Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Any chance to link Console accounts to play on PC? (Crossplay+Cross-Platform Account Linking)

18 hours ago, lightdragon64 said:

I can see it happening as an account share between xbox, pc, and switch but not PS4. (Thanks sony)

However while i see account sharing between platforms being a thing i don't see crossplay being a thing (specifically between pc and console due to different builds). I can see cross play between switch and xbox, but not any other way.

Hell I'll be damned. I'm a huge fan of PS4 but if all other platforms can do it without Sony, please do start and leave us behind. That'll just create more bad image and pressure to Sony and make them drop the selfishness sooner. 

If it's possible, even without Sony at start, please do it, as it's still good for us all in the long term.

3 minutes ago, (XB1)ALG Minuscule36 said:

We're actually not far off, just a few hotfixes, really.

The hotfixes are the issue tho, DE would need to completely change how they handle their development cycle. As it stands they essentially use the flexibility of PC to get things sorted out and then package it up for Consoles. 

To keep everything in parity they would need to get everything right the first time every time, or darn close to it. Because they wouldn't have the luxury of pushing out a dozen hot fixes over a week before they package everything into a singular console update. 

1 hour ago, Oreades said:

The hotfixes are the issue tho, DE would need to completely change how they handle their development cycle. As it stands they essentially use the flexibility of PC to get things sorted out and then package it up for Consoles. 

To keep everything in parity they would need to get everything right the first time every time, or darn close to it. Because they wouldn't have the luxury of pushing out a dozen hot fixes over a week before they package everything into a singular console update. 

They can Hotfix without Certs, to my knowledge. This is especially the case with the gamebreakers. The whole thought process is sacrificin the buffer to reach a wideep audience, and figure out a more streamlined way to play simultaneous updates and fixes.

I personally think it's possible. As mentioned before it's just a matter of DE changing how they operate and all platforms being open to it.

The only stuff that justified the current system in the past were:

• When Warframe started out crossplay wasn't a thing, a must have, it wasn't "the next step in gaming";
  • The tech was older, and DE was smaller and less ambitious;
  • Only nowadays we begin to follow consumer friendly practices and realize that a happy consumer is a paying consumer. This applies not only to the gaming industry but to consumer-related industries as a whole, and we have plenty of examples of why helping the consumer is good (DE's business model) and plenty of examples why we shouldn't  scr*w the consumer (EA's recent Battlefront fiasco, and maybe Sony's future example on the very same mistake as EA they're making right now)
  • There wasn't a fully capable portable gaming device like the switch (I.e. Sony has PS Portable or Vita but that's pretty much a smartphone against Switch's capabilities)
  • Nowadays there are already several games who release content across all platforms at the same time, with Fortnite being the best example (So I believe that DE could adapt to how they release content)

Thus said it only makes sense that given how the times have changed so the practices should. Sony's (and all others) negative view of the crossplay/account migration possibilities will cost them highly in the future. There's absolutely no objective reason as to why it shouldn't become a thing (Sony's view on it, or DE saying no, or even "It's in the rules" are obstacles, but not real reasons, let's admit that).

Look at how much gaming has changed over the years. Look at how much DE has evolved over the years. For the gaming world now we have Online Play, entire communities and new ideas coming up all the time, better gaming systems with more and more capabilities... As for DE look at PoE and Fortuna, as well as all other game modes that weren't on Warframe at release. They have shown over and over that if they want, they can, and I believe that.

Frankly, our main problem right now isn't "We can't do it", it's "We don't want to do it" (not DE, but all "players" at the table who are making it difficult)

Edited by (PS4)Pauloluisx

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Pauloluisx said:

Frankly, our main problem right now isn't "We can't do it", it's "We don't want to do it" (not DE, but all "players" at the table who are making it difficult)

You are absolutely right about this. So many negative players on here that kill this idea and ideas similar to it. Seamless account access or full crossplay support isn't a far-fetched idea. So many different companies are doing it now and showing it can be beneficial. What harm could this do really? The most harm I can find is the game may not get hot fixed every single day. Maybe every week or so depending on the severity of the game bugs. But really the update system in place across all systems can be easily synced up. Cert process on console is only a couple of days now.

9 minutes ago, (XB1)InfectedMonkey said:

So many different companies are doing it now and showing it can be beneficial. What harm could this do really? The most harm I can find is the game may not get hot fixed every single day. Maybe every week or so depending on the severity of the game bugs.

Indeed this. As I'm from consoles we're already used to receiving the occasional hotfix only for very important stuff or prime releases, as well as monthly updates. It's never killed us, and in fact I think such updates would be a bit spaced out for PC (as you said, each 1 or 2 weeks), but faster for consoles (once again, every 1 or 2 weeks), and this for regular updates since hotfixes would still come whenever possible since they're meant to fix/add small and quick stuff. But most importantly all at the same time, everyone on it. Everyone collaborating and sharing.

On 2018-07-11 at 5:37 PM, (PS4)Pauloluisx said:

Hell I'll be damned. I'm a huge fan of PS4 but if all other platforms can do it without Sony, please do start and leave us behind. That'll just create more bad image and pressure to Sony and make them drop the selfishness sooner. 

If it's possible, even without Sony at start, please do it, as it's still good for us all in the long term.

This is the best answer I have seen in a long time! Discussions like these often ends up with "my console is better then yours!"

