Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo: Change Rift-bound enemy VFX

Ramflare

Moving away from drastic reworks, simply, make it easier to tell if an enemy is in the rift or not.

I've found a few people besides myself find it anywhere from annoying to downright impossible in certain situations to tell if an enemy is in the rift, and I always see a couple of people standing next to enemies in the rift trying to melee them to death (obviously to no effect) A simple change would be to apply a sort of shadow effect.

I think this change alone would greatly improve team friendliness and be better at communicating: "You can't kill me at the moment"

FEyOkbF.jpg

Additional QOL change: Add an on screen prompt when a player is banished by limbo, so they know how to exit the rift - this was really annoying the first time it happened, I had to quit and check the wiki.

Edited by Droopsie

Agreed on the VFX needing an update. The bulk of the effect is only visible on the lower half of the model. People usually pay attention to the top half because it's...

1. The most distinguishable model part (game has very distinct headshapes, while legs are just legs)
  2. Where you're encouraged to aim for either torso shots (easy to hit) or headshots
  3. The only part sticking out of a mass of enemies

Having the VFX away from the most prominent and important part of the enemy design is just plain counter-intuitive. A VFX that affects the entire model (like a monochrome filter) or something along these lines would make it a lot more natural to look out for the rifted status of enemies.

Yes. Desaturate rift bound enemies, please. Make them gray scale so its easier to see that they ARE banished.

Most of the time, the only way I can tell if there's something banished that I lost track of is the timer under my banish ability is still ticking. So I go in the rift, spamming banish, hoping to kick something out that I can't see.