Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

another Sacrifice Opinon thread. (major spoilers)

finally got around to finishing The Sacrifice, and I have to say. I felt it was worth the wait. watching Ballas get stabbed (even though we all know he's gonna live) was VERY satisfying, especially after learning even more messed up stuff he's done. I hate his guts, which makes him a very good Villain in my eyes, a similar feeling to how I felt about Joffrey and Ramsay in GoT. anyway, it answered a few questions I had and made a couple more, and now I look forward to the possibility of us reaching Tau somewhere in the future in our quest to get lotus back.

my favourite part aside from Ballas getting shanked was when Umbra strangles the operator and you see the eye and flesh inside the broken helmet... that was a real WTF moment I didn't expect. very rare I get moments that make me think "holy crap WTH is that?!". Ordis also had a few funny lines, so i didn't mind him being along for the ride: he's a major character, so it's not like we can get rid of him (although I'm sure a year ago, people would say the same about Lotus and look what's happened.

I do feel somewhat blue-balled by the final scene after Ballas' "death", I thought that spacemom's sentient body was pretty cool and would have liked to fight it (though preferably without it having that cannon that literally disintegrated Umbra near the Start). Ballas only sent Mimics and got his just deserves (for now) in a cutscene, so I was in the mood for a proper boss fight. ah well, maybe in a few years when we get to go to Tau huh? at least I hope that's the plan.

thankyou DE for all the time and effort you put into this quest. you guys are amazing! keep up the good work!

3 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

The quest made me wonder though, are all warframes made from people, or just umbra? And if they can be sentient like umbra why doesn't hunhow know? What with Ballas telling him everything about the frames. 

from what I've seen it's just Umbra. that's why he can move around independently without us in Operator mode. it's possible that perhaps Umbra may have been an early prototype Warframe developed this way before the full control system we have was invented. Rhino Prime's codex hints that he was likely made in the same way as Umbra, at least at first. I'm still trying to piece it together myself though. the Sacrifice gave me both answers and questions.

I think we already have a lot discussion before hand but basically...

- They literally say 'Warframes' not 'Umbra'. So, it should mean ALL Warframe including Umbra. Thus, the Sacrifice.

- Remember in the quest Ballas said 2 thing about Warframes. First being that one of Helminth stain had transfrom them. Second being that Warframe is equiped with Armor. So, in Rhino Prime Codex said about Warframe that doesn't equiped with armor 'yet'. They're not even start Tranference project alongside Warframe 'yet'. So, basically they're not Umbra but Warframe they are talking about in Rhino Prime Codex.

1 hour ago, Miser_able said:

The quest made me wonder though, are all warframes made from people, or just umbra? And if they can be sentient like umbra why doesn't hunhow know? What with Ballas telling him everything about the frames. 

42 minutes ago, (XB1)PredakingXYT said:

I think it's all of them, but only Umbra has his memories back, the others COULD move, they just don't know it... I think

If all were people once that would explain thier different personalities and why we have male and female gender oriented frames. 

I'm gonna need to replay the quest a few more times, because I think it's just the Umbras that have people inside. 

The Umbras were the prototype- (Dax, adults, memories =failure)

The Prime's are the final model- (Tenno children, no memories, no adults = perfected)

Edited by (XB1)RDeschain82

Remember that Umbra has a different transference bolt then Ordis was familiar with. Wether Umbra is older or not is aside from the fact that it seems to be designed to have memories and a greater degree of autonomy. 

Man other important detail is that, at least in this instance, Ballas was inacting retribution on the Dax that was going to expose Balla’ Betrayal. Ballas seemed to be really projecting his own pain and guilt onto the Dax. 

Yes all frames seem to have been made in combination with humans. There is still questions as to what and how they acted before bonding with the Tenno. Ballas called them failures. They where called rejects before the Tenno, and after they where feared. Rightly so.