Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra polarity issues

(XBOX)SpierrWolf

Question

So I made the biggest mistake today and I have no idea if it will be fixed soon...

i changed one of the umbral polarities thinking "oh I hear people say their going to change them so I'll do the same" 

i thought that you could change it back to umbral if needed but I can't now! 

So what I know so far with this is when I cycle through all the forma options they have all the normal ones but there's a new option with no symbol on it! Then it cycles to empty.. Is the blank polarity perhaps umbral except they haven't added a symbol to it yet? Or am I wrong?

i've already tried every method I know to contact DE support but to no reply as the ticket support area is now closed for the day until Monday, and the community inbox has a influx of new requests so I don't think I'm getting a new response for a while now...any suggestions or advice? Am I right about my guess?

11 answers to this question

You cannot Forma on an Umbra polarity, and you cannot restore an Umbra polarity. DE have stated that this will not change, for now. 

The only reason and thing you'd probably ever alter Umbra Polarities for would be on Skiajati and Exalted Umbra Blade for more raw damage via Primed Pressure Point, and even then it's a small damage benefit at the cost of losing the potential extra anti-Sentient damage which will become exceedingly relevant when the Corpus restore the Outer Terminus Rail to Tau.

In nutshell: DE might make adding Umbra polarities possible, when Sentients become a more common threat (i.e: beyond the Outer Terminus Rail), for Umbra frames/weapons soon, maybe when the next Umbra comes out at the earliest.

In conclusion: if anyone hasn't done The Sacrifice and happens to be reading this, or hasn't begun to modify Umbra and his gear yet, DO NOT tamper with the Quake-icon-shaped (AKA Umbra) polarities!

6 minutes ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

You cannot Forma on an Umbra polarity, and you cannot restore an Umbra polarity. DE have stated that this will not change, for now. 

The only reason and thing you'd probably ever alter Umbra Polarities for would be on Skiajati and Exalted Umbra Blade for more raw damage via Primed Pressure Point, and even then it's a small damage benefit at the cost of losing the potential extra anti-Sentient damage which will become exceedingly relevant when the Corpus restore the Outer Terminus Rail to Tau.

In nutshell: DE might make adding Umbra polarities possible, when Sentients become a more common threat (i.e: beyond the Outer Terminus Rail), for Umbra frames/weapons soon, maybe when the next Umbra comes out at the earliest.

In conclusion: if anyone hasn't done The Sacrifice and happens to be reading this, or hasn't begun to modify Umbra and his gear yet, DO NOT tamper with the Quake-icon-shaped (AKA Umbra) polarities!

So do you think DE could go in and fix this for me? I'm assuming so as they made the game but how long do you think it will be until they get back to me?

The blank polarity option has always been in the game, as there may be times when a player wishes to flat out remove polarity from a slot. Sorry to ruin your theory on the Umbral option.

As for how long you might have to wait to hear back from Support: it will depend on how many tickets they have in their queue, and how quickly they can get to yours. Could be a few days, could be a few weeks. With Tennocon tomorrow, plus it being a weekend, along with a likely influx of tickets from update bugs, expect to wait a bit. Not what you want to hear, but there’s nothing to be done for it. 

12 minutes ago, (XB1)ShadowStrike70 said:

So do you think DE could go in and fix this for me? I'm assuming so as they made the game but how long do you think it will be until they get back to me?

Specifically the bit about adding Umbra polarities, probably when the next Umbra Warframe and it's acquisition quest are added, if not the Tau System. At the earliest.

Unless the amount of complaints that the Umbra polarity can't be added becomes as loud as the complaint that Umbra attachments can't be toggled off (not to mention the Founders wanting to be able to have Prime cosmetics on Umbra (and inevitably future Umbras) to be an option).

