sentinel or the normal weapon so that it remains marked showing that it is on one or the other regardless of the weapon it is on is equipped or not.

5 hours ago, (PS4)gta4biosmka said:

I think the game warns you when a mod is equiped to a weapon but you don't know what mods you have on your sentinel when you're modding your weapon. That's why I would like to be able to merk mods myself so I know what mods to use or not in 1 second

Mods that are on your sentinel are greyed out and have a sentinel icon on them in your weapon modding screen and vice versa.

Yeah this has been bugging me for 5 years now. It's just plain bad design to be honest. We shouldn't have to grind TWO full sets of mods just for Sentinels and their rather small "contribution" to our damage. It's just... bad. We should be able to use the mods on Sentinel weapons without such a punishing limitation.