Most people don't realise that we need all platforms to stay in competition, because for gamers, competition is good. It's through competition and player feedback we can change things, like cross platforms (in some way or another). Instead of defending "our" platform like if someone just insulted our mother, we could say "you are right, this should be changed", then the pressure will be all the greater.

11 minutes ago, (XB1)Jouna1 said:

This is the best answer I have seen in a long time! Discussions like these often ends up with "my console is better then yours!"

Most people don't realise that we need all platforms to stay in competition, because for gamers, competition is good. It's through competition and player feedback we can change things, like cross platforms (in some way or another). Instead of defending "our" platform like if someone just insulted our mother, we could say "you are right, this should be changed", then the pressure will be all the greater.

Platform unification.

To be honest, I never got the "My platform is better than yours!" thing.

I just chalk it up to personal preference, and as somebody who has 4 Platforms Warframe is nowhat on, Switch included, I believe it just boils down to what platform you feel like using at that moment.

Hopefully that'd change with this, even slightly.

2 minutes ago, (XB1)ALG Minuscule36 said:

Platform unification.

To be honest, I never got the "My platform is better than yours!" thing.

I just chalk it up to personal preference, and as somebody who has 4 Platforms Warframe is nowhat on, Switch included, I believe it just boils down to what platform you feel like using at that moment.

Hopefully that'd change with this, even slightly.

Indeed so. As I said before I'm a huge PS4 fan (I really like to game on a couch all comfy, and I'm used to the PS4 remote since childhood) but sometimes I'm away at work or university and I have nothing to do. Nothing like opening up my laptop or bringing out switch and just opening up my account and entertain myself with the game I love. More so, if I go to a friend's house and he has a PS4 and a PC and I didn't bring mine, no problem - I'll just login on PC and we get to play. All in my main account, which I fought so many years to make it grow and have all gear in it.

It's a no brainer, really. A problem that shouldn't exist in the first place.

On 2018-07-08 at 7:26 PM, Bon3zz1001 said:

If it means having to add another 2+ months to updates and no more hotfixes because of the console certification process then no thanks. 

Seems like a waste of resources to have pc/console play together. I don't want pc builds slowed down at all because of console certs. No thanks. I don't kind mind getting somewhat buggy builds sooner, I don't want them bogged down with a tedious and strict cert process

24 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Seems like a waste of resources to have pc/console play together. I don't want pc builds slowed down at all because of console certs. No thanks. I don't kind mind getting somewhat buggy builds sooner, I don't want them bogged down with a tedious and strict cert process

Again this is not the case. Console certs only take maybe a couple of days, not seen one take more than 5 days. And that was a while ago. You wouldn't be set back 1-2 months. PC is only a few hot fixed ahead. When PC launches as update the team then ports that ypdate to the consoles to release it there. But they also port other hot fixed as they release too. But the bee game design has unified the game across all platforms. So the porting process will be much easier and quicker. Making it extremely possible for consoles to keep up with PC. And allow for crossplay or cross platform saving.

33 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Well at worst case scenario consoles could do it since they share builds. I'm not up for it since I think this should be a general solution and many pc Tenno disagree with you. I guess we'll just see. Again it's about the best utcoming for the community as a whole, selfishness apart.

Edited by (PS4)Pauloluisx

TBH, they can just do what phantasy star online 2 did, open a channel just for cross play.  

If you want to play with your switch friend? both of you join the cross play channel.   (P.S. Vita PSO2 channel has less mob spawn in compromise because handheld console performance, which it turns out to be a nice feature for players who need less spawn due to various reason. )

And I would care less about cross play, what I really care is the ability to cross save...

On 2018-07-12 at 1:46 AM, (XB1)FOCHOCLTstrfish said:

Slow them down a bit, bring in more people to help with getting console updates out for simultaneous release.

No, just no. Content (at least on PC) is cleared fast and stretching the "downtime" even more is not a good idea.

7 hours ago, HorridaMessor said:

No, just no. Content (at least on PC) is cleared fast and stretching the "downtime" even more is not a good idea.

Could you elaborate on your view on why it is not a good idea? I like to encourage a fair elaborated viewpoint to keep out the "Just because"s, you know?

I believe it was highlighted earlier that Certs never take more than a week. If DE never mentioned an update coming out, how would you notice?

On 2018-07-13 at 9:00 PM, (XB1)ALG Minuscule36 said:

Could you elaborate on your view on why it is not a good idea? I like to encourage a fair elaborated viewpoint to keep out the "Just because"s, you know?

I believe it was highlighted earlier that Certs never take more than a week. If DE never mentioned an update coming out, how would you notice?

1) Consoles are allready behind PC in version, which means that it's allready gonna take some time to catch up.

2) It's purely anecdotal evidence but I'm talking from my own expirience - right now the only thing that I haven't leveled and forma'ed is Limbo Prime who is in the process of crafting atm. Considering that nowadays I'm playing around hour/hour and a half a day you can see that the speed of "content clearing" is high (granted I'm someone people may call "a vet" and have access to everything in the game). Now imagine how fast people who play more then me clear new content. So from a PC player perspective new content release speed is allready slow, and personally I'm against even slower release pace.

3) Console players tend to underestimate the sheer amount of bugs PC players have to deal with - in essense we sorta act as a QA team, and based on our feedback DE can patch out the bugs before sending console builds to cert. Warframe is a big game and no amount of people in internal QA team will ever compete with PC playerbase. Which leads to even slower releases since if PC and consoles were kept on the same patch, DE's internal QA team will need more time to test the build and spot all bugs. 

Edited by HorridaMessor
minor typos