Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

XB1 Stuck On Login Screen Post U23 Update

(XBOX)ssppiikkeeyy

2 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

My Xbox Tenno,

Apologies for the response delay on this issue. We have been on the butt of this problem everyday and are still trying to reproduce it successfully to find a fix. 

As we continue to investigate this head-scratching issue, a suggested potential fix is to completely reinstall Warframe on your Xbox. The best steps are:

1. Delete your Saved Data from Warframe
  2. Uninstall Warframe
  3. Hard restart your Xbox (hold down the power button until it shuts off)
  4. Reinstall Warframe
  5. Launch Warframe from the ‘My games and apps’ App

We understand this is a long process of reinstalling Warframe, but it has a high chance of fixing what we believe to be bad data potentially causing login/freezing/crashing issues.

If the reinstall works, please let us know here!

Thank you for your patience with us.

You have my word. 

The process

1: Started stuck on 2nd screen, the Warframe logo.

2: Uninstalled and Reinstalled.

3: Couldn't launch period, but the thumbnail changed from khora to umbra.

4: Currently uninstalling and reinstalling again...

5: ???

So after 4 days of reinstalling warframe it still doesnt work im still stuck on checking for updates but im noticing that its not saying its done installing its on 100% but the file saize is still going up so im wondering if the xbox update released at the same time maybe broke something wouldnt be the first time something like this has happened

Edited by (XB1)Rogerl187

56 minutes ago, (XB1)Rogerl187 said:

So after 4 days of reinstalling warframe it still doesnt work im still stuck on checking for updates but im noticing that its not saying its done installing its on 100% but the file saize is still going up so im wondering if the xbox update released at the same time maybe broke something wouldnt be the first time something like this has happened

so update it still doesnt work 

I've had this problem for literally a few weeks now and no one has helped me yet. I'm not sure if the problem will be fixed at this point. I'd love to play the game because I truly enjoy it but I don't think I'll be able to play again any time soon

On 2018-07-10 at 4:16 AM, (XB1)NBA Frost said:

Ok at first I thought it was my account so I deleted my saved data hard reseted my Xbox even uninstalled my game and reinstalled so I logged said server down tryin again later so can someone please tell me what’s going on and it keeps saying network problem but yet all of my other games I play online run smoothly or I have best connection.

Ok. The best chance you have is to

1. Uninstall Warframe.

2. Connect to the internet with an Ethernet Cable. NOT WIFI.

3. Go to XBox Marketplace. Install Warframe from there.

4. Once you see the download has started, close the marketplace. Sign out of your profile.

5. Set the controller down and leave the machine alone. Do Not watch Youtube, play other games etc. 

6. When the download is complete. And it's in "recently installed" Hold down your power button and reset the machine. Turn back on and Launch Warframe. 

The download is the only thing that needs to be running. 

This is what worked for me. The reason I said, no other apps running, is because I was playing other games and watching YouTube while Warframe was downloading the first time and it still froze at the checking for updates at 0%.

I believe the Warframe download being the only thing pulling data is the key to it working.

As a side note: At 49% the download will say Warframe Ready To Start. Don't click it. Wait until the download is 100% done. 

If WIFI is your only option, Do the same steps and don't have anything else running except for the download. 

I don't know if this is a 100% garrentee, but I felt that, the Warframe instillation being the only thing pulling data would be the best chance at it being a successful download. And this is what worked for me. 

I hope this process works for you. 

Edited by (XB1)HinataRulezz

20 hours ago, (XB1)HinataRulezz said:

Ok. The best chance you have is to

1. Uninstall Warframe.

2. Connect to the internet with an Ethernet Cable. NOT WIFI.

3. Go to XBox Marketplace. Install Warframe from there.

4. Once you see the download has started, close the marketplace. Sign out of your profile.

5. Set the controller down and leave the machine alone. Do Not watch Youtube, play other games etc. 

6. When the download is complete. And it's in "recently installed" Hold down your power button and reset the machine. Turn back on and Launch Warframe. 

The download is the only thing that needs to be running. 

This is what worked for me. The reason I said, no other apps running, is because I was playing other games and watching YouTube while Warframe was downloading the first time and it still froze at the checking for updates at 0%.

I believe the Warframe download being the only thing pulling data is the key to it working.

As a side note: At 49% the download will say Warframe Ready To Start. Don't click it. Wait until the download is 100% done. 

If WIFI is your only option, Do the same steps and don't have anything else running except for the download. 

I don't know if this is a 100% garrentee, but I felt that, the Warframe instillation being the only thing pulling data would be the best chance at it being a successful download. And this is what worked for me. 

I hope this process works for you. 

Thank you for sharing your solution. I made sure to follow every step but I STILL can't login to Warframe. This is my third time uninstalling and reinstalling the game. I don't know what else to do.

3 hours ago, (XB1)Dr Do it 2 em said:

Thank you for sharing your solution. I made sure to follow every step but I STILL can't login to Warframe. This is my third time uninstalling and reinstalling the game. I don't know what else to do.

I am sorry this option didn't work for you. I really hope you find a solution to your login issues. 

I had this happen to me late 2017. Just came across the bug again today. Going to try all the solutions listed.

Edit: So instead of moving my external save to my internal I decided to copy it and I saw that my internal save has 40.3 GB were my external has 44.3 GB. I’m not sure if it has anything to do with how internal/external hard drives work but I felt I should share it anyway. 

https://imgur.com/a/aJr3EBL

Edit 2: I can confirm that moving your Warframe save from your external hard drive to your internal hard drive fixes the issue.

Edit 3: This was a temporary fix. I managed to play for about 2 hours before I got this bug again. Once more I got that extra 4GB in my internal drive that was previously on my external hard drive. I did manage to get the bug on video. I’ll post a link here soon.

Video of login bug.

So from what I was able to gather there’s an extra 4 GB that could be corrupting the games data. The pop up that tells you Warframe needs an update seems to be the culprit. Once you quit to the Warframes main menu you’ll be prevented from logging in.

I hope this helps.

Edit 4: scrap that bit about the 4GB. It doesn’t have anything to do with the bug.

Edited by (XB1)ThatAlaskanDude

I spent almost 10 days worth trying to get Warframe to actually work on my xbox. Delete then redownload the whole game just being stopped again in the loading screen but the third time it get me into my ship and just as I was about to do anything it stops dead flat. Only thing I can do is walk around and pet my dog without crashing at first but trying to open the map for a mission and it crashed, crafting table? Crashed. Pause menu? Crashed and etc.                    To add all my items for decorations seem to disappear and with the game crashing, I just thought it was too much to load in. Didn't really want to make this too long but if I am the only one with this problem hopefully next update will fix it. 

I can't connect neither... says "Login Failed. Check your info.", what can i do... ?

Eureka, i tried and i enter without problem... don't know what happened, but i just hope it doesn't happen again... !

PD: Forgive my english...

Edited by (PS4)MaximumVegetto

Installing Warframe without launching the game at or passed 'Ready to Start' point worked for me, and now I'm able to play Warframe and the Sacrifice Quest.

Also playing other games and apps while installing it didn't affect it either. 

Before all this, I had previously tried all the ideas in order fix it, (Basically I followed the steps in a weird order)

As soon as the installation finished, I just launched it.

Thanks Hinata

Edited by (XB1)aKalibur