The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

tennocon DIGITAL PACK sold out

bio007hunter

Yeah, the tickets are sold through EventBrite, so they have to have a deadline for when you can book your Ticket (even for a digital event) that's a certain distance ahead of the event. Otherwise EventBrite can't process your purchase, pay your money through, send you your notifications, contact the event producers (DE) for your rewards and confirmation... all that kind of stuff that goes on behind the scenes.

So the Digital Pack, which begins its access today (Friday) with the Tennocon Relay opening for the weekend, had to expire on the 3rd for all the tickets to get processed and for all the people to be granted access in to the Relay when it appears.

The term 'sold out' is only because it's the terminology that EventBrite uses.

Sorry my friend, your chance to buy your Digital Pack expired. You only had three months to do it before now... so I can understand why you're upset.

7 hours ago, Thaylien said:

Sorry my friend, your chance to buy your Digital Pack expired. You only had three months to do it before now... so I can understand why you're upset.

Nah, man... not cool.. I play for 2 month now. Everyone was speaking about Baro Kiteer coming to a tennocon relay but noone said that this package and the relay were connected and the points listed were of no importance to me cause I have not been far enough into the game to fall in love with that marsian dude  😛 

I wanted to buy it the day after it closed when I realised taht I needed the key inside. Well... pretty sad. I see the argument bout the things not beeing connected to the digital things... but the digital packages could still be sold. 😕

Edited by Scythwolf

11 hours ago, Scythwolf said:

Nah, man... not cool.. I play for 2 month now. Everyone was speaking about Baro Kiteer coming to a tennocon relay but noone said that this package and the relay were connected

So, you heard the phrase 'Tennocon Relay' and didn't put together that it was part of Tennocon? And you didn't hear anything about the Tennocon Relay being available to people who bought the digital packs?

Apologies, because I'm curious, not trying to annoy you, but how did you not put these connections together? Not one conversation I've had about the Tennocon Relay has been finished without somebody saying something like 'I hate that I have to buy a ticket to get in' or 'I've got everything I want, it's not worth the money for the ticket'.

6 hours ago, Thaylien said:

'Tennocon Relay'

Dunno but if I was new and heard tennoconrelay I would suggest it's just event relay that opens once a year or smth. I mean I'm completely okay with warframe monetisation but I won't expect that you need to buy something online to get into the event ingame. 

Knew nothing about it...just know there is a tennocon and that is  that, and cant afford to fly there...and would get a ticket for the relay if there was none of this stupidity of "being sold out"..

The 3rd of July I was in hospital 

This is depressing.

Edited by Cosmic_Elf

You’re not alone. I knew nothing about it either. Was just playing and got the message Baro is here. Tried to go and couldn’t. Noticed it was a tennocon relay. 

Started googling, figured out you needed a digital ticket, no prob, I don’t mind spending a lil $ on a good game. Went to buy

sold out

Edited by (PS4)Visegrip117

I just realized i lost this oportunity.. maybe if im still playing this game on next year i dont miss it.. Poor explanation from DE just like the entire game... not noob friendly at all..

Edited by brunohxcx

21 minutes ago, Greasy_Mullet said:

Selling this event was lame.  It should have been open and free to everyone to enjoy.  I'm a new player myself and this event has left a bad taste in my mouth.  Huge missed opportunity by DE IMO.

DE is a pretty good group. I’ve always praised them about not being pay2win. Nearly all pay stuff was also available in game, or just cosmetic.

This having to buy a ticket to go to an “event” in game is new to me. And I think it’s kinda crappy.  Though to be fair, I’ve read this also happened last year. 

In the same boat here. Did not realize i had to buy a digital ticket to get a digital key to go see the void trader this week.  i thought it was just a fun little special event they were having. 

Sad part is, in the 2 months ive been back ive actually enjoyed the game so much that i spent about 80$ on different packs from steam.  Sure would have been nice if there was some kind of in game notice that made it a little more obvious you HAD to buy the pack to get access. 

6 hours ago, Maud. said:

Dunno but if I was new and heard tennoconrelay I would suggest it's just event relay that opens once a year or smth. I mean I'm completely okay with warframe monetisation but I won't expect that you need to buy something online to get into the event ingame. 

Ahh, you're misunderstanding ^^

The Tennocon Relay doesn't offer anything new. It's a once-a-year bonus for buying the digital access pack, you don't buy access to the Relay, it's part of the pack. And all it does is allow Baro Ki'Teer to sell an inventory of every item he's ever brought all at once.

All of these items will be available again, nothing is gone, but they just won't be available from every time he arrives.

So don't worry about having missed it, you don't have to buy the Digital Access to get the things that are available at the Tennocon Relay ^^

28 minutes ago, Thaylien said:

Ahh, you're misunderstanding ^^

The Tennocon Relay doesn't offer anything new. It's a once-a-year bonus for buying the digital access pack, you don't buy access to the Relay, it's part of the pack. And all it does is allow Baro Ki'Teer to sell an inventory of every item he's ever brought all at once.

