Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Constant FPS issues

I played some Hydron defense games today, and well it seems even on really small maps, with grineer enemies there's more slowdowns than there ever was before. On base PS4 it goes down to a slideshow sometimes, when I activate Motion Blur and there's such a moment well I can't see anything until FPS stabilizes again (5-10 seconds) with how blurry the screen is. (My base PS4 has more than 1To of free space, while my PRO model has about 500Go. Resolution scaling is set to Auto.)

The game's great, but often I have to stop playing for the day because of how aggravating the framerate is lately.

I recently logged in to play the new story mission Sacrifice after a couple of months off, and noticed allot more fps drops and in single digits some times to. I play on a PS4 Pro and was a little surprised by the poorer performance than before. I tried to play more these days but its getting really annoying with the constant fps drops, not sure I can continue playing like this to be honest.

I've been experiencing massive framerate drops in long missions (excavation, survival, etc.), missions with large numbers of enemies (Infested, Corrupted) and when entering Cetus, The Plains of Eidolon and even on Relays. I always choose Calm for those areas, have turned off most post processing effects and reduced the rest to lowest settings and nothing works. Even tried restricting Ping and lowering field of view and even reinstalling the game. I was having some issues a couple months before The Sacrifice but the update seems to have made them much worse and more frequent. I'm unsure if it may be the new UI system but I'm on the PS4 base model and have been playing for years now and I never had such problems. The game is becoming unplayable at times. DE, if you could let us know you're at least aware of the issue, that would be amazing! Please! Por favor! 

Edited by (PS4)MIXEDBLOOD
Clarity

Hi everyone, 

We have been investigating system performance as it relates to the posts from PS4 players in this thread and we believe we've tracked down one of the more noticeable issues found in many Infested missions. We hope to have a fix for this with the next cert build (Xbox players might notice an improvement as well.)

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused, and we will continue to look at other areas for improvement.

Edited by [DE]Dmitri

On 2018-07-10 at 5:19 PM, (PS4)EleriaQueen said:

I played some Hydron defense games today, and well it seems even on really small maps, with grineer enemies there's more slowdowns than there ever was before. On base PS4 it goes down to a slideshow sometimes, when I activate Motion Blur and there's such a moment well I can't see anything until FPS stabilizes again (5-10 seconds) with how blurry the screen is. (My base PS4 has more than 1To of free space, while my PRO model has about 500Go. Resolution scaling is set to Auto.)

The game's great, but often I have to stop playing for the day because of how aggravating the framerate is lately.

This FPS issues seem to be a lot like what's been happening on PC for months.

Still on the case of Hydron I wonder if the console versions have the same performance issue as PC on that specific tile, which has massive performance drops when you look through the middle of the map where the Cryo pod is. This issue seems to be non existent in the infested version of that tile (though the smoke effects being tied to the particles option is icky).