Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack and Hoverboard Movement Speed in Demo

(XBOX)calvina

(Note, this thread was created with only knowledge from watching the 30 minute demo, please correct me in areas I may have been wrong.)

Firstly, loved the 30 min demo, looking forward to the new update in howevr long it takes.

But yes, for the title, in regards how fast the hoverboard and Railjack were moving in the Demo. Will they be faster, or atleast have an option to be faster upon release or will they stay rather slow and sluggish?

The Railjack looks like a fun concept, but from the pilot's PoV, it looks like you're manhandling a capital ship instead of an interceptor, perhaps it's just the presentation and the Railjack could be more responsive than shown, but I'll wait till there's more gameplay on it to fully comment.

On hoverboards, I'm afraid that if they stay at thier currect speed (along with the chance of getting knocked off by random spiders), it'll quickly die out as a mode of transport and people will move on back to Operator dashing just like in the plains. (Perhaps we'll be able to mod our hoverboards just like archwing? 😄)

----

Also, a bit of a tangent here, but, still nice for a general discussion, will the Railjack have the ability to be modified/modded? Different weapon selections, engines, etc would be boss down the road.

Edited by (XB1)calvina

If your hoverboard was made to move as fast as you can by Operator, it would be completely useless. You'd run into everything. Not only can you near instantly jump many times as the Operator, you can maneuver to a rather large degree in between jumps.

9 minutes ago, (XB1)calvina said:

(Perhaps we'll be able to mod our hoverboards just like archwing? )

They don't have weapons or abilities. What would you mod?

2 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

If your hoverboard was made to move as fast as you can by Operator, it would be completely useless. You'd run into everything. Not only can you near instantly jump many times as the Operator, you can maneuver to a rather large degree in between jumps.

They don't have weapons or abilities. What would you mod?

I guess you're right, perhaps a boost function would be nice atleast.

As for modding, I guess you're right about that too, apart from movement speed, there isn't much choice to go around. Maybe it has it's own unique mods That affect the speed, hover height, air time, etc? (Or just some sort of 3-part board customization)

4 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

Given the sounds I heard, they might have the two stage speed of Archwings.

Definitely nice, now here's to hoping you don't get knocked off your board as much as you would in arching plains by half the enemies with AA capabilities.

Edited by (XB1)calvina