Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

XB1 The Sacrifice Quest Freezes/Crashes

(XBOX)Beard man8

On 2018-07-11 at 11:35 AM, [DE]Megan said:

My Xbox Tenno,

Apologies for the response delay on this issue. We have been on the butt of this problem everyday and are still trying to reproduce it successfully to find a fix. 

As we continue to investigate this head-scratching issue, a suggested potential fix is to completely reinstall Warframe on your Xbox. The best steps are:

1. Delete your Saved Data from Warframe
  2. Uninstall Warframe
  3. Hard restart your Xbox (hold down the power button until it shuts off)
  4. Reinstall Warframe
  5. Launch Warframe from the ‘My games and apps’ App

We understand this is a long process of reinstalling Warframe, but it has a high chance of fixing what we believe to be bad data potentially causing login/freezing/crashing issues.

If the reinstall works, please let us know here!

Thank you for your patience with us.

I've talked to Microsoft personally about several connection errors I've had since beginning to play Warframe. Holding the XBox button does not have to be done anymore! When you go to settings and choose restart Microsoft has made it so the console automatically resets, a "Hard Restart" has not been needed for well over a year now.

As for the rest of your advice, it is suspect at best. I did delete All saved cache, for Warframe and all games currently installed. I did uninstall Warframe and reinstall it twice. After the hot-fix that finally let me play the stupid board game my game failed to allow me to do any damage to Umbra, therefore I could not stun him with thee appropriate void attack to trigger transference. Each time I had to uninstall the game, reinstall before I was allowed to move forward. After finally getting Umbra, I had extreme difficulty logging in the next day. I lost track of the number of attempts. I did eventually get log on, took my daily tribute and said "F" this.

Ever since the recent update that came AFTER the sacrifice I'm having issues when I go to navigation and try to load the star chart. I get the message "failed to create session" constantly. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but the issue is still prevalent. Also I'm "unable to deliver invites" and when attempting to open a trade with another player the game becomes very laggy and usually cancels the trade. It's a bummer to make a good deal in trade chat and then it doesn't go through because of this issue but more importantly I just want to play the game which is otherwise amazing. Please help. 

GT: KilluminatiZero 

Here's a play by play of my issue and what  DID work to fix my problem on X box. On the 25th i was playing with no issues. Then i got a message to re-log to receive an update. After logging out and getting the update,  i couldn't log back in. Checked the forums, moved the game from external hard drive to internal.  Still didn't work. Then uninstalled both the game and the saved data. Using wifi, started reinstalling the game and simply shut off my Xbox. This morning after another small update everything was fine.  Warframe is working

GUESS WHAT? THERE'S STILL ISSUES WITH THE SACRIFICE QUEST!!!!!

I get to "confront ballas" with no issues. Once I start that mission and get to the part where I'm supposed to "defeat the sentients" my game freezes and does not unfreeze. I Uninstalled and reinstalled. I hard reset. Cleared cached data. STILL NOT WORKING. I CAN'T EVEN GET INTO THE GAME NOW!! AND I PUT A LOT OF MONEY INTO IT!!

Like wtf DE? This has been like a month long issue and it's still an issue. So is the "failed to create session" I get over and over again. All started happening after the updates.

I am unable to start the sacrifice quest, interacting with the lotus's helmet causes the screen to go black and the game to freeze. I am still able to hear my fish tank and Kavat in the background. There is numerous other bugs I've ran into constantly since the sacrifice update locking me out of about 50% of the games content not counting the frequent crashes.

I have tried swaping my load out  and gear, hardresetting, clearing my cache, and reinstalling the game... With poor results clearing my cache and reinstalling seems to have just made the bugs worse not better. 😟

just installed the update and tried playing the quest but when i get to the black and gold part after u transfer into umbra and meet him under the tree the audio shuts off completely and i just get the subtitles of the scene where u kneel b4 him and then everything freezes after i make a choice, when is this month long bug gonna be fixed?

On 2018-07-31 at 5:43 PM, (XB1)ExDrone said:

just installed the update and tried playing the quest but when i get to the black and gold part after u transfer into umbra and meet him under the tree the audio shuts off completely and i just get the subtitles of the scene where u kneel b4 him and then everything freezes after i make a choice, when is this month long bug gonna be fixed?

This exact thing is happening to me, too.  Did you ever get it working?

On 2018-07-06 at 11:01 AM, [DE]Megan said:

Can you please clear your Xbox One game cache for Warframe?

To do this:
1. From the Home screen, select My games & apps.
2. Highlight the game, press the Menu button on your controller, and then select Manage game.
3. Scroll to the right, highlight the saved data for Warframe under Saved Data, and then press A on your controller.
4. You will be prompted to confirm deletion of this game save data:

- Choose **"Delete everywhere"** which will remove your saved data from this console, the cloud, and all other consoles you play on.

This will not delete your account. The next time you log into Warframe, the account data will be downloaded from our servers.

I tried this 2 times and still every time I pick any option (acceptance, wrath, or emptiness) it the game freezes on this marine blue screen. Please fix this I've tried everything and nothing works

So the resent update didn't seem to actually fix anything at least for me anyway. But I still can't interact with anything in my operator room or operators quarters most of the time so I can't start the sacrifice quest, sometimes use the focus system, can't customize the operators quarters, not to mention the game constantly crashing for no apparent reason.