Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PS4 The Sacrifice: Update 23 (+Prime Vault & Hotfixes!)

The gpu particles read as disabled yet in function it is in reality on medium, you have to rechoose disable at the options whenever you restart the game to remove said particles. As mentioned before infested missions still causes massive framerate drops since the last update. It is bad enough that sortie defense targets get killed or badly damaged while the lag is acting. We also take damage and more than once the drop was so bad that I can't fire or attack because during those drops the game doesn't recognize the controller's commands, and I was using automatic weapons and others with a held trigger type.

On 2018-07-05 at 10:33 AM, [DE]Danielle said:

Fixed broken Zephyr movement animations after casting Tail Wind and then Turbulence or Tornado while moving.

So, what exactly does this mean? The patch before made it to where you could keep sprinting while activating Turbulence. Was that a mistake that this patch fixed? I really enjoyed being able to keep sprinting and activate Turbulence with the Jet Steam augment. Really kept from loosing a lot of ground on others while racing through levels. I was playing today and noticed I went stationary again when casting Turbulence, which brought me to writing this post. Please reenact movement while casting Turbulence... Please 🙏🙏

Well where do I start... let's get the well deserved praise out of the way...

Loving (almost) everything about the sacrifice and associated updates. The quest, fantastic (albeit brutal with the Mote amp). Exalted weapons, loving it (though I had wished for polarized stance slots to ease the formas a little). Umm what else... I don't mind the look of the themes, they look quite nice... I worry about colourblind people... I hope they're able to find settings applicable to them.

Right, now onto the reoccurring and disappointing UI degradation. I feel you've taken yet another step in the wrong direction. The whole cursor concept is horrible on consoles, but I won't keep beating that dead horse.

The 'minimalist' approach to the UI is not helpful at all. Looks great, but I'm finding it quite poor in practice. For example, scrolling through Inventory (or Prime pieces) to sell, there's no names/txt?! How on earth is that helpful?! I can't put into words how frustrating that is... just constantly scrolling all over. Painful, very painful.

Many other screens have also gone backwards, but I see you're trying to rectify this (e.g. appearance windows) so I won't mention everything... but you can pretty safely assume that every screen/window has gone backwards in ease-of-use, and increased in bugs.

The other big new gripe is having to cycle over squad members to see their loadout... again, you're minimalist approach has significantly reduced the information provided to the player. Given the number of requests for increases of in-game information, this is a step backwards.

Increasing the cursor speed is not a solution. That only results in overshooting the desired (minisclue) option/button.

And the biggest reoccurring issue is when the buttons bugout and attempting to select the desired option using the cursor and pressing X does nothing... the arsenal is my most hated UI now. Navigation is a close second, and chat is not far behind. My three most important interfaces, I feel it's destroying the ease of acces to this wonderful game.

Attempting to change loadouts goes like this:

Open arsenal, open frame. Move cursor over loadout options, press L1/R1... nothing. Move cursor over specific loadout, press X... nothing. Backout and try again... nothing. Relog, try again... relog, try again...

I was desperate for any sort of acknowledgement from Tennocon, but nothing. I've probably missed more than 1 devstream, so please forgive me if I'm mistaken... but I desperately feel like this situation is all but being ignored. Please help!?

I am sure that this is a bug and not a feature, but when I select a squad option or solo, when I click on a option the cursor then moves the navigation map from wherever it is even if a planet is selected to a blank space in the chart under where the squad options is located, please fix this.

On 2018-07-11 at 1:25 PM, (PS4)iuvenilis said:

Well where do I start... let's get the well deserved praise out of the way...

Loving (almost) everything about the sacrifice and associated updates. The quest, fantastic (albeit brutal with the Mote amp). Exalted weapons, loving it (though I had wished for polarized stance slots to ease the formas a little). Umm what else... I don't mind the look of the themes, they look quite nice... I worry about colourblind people... I hope they're able to find settings applicable to them.

Right, now onto the reoccurring and disappointing UI degradation. I feel you've taken yet another step in the wrong direction. The whole cursor concept is horrible on consoles, but I won't keep beating that dead horse.

