Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

the fps frames

Ravisuca20

So im running this game on a very good rig , i get most of the time 60 fps with no drops buuuut.... I encountured a issue when i im like 20 minutes in a survival with a lot of enemies. So lets take for example im playing bimbo and my ultimate is on the map , saryn is casting the hell out of her spores and nova is casting her ulti. At the moment of the explosion i get 1-2 fps drop everytime. I tried to lower the particles on my rig but is still happening. Any idea what should i do?

Try turning off anti aliasing, tone down shadow quality, and maybe the volumetric lighting, see if that helps

Also also, pro tip : if you want to drop your fps and crash your pc in the process faster, just go to the symulacrum, spawn 20 tomb guardians.

Edited by (PS4)watt4hem

Can you post your PC specs, ' very good rig' doesn't really explain a lot. I can run it fine with everything set to ultra/on except Motion blur and some colour settings at a comfortable 75fps which drops at a minimum of 60 when there far too many effects going on. i5 7300HQ, GTX1050 4GB, 8GB ram.

From my experience, shadows and lighting hit fps the hardest, AA should be fine if you have a decent GPU.

37 minutes ago, RayxAyanami said:

Can you post your PC specs, ' very good rig' doesn't really explain a lot. I can run it fine with everything set to ultra/on except Motion blur and some colour settings at a comfortable 75fps which drops at a minimum of 60 when there far too many effects going on. i5 7300HQ, GTX1050 4GB, 8GB ram.

From my experience, shadows and lighting hit fps the hardest, AA should be fine if you have a decent GPU.

i have a i5 3470 , a 3gb gpu , and 32 gb of ram 

"3gb gpu" leaves the most important part out, which card it actually is. 660Ti? 1060? 7950? r9 280x? That CPU is 5 generations behind the newest, so I wouldn't call it "very good" 😛 But I guess the definition of it varies from person to person. Your best bet is simply to lower the settings more, like others have suggested. Assuming the GPU is older like your CPU is, shadows, ambient occulsion, AA and the resolution itself likely have the biggest impact on your fps.

i5-6500, 1060 6GB (+135/435), 16GB DDR4 @ 1080p mix of med and high settings with blur and depth turned off (hurts my eyes) and my fps is pretty much stuck at 60. Ultra also runs fine, but wanted faster load times.

Ps. Why so much ram? Do you have, like 1500 chrome tabs open while gaming or something? 🙂

Edited by Vilmu

Physics and AI are pretty much CPU bound aspects of games. Since it's only dropping frames under circumstances that would call for a lot of both or just AI(I can't remember if the spores cause ragdolling or not) a dual core processor with no multithreading would likely cause frame dips. If you have the money, I'd say get a new mobo and CPU and ddr4 RAM if you get a 5xxx or newer Intel chip. If you can't afford all that, then I'd at least recommend upgrading to an i7 3700 or 3700k. It'll be the cheapest route but not the most future proof solution. If you're not comfortable with upgrading components, I'm sure any place that sells them would be happy to install the parts. Hopefully you can do this but if you can't or don't want to upgrade yet you can definitely lower the graphics settings for shadows.

Hopefully you can fix it without upgrading, if you need advice on parts PM me, I don't come on here often but I'll respond when I see it!

Keep having fun!

56 minutes ago, (XB1)TriggrdFeminis7 said:

Physics and AI are pretty much CPU bound aspects of games. Since it's only dropping frames under circumstances that would call for a lot of both or just AI(I can't remember if the spores cause ragdolling or not) a dual core processor with no multithreading would likely cause frame dips. If you have the money, I'd say get a new mobo and CPU and ddr4 RAM if you get a 5xxx or newer Intel chip. If you can't afford all that, then I'd at least recommend upgrading to an i7 3700 or 3700k. It'll be the cheapest route but not the most future proof solution. If you're not comfortable with upgrading components, I'm sure any place that sells them would be happy to install the parts. Hopefully you can do this but if you can't or don't want to upgrade yet you can definitely lower the graphics settings for shadows.

Hopefully you can fix it without upgrading, if you need advice on parts PM me, I don't come on here often but I'll respond when I see it!

Keep having fun!

I am upgrading This winter to a new high end CPU , Im thinking of Getting a 4 gb card Too , Thanks For the answers 🤗

2 hours ago, Vilmu said:

"3gb gpu" leaves the most important part out, which card it actually is. 660Ti? 1060? 7950? r9 280x? That CPU is 5 generations behind the newest, so I wouldn't call it "very good" 😛 But I guess the definition of it varies from person to person. Your best bet is simply to lower the settings more, like others have suggested. Assuming the GPU is older like your CPU is, shadows, ambient occulsion, AA and the resolution itself likely have the biggest impact on your fps.

i5-6500, 1060 6GB (+135/435), 16GB DDR4 @ 1080p mix of med and high settings with blur and depth turned off (hurts my eyes) and my fps is pretty much stuck at 60. Ultra also runs fine, but wanted faster load times.

Ps. Why so much ram? Do you have, like 1500 chrome tabs open while gaming or something? 🙂

Well i just bought It For No reason Tbh 

53 minutes ago, pghcyclist said:

Does warframe support multiple threads?  Most games don't.  IPC instructions per cycle and clock speeds matter more than core count. 

I don't know about Warframe specifically, but most modern titles benefit from having those 6 more available threads. Diminishing returns start to arise at the 6 core count CPUs unless you are live streaming the game too, but that's a whole other topic of discussion.

Bottom line is, while you are correct, OP would need an unlocked CPU to improve performance with an overclock. That's why I suggested that they upgraded to a quad core processor.

1 hour ago, Ravisuca20 said:

I am upgrading This winter to a new high end CPU , Im thinking of Getting a 4 gb card Too , Thanks For the answers 🤗

If you plan on upgrading it'd be cheaper in the long run to wait for cyber Monday deals on the parts in this list I've compiled. Feel free to adjust for things you don't need/already have like a case or you plan on just installing the hard drives from your current system to the new one.

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/spankymahmanky/saved/9Jnm8d

One of my PCs plays WF fine with a stock G3358, 8gb of DDR3 and a MSI Twin Frozr 7950, all SSD, 1000w psu and a 240mm AIO.

In fact, need to check but my lad says the old Q9550 system with a real old gpu plays wf.

Edited by SastusBulbas

On 2018-07-05 at 10:24 PM, SastusBulbas said:

One of my PCs plays WF fine with a stock G3358, 8gb of DDR3 and a MSI Twin Frozr 7950, all SSD, 1000w psu and a 240mm AIO.

In fact, need to check but my lad says the old Q9550 system with a real old gpu plays wf.

ok so it turns out i was using a wrong driver for my gpu.. *yes that was silly*. now im playing medium-high ( but with lower particles and shadows) everything else is on. I was running a newer windows 7 update , now im using a older driver that was automatically downloaded with amd autodetect. Now im getting 60-80 fps in liset with not one single fps drop in anything else

On 2018-07-05 at 8:48 PM, (XB1)TriggrdFeminis7 said:

Good luck with the upgrade!

thanks mate , i will still upgrade to a similar build that u gave me, im thinking the 8 cores ryzen or a i7 equivalent , the rest remains the same  because im moving out to the university town in my country where i bought real estate , it turned out i was using a wrong driver for my gpu... yeah i was silly , now im getting on medium-high settings a stable 60 fps , i only get laggy gameplay when it comes from the connectivity issues.