All of these items will be available again, nothing is gone, but they just won't be available from every time he arrives.

So don't worry about having missed it, you don't have to buy the Digital Access to get the things that are available at the Tennocon Relay ^^

Sorry but it's you who is misunderstanding what they said. Having to wait possibly several months to have a chance to buy most of this again is not consoling. Especially when most of us in this thread now have to see that he's there, and not even have the ability to pay to go buy from him. 

Us: Please take my money DE!!!!
DE: No thank you. Don't worry though, you can wait an indefinite amount of time to get the items you can't get today, or tomorrow, or the next day. Feel free to buy some platinum anyways!

This entire thing is silly. Baro should have been available for everyone. At very least, we should still be able to purchase access. There's no realistic rationale for the way it's set up.

9 minutes ago, Inventive_Exile said:

Sorry but it's you who is misunderstanding what they said. Having to wait possibly several months to have a chance to buy most of this again is not consoling. Especially when most of us in this thread now have to see that he's there, and not even have the ability to pay to go buy from him. 

Us: Please take my money DE!!!!
DE: No thank you. Don't worry though, you can wait an indefinite amount of time to get the items you can't get today, or tomorrow, or the next day. Feel free to buy some platinum anyways!

This entire thing is silly. Baro should have been available for everyone. At very least, we should still be able to purchase access. There's no realistic rationale for the way it's set up.

You can always just buy it from someone. Deal with it, DE could simply not offer it and you wouldn't be any better off.

29 minutes ago, Godin_The_Killer said:

DE could simply not offer it and you wouldn't be any better off.

They could do that in a million different ways that would be better than current situation. And companies supposed to make money so better distribution => more money for them. I personally already got pretty much everything I need right now but that doesn't change that DE could do a better job with this relay stuff. Like create time-limited *support the tennocon pack*  and sell it directly in the market or directly from their site. Maybe without some event exclusive stuff but at least sell it.

The current situation is fine. They've advertised the digital ticket for the past 3 months it's been available. If you didn't see it or get the ticket in time, that's a you issue, not an issue with DE.

10 hours ago, Inventive_Exile said:

Okay, let me run through this;

Baro is not what you're buying access to. His Tennocon Relay is only part of the reward for buying the Digital Access Pack, which contains things like the Armour Set, Glyph, Sigil, Display for your ship, and base Platinum to the value of the Ticket's cost. What you're actually buying with the pack is the cosmetics and platinum and the relay is a bonus.

The reason it's set up like this is because the rewards have to be processed before the event. If they don't have the 3-4 days before Tennocon to actually process all your purchases, there's a risk that you don't get them, and no guarantee that your account will actually be granted access.

Selling the tickets through EventBrite allows them to donate part of each ticket sale to charity and also organise a physical event, the actual convention.

Also, what staff is going to be on hand to process the hundreds of thousands of requests for access to the Relay during the run up to the event? They're all going to be at the event making sure the demo gameplay comes off.

There are multiple, layered and completely valid reasons that it is set up this way. And, because they did advertise this, quite heavily actually, it's purely bad luck that you didn't get that it was a pack you had to buy, rather than something that was just available to everyone.

One of the key things to wrap your head around, when you look at a game function like Baro, in which you say 'wait an indefinite amount of time' is this: You cannot 'complete' Warframe in a short space of time. I was playing for four years before I got all the Melee weapons because I didn't pick up the Dark Dagger when I could during the first two years of active several-hours-per-day play and then after that, for some reason, I never, ever saw an Alert for the Dark Dagger pop up while I was playing. Strange, but true.

There are systems that you, as a new player, probably won't have fully seen yet, that take months to finish, and rewards you literally cannot get until you've logged in on 600 to 900 separate days (logging in twice on the same day doesn't count).

Your wait for Baro and his stock is literally the least of your worries here. Warframe is the long-haul, and in that long-haul are many things that are equivalent to or replacements for what he sells.

I bought a ticket and didn't receive an email with the code to the digital pack back in April.  That is the only reason that i spent the $37.00 on it.  I fear that I will not have this issue resolved in time for me to use the Tennocon Relay.  I received the digital copy of my ticket and a bunch of information on the event.  But, sadly not the code that I did all of this for.

I wonder if most of the people who are upset, realise the prices for Baro's goods includes ducats as well as credits and that a lot of the people who bought the tickets, have been saving those up for some time?

I thought about getting a ticket but I realised that I don't have enough ducats, and credits to really make it worth my while. I'm guessing that there are at least a few players with tickets who've been grinding fissure missions and making high risk index runs for most of the weekend and still only got a handful of parts.