The 'minimalist' approach to the UI is not helpful at all. Looks great, but I'm finding it quite poor in practice. For example, scrolling through Inventory (or Prime pieces) to sell, there's no names/txt?! How on earth is that helpful?! I can't put into words how frustrating that is... just constantly scrolling all over. Painful, very painful.

Many other screens have also gone backwards, but I see you're trying to rectify this (e.g. appearance windows) so I won't mention everything... but you can pretty safely assume that every screen/window has gone backwards in ease-of-use, and increased in bugs.

The other big new gripe is having to cycle over squad members to see their loadout... again, you're minimalist approach has significantly reduced the information provided to the player. Given the number of requests for increases of in-game information, this is a step backwards.

Increasing the cursor speed is not a solution. That only results in overshooting the desired (minisclue) option/button.

And the biggest reoccurring issue is when the buttons bugout and attempting to select the desired option using the cursor and pressing X does nothing... the arsenal is my most hated UI now. Navigation is a close second, and chat is not far behind. My three most important interfaces, I feel it's destroying the ease of acces to this wonderful game.

Attempting to change loadouts goes like this:

Open arsenal, open frame. Move cursor over loadout options, press L1/R1... nothing. Move cursor over specific loadout, press X... nothing. Backout and try again... nothing. Relog, try again... relog, try again...

I was desperate for any sort of acknowledgement from Tennocon, but nothing. I've probably missed more than 1 devstream, so please forgive me if I'm mistaken... but I desperately feel like this situation is all but being ignored. Please help!?

Go to your options for text in your inventory you need to select it to be on.

to add to your post the remove all mods being triangle is really annoying seeing that it’s been triangle to remove one all these years I’ve accidentally removed entire builds so many times.

Similar to a previous post, first of all:  Props. The Sacrifice Quest was excellent and very well done (looking forward to re-playing it at some point) and the upcoming expansions announced at TennoCon look awe-some.

Feedback on the current UI situation:

• Cursor: For those of us who only use a controller to play games on console, the Cursor remains cumbersome and, therefore, frustrating. If there is not a way to permit us to turn the cursor off, please optimize it to quickly, automatically and consistently travel to the top of a menu and/or to snap to nodes correctly (currently the hit-box on selecting planets/nodes is off--way off).
  • Cursor:  Also, if we're not permitted to turn off the Cursor, please let us customize its size. It is currently way too big.
  • Font:  The font size for the text overlay in the Inventory and the Sell menus/etc. is much too small. For Accessibility purposes, the text size should be customizable (and/or just plain larger by default).
  • Shortcuts: Please stop removing shortcuts and reinstate the ones you have removed. Shortcuts help optimize the controller/console experience.
  • Shortcuts: Please stop changing shortcuts. When you've trained your community to use a particular shortcut to accomplish something, you do not introduce an update that changes the button used to something else. That's bad form.
  • Non-Working/Buggy Shortcuts: Sometimes the R1/L1 shortcuts don't work. Other times they do. Please correct this.
  • D-Pad: Please re-optimize its use. You've brought back some of its functionality, the rest needs to return as well. (Having to use both the D-Pad and a joystick to scroll through inventory is not ideal. Scrolling using just the D-Pad is faster. Please bring it back.)
  • Squad Information: Please ASAP return the ability to press 'Options' to instantly see who is in your Squad and what they are running. There is rarely time in mission to have to hover over each Squadmates' icon (making use of the cumbersome cursor to do so).
  • Shortcut to Change from Public/Friends/etc.:  Please reinstate the shortcut to quickly change this mode.
  • Mission Loadouts from Starchart: Please ASAP return the hover information about our individual loadouts. With so many weapons and frames to level/love, we cannot be expected to instantly recall which loadout has which weapon/etc.
  • Arsenal: Remove All Mods: Please add a confirmation dialogue to the "Remove All" function. Many a build has been lost due to the introduction of this. Although it is ultimately nice to have, the way it is currently implemented is causing players to lose their builds.
  • Arsenal: Installing Mods: We used to be able to click on the spot you want to place a mod and then travel to the mod in your collection and click on it, and the mod would automatically install in the spot that you had previously clicked. This was faster and user-friendly. Please return this function.

That's all I can think of at the moment. Will also post in Feedback forum.

Thank you.