1 hour ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

That's a damn good reason to forma them, though. You have two mods, one +damage that is weaker in every case than Primed Pressure Point, even though both have the same fusion cost and capacity drain, and one +crit chance that fits a polarity present only on weapons with 15% base crit chance. The only way that would ever sound reasonable, considering their fusion cost and stats, is if they really were absolutely NECESSARY to be able to deal with enemies in the Tau system - but that won't be the case, as it would pretty much limit an entire category of new content to a specific type of frames (of which there currently is one), and that would damage the game more than physically smashing the servers with a huge hammer. DE had weird ideas, but they never seemed like they want to drive their game into the ground.

Still, I currently have 2 weapons with new shiny mods that are supposed to be awesome, but I actually wouldn't use them in any of said weapons, not to mention spending almost 80k endo total on getting them to max rank. I feel like the least we deserve is the ability to polarize Excal Umbra and Skiajati slots with any polarity, including the umbra one. Just turn them to madurai, naramon, whatever, and then back to umbra if we feel like it.

1 hour ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

Unless the amount of complaints that the Umbra polarity can't be added becomes as loud as the complaint that Umbra attachments can't be toggled off (not to mention the Founders wanting to be able to have Prime cosmetics on Umbra (and inevitably future Umbras) to be an option).

I'd like to loudly complain.

10 hours ago, Kxevineth said:

I feel like the least we deserve is the ability to polarize Excal Umbra and Skiajati slots with any polarity, including the umbra one. Just turn them to madurai, naramon, whatever, and then back to umbra if we feel like it.

This minimum is what I expect to happen imminently - if not after the next Umbra's release.

@Kxevineth so wait, should I stick with what I did on my umbra excel or not?

right now the best build Im trying to achieve has a max od 185% strength because they kept all umbra mods, maxed intensify and ranked up to 9 the 2 others

also, when you quoted the other guy talking about how they will fix it maybe if they get enough complaints...are you saying they wont go into my account and change my umbra back to default how he was!?

They can probably go in and change the Umbra Polarity back to what it was. Support is typically helpful like that. 

I un-umbra'd my Exalted Blade since my current mods offer high damage values, but it's difficult to say whether or not that will ultimately be a mistake down the road. I imagine Excal Umbra will still be plenty viable in any upcoming content regardless. The Umbra mod bonus works out to be about a 33% damage increase against Sentients, so it isn't as though they are ever going to be absolutely required by any means. Excalibumbra can "clean" sentients of their damage resistance anyway with his blind, which you'll probably want to do anyway for that sweet Exalted Blade damage so it seems double unnecessary. 

I'd keep Umbra Vitality, Fiber, and Intensify though. Tank Excalibumbra is pretty tanky. 

EDIT: I'm under the assumption that DE will, at some point down the road, likely allow us to polarize for umbra. It will probably require a new farmable resource aside from Forma though. I don't think they want to do it right away because they'd like Excal Umbra to be unique for a bit. 

Edited by Acos

On 2018-07-07 at 4:25 AM, Koldraxon-732 said:

This minimum is what I expect to happen imminently - if not after the next Umbra's release.

I fully expect it to not happen. I do not expect that it's high on DE's priority list to allow only Excalibur Umbra + Umbral Exalted Blade + Skajiati to add umbral polarities.

On 2018-07-08 at 1:06 AM, (XB1)ShadowStrike70 said:

@Kxevineth so wait, should I stick with what I did on my umbra excel or not?

right now the best build Im trying to achieve has a max od 185% strength because they kept all umbra mods, maxed intensify and ranked up to 9 the 2 others

also, when you quoted the other guy talking about how they will fix it maybe if they get enough complaints...are you saying they wont go into my account and change my umbra back to default how he was!?

Is it that hard to understand? They are not going to give you back the polarity. Deal with it ! They will not make any exceptions,next time don't puch a wall of steel just bc some one else did it.

Edited by Nephalem

On 2018-07-12 at 2:06 AM, Nephalem said:

Is it that hard to understand? They are not going to give you back the polarity. Deal with it ! They will not make any exceptions,next time don't puch a wall of steel just bc some one else did it.

Dude, calm down with your edge. They help people with this kind of thing all the time and its relatively simple for them to do so.