Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

(PS4)guzmantt1977

Mastery rank tests no longer require 24 hr cool down?

Recommended Posts

I was MR10 for a long time. I believe I had enough points to put me between MR13 & MR14 before I attempted MR11 a couple of days ago. 

Today after the sacrifice update installed, I did the MR12 test and decided to practice to see how the MR13 test would be immediately after. It's offering me the option to qualify. (Just double checked and it's still being offered.) 

I noticed that the MR indicator had not been flashing after the update. It still isn't. 

I haven't attempted to bypass the 24 hour cool down on the MR13 test and skip ahead. I checked the forum post with the build notes and didn't see any sign that the cool down was removed. The wiki page suggests that it is still in force. It's possible that I completed the test before midnight EST and checked MR13 after, but I wasn't checking a clock so I don't know if that's the case. 

 

Can anyone tell me if this is an intended thing, or just a bug please? I don't want to run afoul of the rules and am not trying to exploit the apparent glitch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Waited until after midnight to complete the test. Couldn't check whether the issue persisted into the next rank, as I have a few dozen thousand points to accumulate before I can qualify. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2018-07-06 at 12:26 AM, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

I was MR10 for a long time. I believe I had enough points to put me between MR13 & MR14 before I attempted MR11 a couple of days ago. 

Today after the sacrifice update installed, I did the MR12 test and decided to practice to see how the MR13 test would be immediately after. It's offering me the option to qualify. (Just double checked and it's still being offered.) 

I noticed that the MR indicator had not been flashing after the update. It still isn't. 

I haven't attempted to bypass the 24 hour cool down on the MR13 test and skip ahead. I checked the forum post with the build notes and didn't see any sign that the cool down was removed. The wiki page suggests that it is still in force. It's possible that I completed the test before midnight EST and checked MR13 after, but I wasn't checking a clock so I don't know if that's the case. 

 

Can anyone tell me if this is an intended thing, or just a bug please? I don't want to run afoul of the rules and am not trying to exploit the apparent glitch. 

It's a 24 hour cooldown, so doing the test before Midnight and then trying the next one would not bypass the 24 hours.

Also, the cooldown doesn't display until you actually attempt the test.  So, you could hit the qualify button, accept that you will test for the next rank, then see the cooldown timer telling you that you must wait.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, (XB1)R3d P01nt said:

It's a 24 hour cooldown, so doing the test before Midnight and then trying the next one would not bypass the 24 hours.

Also, the cooldown doesn't display until you actually attempt the test.  So, you could hit the qualify button, accept that you will test for the next rank, then see the cooldown timer telling you that you must wait.

I'll take your word for it. After all the hot fixes and updates I really didn't want to accidentally exploit anything and totally avoided the qualify button, as the visual cue that used to prompt me to attempt mastery wasn't showing up at all as far as I could tell even before I did the MR 11 test. I've run out of accumulated points (jumped from 10-13) and have a few more things to level before I can do the next test, so I figure I'll be limited from now on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

I'll take your word for it. After all the hot fixes and updates I really didn't want to accidentally exploit anything and totally avoided the qualify button, as the visual cue that used to prompt me to attempt mastery wasn't showing up at all as far as I could tell even before I did the MR 11 test. I've run out of accumulated points (jumped from 10-13) and have a few more things to level before I can do the next test, so I figure I'll be limited from now on. 

I only know that because of a video that someone posted here in the bugs section a couple days ago.  At least, that's how it was working for them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...