HOLY S#&$ GUYS. 

THE PS4 SERVERS ARE ASS LATELY, EVER SINCE THE CHAT HOTFIX. WTF HAPPENED??? IT’S NOT HAPPENING FOR EVERYONE, BUT I’VE HAD REPLIES FROM RANDOMS ON TWITTER WHO ARE DEALING WITH THIS ALSO. 

CAN YOU PLEASE LOOK INTO IT, I CANNOT PROGRESS WHATSOEVER BECAUSE EVERYTIME I EXTRACT ALL MY PROGRESS DOESN’T GET UPDATED TO MY ACCOUNT, OR HOWEVER YOU WANNA WORD IT, AS USUAL.

I’M FREAKING TF OUT. 

FIX.

IT.

PLEASE.

I LOVE THIS GAME TOO MUCH TO STOP NOW.

• Drop-down menu in the upper-left will sometimes open; when it does, this will interfere with other open windows, preventing X from registering for things like confirming a mission.
  • Pressing square in your Orbiter immediately after a match may log you into Navigation and select a mission, dragging your entire team into vote selection.
    • On that note, might I suggest immediate post-match auto-disconnect as an option?

Also, this might not be a major issue, but has anyone noticed that the Buzlok's primary fire is full-auto, but the item card (as of 15-JUL-18) says semi for both modes?

Sanctualy Onslaught is Unplayble, i make 9 Rounds in the Elite and than, 1 player leave the Game and i get returned too the Ship and lose al my progress, this is not Fun anymore.

An the Framerate get lost in the Woods, now i stop playing the Game till everything get fixed. 

I Hope this post can been seen by the powerful ones. PLEASE, please can you make a  setting setting to lock the randomize button. It's way too easy to hit while you are quickly navigating in the Arsenal, And for such a quick click, it's fatal. I dont know if this is the same on other platforms but that TRIANGLE button on Ps4  is hellish. I know on a facebook discussion that I brought up, many people suffer from this. The SAME could also be said for the mod menu, Now that you must click and drag feature is live , the likelihood of hitting REMOVE ALL with the triangle is problematic.

PLEASE like this idea and see if that would boost the chance of having such a lock request to reaches DE eyes.

Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this but when using Umbra Excalibur and going from operator mode back to excal, sometimes the game just teleports me to a different area of the map or falling through the map. I’ve only had it happen with Umbra. Once got stuck under some stairs that were impossible to out from. The unstuck command did not work. 

Also I’ve had host migrations take me from a defense on Hydron to an extermination in the void. Not sure what that’s all about. 

13 hours ago, (PS4)Immortal_2345 said:

Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this but when using Umbra Excalibur and going from operator mode back to excal, sometimes the game just teleports me to a different area of the map or falling through the map. I’ve only had it happen with Umbra. Once got stuck under some stairs that were impossible to out from. The unstuck command did not work. 

Also I’ve had host migrations take me from a defense on Hydron to an extermination in the void. Not sure what that’s all about. 

I saved a great video of Umbra falling down into the plains, and then I ascended to the heavens above where i floated while trying every conceivable menu and action. Itwas game breaking, if the eidelon was defeated, I wouldnt be able to collect the drops so I finally quit. Only w umbro has that happened.

• If you return to your Orbiter after a mission, pressing square next to the navigation console will dive into navigation and auto-launch a random mission.
  • If you are moving forward while people join in, the game will lag -- when it resumes, you may not be facing in the direction that you were moving.

Also, icons in inventory may not match up. I've only noticed Banshee's Reverb Helmet and the Reverb Helmet blueprint -- the bp's icon is fine, but the finished product shows Banshee's basic helmet. (I have a screenshot of this.)

I tested this with a few secondaries,the perla pistol skin is bugging with pistols. Most glaring with the histrix and the pandero. The magazine of the skin gets positioned where the magazine of the secondary is and stays there. Before one of the recent updates this didn't occur.

I also experienced the umbra return bug where you get teleported to some other location or gets the fall from map teleport.

The onslaught host migration mentioned above also happened with me more than once and I also lost rewards from defense missions when the host leaves the mission and I remain in the mission, so I lose the reward of the rotation where the migration happened.

Archived