Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Where's the holiday colour pallet?

LupisV0lk

5 minutes ago, LupisV0lk said:

This time i hope it'll be civil unlike last time.

You're so naive :tongue:

DE should just re-release it as the Union Jack instead and have it be a celebration of Canada Day.

People who want the colours get the colours, and there's nothing political about the flag choice given the Union Jack is still a ceremonial flag in Canada.

Everyone wins.

It's already weird enought that they celebrated the US' most important day... but not the one of other countries, not even their own. 

I'm not saying they should have done these ig "celebrations" for Canada day instead (one less color on our flag anyway, whoo much choice). It just feels weird, imo, that the Independance Day is celebrated in many online games, but not other countries'. 

Feel free to throw rocks at me, but what's so special about the US' Independance Day? I'm not saying it's a bad thing to celebrate it, of course, but since I'm not american, why would I celebrate someone else's culture, and not mine?

Everybody or nobody. Prioritizing one country's national day isn't nice for the other countries and since DE is a canadian company afaik, it's almost irrationnal, imho. I wouldn't mind not having any ig national "celebration" than celebrating only one, even Canada's. 

1 hour ago, DeMonkey said:

You're so naive :tongue:

DE should just re-release it as the Union Jack instead and have it be a celebration of Canada Day.

People who want the colours get the colours, and there's nothing political about the flag choice given the Union Jack is still a ceremonial flag in Canada.

Everyone wins.

I'd win even more because my nation has the union jack in it. 

Just now, LupisV0lk said:

I'd win even more because my nation has the union jack in it. 

I think I have you topped by actually being British, but yeah. Afaik it's still used in some official capacity in all countries that are members of the commonwealth. That's far more "united" imo, and thematically fitting with Canada Day which is what they released it under in the first place IIRC.

We don't need the controversy.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)D4rk50ul-v2 said:

Disrespecting a flag that represents a people because of 1 guy in leadership is pretty immature. 

It's not even just that one guy in charge, there were plenty of comments from certain people in the previous thread that were just... off putting, shall we say?

Patriotism is fine, some take it to absurd and almost disgusting levels which prompts bitter responses from others. Hence OP asking for civility, which is certainly a reasonable request.

There's nothing wrong with wanting the palette to return.

1 minute ago, AzureTerra said:

Everyone would have won IF they had put it in the market for 1 Cred like every other seasonal packs

I don't really see why they haven't tbh.

My suggestion is only really based on the assumption that it hasn't been re-released due to controversy, which was suggested in the previous thread.

32 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

I think I have you topped by actually being British, but yeah. Afaik it's still used in some official capacity in all countries that are members of the commonwealth. That's far more "united" imo, and thematically fitting with Canada Day which is what they released it under in the first place IIRC.

Oh no, i'm from their extreme southern penal colony.

30 minutes ago, AzureTerra said:

Everyone would have won IF they had put it in the market for 1 Cred like every other seasonal packs

I'm honestly surprised that they didn't do that.

I do want to know DE's reasoning for not doing this and not releasing it.

Just now, RoninJed said:

Ok I asked in the last thread but didnt get a response so I will ask here. Didnt DE celebrate the Chinese new year with a platinum discount or something?

Perhaps in China? I honestly don't recall specifics, but I remember one Chinese New Year Chinaframe got some goodies that never saw the light of day over here on the global build, it's possible that the sale was over there as well.

I honestly don't recall many holiday plat sales tbh.

9 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Perhaps in China? I honestly don't recall specifics, but I remember one Chinese New Year Chinaframe got some goodies that never saw the light of day over here on the global build, it's possible that the sale was over there as well.

I honestly don't recall many holiday plat sales tbh.

Yeah they have...

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/1wirih/happy_chinese_year_20_off_platinum_for_ps4_players/

Just now, RoninJed said:

If you actually remembered and found this information... why ask?

And this, as you can see, is console specific. PC players don't get plat sales in the same way that Console players do due to fact that we get random ones via login in the same way you get coupons.