The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mod Alerts

MaxImpact

TL;DR WE MUST HAZ THIS!!!

Ok, you added resource alerts. Good job. Now, give us mod alerts! I just reached rank 6, and I had not gotten Barrel Diffusion until yesterday. Farming mods in the void and on Xini can be pretty ridiculous. Having rare and difficult alerts for those multishot, bane and puncture mods would be absolutely awesome. Plus, you could throw, say, Rare 5 fusion core alerts in with em. You may now begin agreeing with me.

what will happen is a diluted "alert pool"

X alert pops up with a 5% chance of having ABC that u want...

now add a few hundred mods to it and when X alert pops up, it now has a 0.5% chance of having ABC that u want...

unless there are EXTRA ADDED alerts with mods only.

edit: but that won't happen since alerts themselves have ABC completely randomized, so in the end, we just have a diluted alert resource pool.

good idea, but it won't work with the alert system as it is.

Edited by BIackLotus

Replace Credit-Only alerts with Mod Alerts.

When an Alert Pops, it could be something like this:

10% Chance: Vauban Warframe Part

10% Chance: Resource.

15% Chance: Aura

10% Chance: S1 Helmet

10% Chance: S2 Helmet

10% Chance: Weapon Blueprint

30% Chance: Non-Aura Mod Alert (only Uncommon/Rares and no Warframe Powers).

5% Chance: Potato/Forma

Once it is chosen what KIND of Alert it is, then the actual item could be chosen. That way, you could add to the list of items and not make anything else rarer (except for the items of that class).

For example, adding a new S2 helmet would not make Vauban Parts come up less often. It WOULD, however, make the other S2 Helmets slightly more rare if one more was added to the pool.

Edited by Xylia

Replace Credit-Only alerts with Mod Alerts.

When an Alert Pops, it could be something like this:

10% Chance: Vauban Warframe Part

10% Chance: Resource.

15% Chance: Aura

10% Chance: S1 Helmet

10% Chance: S2 Helmet

10% Chance: Weapon Blueprint

30% Chance: Non-Aura Mod Alert (only Uncommon/Rares and no Warframe Powers).

5% Chance: Potato/Forma

Once it is chosen what KIND of Alert it is, then the actual item could be chosen. That way, you could add to the list of items and not make anything else rarer (except for the items of that class).

For example, adding a new S2 helmet would not make Vauban Parts come up less often. It WOULD, however, make the other S2 Helmets slightly more rare if one more was added to the pool.

3vcw9c.jpg

Ok, you added resource alerts. Good job. Now, give us mod alerts! I just reached rank 6, and I had not gotten Barrel Diffusion until yesterday. Farming mods in the void and on Xini can be pretty ridiculous. Having rare and difficult alerts for those multishot, bane and puncture mods would be absolutely awesome. Plus, you could throw, say, Rare 5 fusion core alerts in with em. You may now begin agreeing with me.

Barrel Diffusion after getting to rank 6 ?! o.O

You must be terribly unlucky :(

I am rank 7, and look this (still unfinished hornet strike, and acrid is recently built) :

barrel_diffusion_zps857330e1.png

well i dont know but im lucky at getting rare mods. like 2-3 every run. but i can barely get any elemental damage mods which are supposedly easy to get >:(. have been searching for the electrical and the fire elements for rifles and melee for ages and all i get are barrel diffusions, split chambers and thunderbolts(found 2 in the same run btw)

well i dont know but im lucky at getting rare mods. like 2-3 every run. but i can barely get any elemental damage mods which are supposedly easy to get >:(. have been searching for the electrical and the fire elements for rifles and melee for ages and all i get are barrel diffusions, split chambers and thunderbolts(found 2 in the same run btw)

Pistol Pistol Pistol is all that drops anymore. I'm thinking they outright forgot the Rifle Mods or stuck them all on Defense Rewards or something stupid like that...

The alerts are fine the way they are.  I just wish there were more of them.  If I'm lucky I maybe get one a night, and most of the time it's something like a cash reward.  I've only played 4 alert missions that yielded worth-while rewards.

Offering blueprints & aura cards are great for alert missions, because they are a prize proportional to the risk involved.

Offering mods that can be obtained through grinding missions is only diluting the pool of good loot even further, and make alerts a waste of time.

Did you bother reading my response/proposed system?

Yes i read it and it is lacking....

First of all, 30 % mod chance isnt 30 % that specific mod will show up. You still have around 15 or more rare mods, so it is around 2 % ( or even less ) chance for desirable mod would show up on alert.

Same for Vauban parts, it is 10 % that they will show, but then again there are 3 of them.

You are just proposing RNG inside RNG. What is this, RNGception?

Offering mods that can be obtained through grinding missions is only diluting the pool of good loot even further, and make alerts a waste of time.

No, No, NO.

Read what I said above, please.

Adding mods would NOT Dilute the pool if you replaced Credit-Only Alerts with Mod Alerts.

Yes i read it and it is lacking....

First of all, 30 % mod chance isnt 30 % that specific mod will show up. You still have around 15 or more rare mods, so it is around 2 % ( or even less ) chance for desirable mod would show up on alert.

Same for Vauban parts, it is 10 % that they will show, but then again there are 3 of them.

You are just proposing RNG inside RNG. What is this, RNGception?

It isn't much different than killing a boss for Warframe parts, is it? You have Double RNG there too.

And face it, having 30% of all Alerts be a Random Mod is better than having 50% of all Alerts being Credits-Only, right? Actually, I think the rate is more like 80% of all alerts being credits-only. I don't care if it is an Uncommon/Rare I already have (just don't stick Warframe Powers in it), it is still better than 2100cr for a Sedna, Eris, or Pluto Alert.

Edited by Xylia