Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Reason behind high fake Conclave standing gains

Triplinster

^Recent posts made by players on this topic

@HeartPurity @Xonerix The high fake standing is a visual bug. You did not "miss" or "lose" any real standing. The misleading high standing you see is caused by a preview bug.

I've been testing this for a couple of hours, and at first with careful testing, I could not find variances between standing shown in end of match and actual standing (in my profile).

So after after a couple more test runs, I carefully started adding more variables. And after a while, I noticed something odd.

Test 1(Made one kill and took oro): My standing was increasing by +121 every minute. So I ran another similar test next match.

Test 2 (Made zero kills): This time, I didn't gain any standing each minute. The whole match I didn't gain any affinity/experience points except at the end of match (match completion standing bonus, irrelevant to the test).

Test 3 (Made one kill and took oro): This time I made one kill and observed my current standing. It increased by +121 standing. Odd. I checked few seconds later, It increased by +121 again.
It felt like I was gaining +121 standing every second now.

But that wasn't the case. I saw an increase in standing every time I viewed my current standing. And then it clicked.

The Real Cause of this BUG: Every time you gain real standing in game. Lets say, 500 standing from 5-6 kills you made. Every time you open up your preview, you will see a gain of +500 standing. Each time.

So if you complete challenges (I did not test with challenges, just source of exp in game, but this bug is highly likely to take challenge standing as well to multiply it), gain some kills and etc, and keep checking your current standing.

Lets say you earned 6000 standing in your current ongoing match, the preview may increase standing by 6000 points every time you view it.

So, the high standing people are seeing is not the intended standing to be gained. But fake standing created by the bug. And this fake standing as many have noticed, is not real. If it was, I wouldn't be making this post and would've went straight for WF support instead.

Video of it in action. With some explanation.

Spoiler

Well, that's a weird bug, and very disappointing realizing that those big numbers I were seeing were just fakes :/...
This is a good post :) +1
Hope DE is fixing this, even though most players don't play conclave much