The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Is Multishot?

Zilacon

I need a clear definition on this, i thought this was just for shotguns and it increased the amount of pellets sent from the shotgun every shot. Can someone explain how this would effect a rifle or pistol?

Edited by Zilacon

So how much do i need for it to be effective? 100% would make it 2 times right? So having 40% wouldnt help any would it?

The extra % adds up to 100 after several shots. So if you had a 25% multishot mod on a Braton, you'd shoot one bullet three times, and on the fourth shot, you shoot two, with the left over being pooled into the next 100%.

Multishot doesn't represent the chance of a bullet striking an enemy an additional time, but firing additional bullets altogether. The additional bullets fired are also affected by spread, which means the just made distinction is important.

Multishot doesn't currently have a cap, so stack it to the ceiling as high as you can.

Waste of ammo? @_@ Additional bullets fired from multishot mods don't consume ammo..,

Yea, that's one of the reasons it's so ridiculous. It's like an attack rate mod that doesn't increase ammo consumption and has twice the percentage cap at 100%, plus some other perks.

MS is very rare though. I once had one for a pistol. i sold it D: i rarely used the pistol and when i had MS on it it didnt seem to make a difference (due to me not using it often lol.) so i sold it.. worst mistake ever. 2 weeks later still no MS mod. but 2 shotgun 4.9 puncture mods though... Due to their rarity i say they dont need a nerf. Maybe a cap at 100% or 125% but Nuh-uh nothing else

MS is very rare though. I once had one for a pistol. i sold it D: i rarely used the pistol and when i had MS on it it didnt seem to make a difference (due to me not using it often lol.) so i sold it.. worst mistake ever. 2 weeks later still no MS mod. but 2 shotgun 4.9 puncture mods though... Due to their rarity i say they dont need a nerf. Maybe a cap at 100% or 125% but Nuh-uh nothing else

That is, in fact, exactly the nerf they need. Right now, there is no reason to use anything except Multishot mods (and maybe a puncture mod depending on your weap), because Multishots function as damage, rate of fire, clip size, and max ammo mods in one package. There needs to be a cap that limits how much multishot you can get, or a nerf to the values of multishot mods in general. Yes, they are rare...but they are completely game breaking once acquired.

Easily best mod in the game atm, pretty much having 70% mutlishot is like having 70% damage.

5gdkQNU.png

And then each extra bullet scales with damage/crit chance/crit damage/fire rate and everything else.

lol balance

Edited by Volume

I wouldn't say game breaking since you kind of need them for the higher level stuff. You couldnt just load a gun up with damage mods and expect it to be very effective at killing level 50 stuff.

The fact that it's not worth using anything else if you have them should tell you something. As it is, they don't just allow you kill high level enemies, but mow them down almost instantly. Wouldn't it be more interesting if there was a wide range of viable choices for mods in the endgame?

The fact that it's not worth using anything else if you have them should tell you something. As it is, they don't just allow you kill high level enemies, but mow them down almost instantly. Wouldn't it be more interesting if there was a wide range of viable choices for mods in the endgame?

This. I have a few critical damage and crit rate mods, and think to myself: "Oh cool! Maybe i'll be able to do something cool with these!"...and then I realize I have multishot mods, so why bother with something so completely inferior.