Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Raptor Is A Terrible,flawed Boss.

GSGregory

You can run out of ammo, end of story. No enemies spawn through the fight and it is perfectly possible to run out of ammo and be unable to win and that is moronic. Sorry but that is a giant fail of a flaw in the bosses design.

Edited by GSGregory

Yeah, Raptor is terrible.

I'd say about 10 minutes of thought went into its creation.

People can say things like "Oh, he actually requires tactics" etc.

But, the only tactics for him is either snow globe and spray, or exploit switch teleport.

He's not fun to fight at all, and all he has is artificial difficulty.

Yeah, Raptor is terrible.

I'd say about 10 minutes of thought went into its creation.

People can say things like "Oh, he actually requires tactics" etc.

But, the only tactics for him is either snow globe and spray, or exploit switch teleport.

He's not fun to fight at all, and all he has is artificial difficulty.

How is this different form any other boss?  Kril, and Jackal are easy examples of Bosses with the EXACT same type of boss battles as Raptor.

Edited by K1LLZ0NE

And? Any game where you can spend 20-30 minutes and find yourself unable to win for a reason as stupid as being out of ammo is broken. Its no different than a game having a area you can get stuck in with no way out.

It doesn't make him hard, doesn't make him fun and if anything he is one of the boringest bosses next to the jackal in my opinion. All you do is spray and hide in a snow globe. And all he does is hover in the air and fire stuff at you or drop mines but he really doesn't have any attack pattern.

Also noticing the hit numbers are not popping up correctly. The bonus shot on my pistol never shows that it hits.

if you fire a bullet that does no damage, then why are you firing?

sounds like youre wasting your own ammo. Raptor isnt forcing you to shoot him.

Are you talking about this?

Also noticing the hit numbers are not popping up correctly. The bonus shot on my pistol never shows that it hits.

I have barrel diffusion equipped, but it only hits once against the raptor or at least only shows one hit/dmg indicator. 
Edited by GSGregory

How is this different form any other boss?  Kril, and Jackal are easy examples of Bosses with the EXACT same type of boss battles as Raptor.

Because Kril and Jackal don't feel cheap to fight.

Jackal is stupidly easy to kill, and Kril isn't bad either.

Raptor is a flying osprey with super accurate 1HKO missiles, that he's constantly firing.

If Jackal fired his missiles nonstop, then I'd say exactly the same about him.

Because Kril and Jackal don't feel cheap to fight.

Jackal is stupidly easy to kill, and Kril isn't bad either.

Raptor is a flying osprey with super accurate 1HKO missiles, that he's constantly firing.

If Jackal fired his missiles nonstop, then I'd say exactly the same about him.

Is it the game's fault that YOU think Raptor is "cheap to fight"?  Why do you feel that way just about him, when several bosses have similar mechanics?  All the bosses in this game can be dealt with the same.  Run in, use a skill to nullify damage, then shoot until he's dead.  If you want a different way to do it then TRY different ways.  Like the guy in that video.  He found his own unique way to do it.  Why don't you?

Is it the game's fault that YOU think Raptor is "cheap to fight"?  Why do you feel that way just about him, when several bosses have similar mechanics?  All the bosses in this game can be dealt with the same.  Run in, use a skill to nullify damage, then shoot until he's dead.  If you want a different way to do it then TRY different ways.  Like the guy in that video.  He found his own unique way to do it.  Why don't you?

Some bosses sit and do nothing however. This game lacks in good boss fights.

Mate, why are you getting aggressive?

I was only stating my opinion.

Obviously my opinion is not absolute, but judging from the way you talk, you think your opinion is.

Raptor has invincibility phases? Then they need to be better communicated (visually, not by lotus).

They're communicated. When it's firing missiles, it's invulnerable. Stop shooting and take cover. Seriously, refer to the video I linked earlier. I take cover during the missile phases. It's not that bloody difficult, but apparently a lot of players are still having issues doing it. This boss is cake.

When the Raptor hits 2/3 and 1/3 of its HP, it starts firing 10 missiles that do a good chunk of damage, during which he is completely invincible. What more of a "visual cue" do you need than giant cylindrical objects flying at you and/or your shields/HP dropping rapidly?

Furthermore, if you're running out of ammo, bring ammo boxes. If you're still running dry, then you must be using a MK-1 Braton with no mods on it. You have well over 5000 (primary) bullets (or 1700, if you're using a sidearm) with ammo boxes, so ammo should NOT be an excuse.

Bc raptor doesnt show damage numbers...so you don't even know when it's in an invuln phase and when not.

I know its fun to tell people that sound nooby QQ etc...but Raptor is broken and silly. Yes, I know how to kill him and have many times, and have nova, but we shouldnt have to guess whether or not we are damaging him. Especially when he can one shot you and you're leading him half the time, so you can't even see his healthbar.

They're communicated. When it's firing missiles, it's invulnerable. Stop shooting and take cover. Seriously, refer to the video I linked earlier. I take cover during the missile phases. It's not that bloody difficult, but apparently a lot of players are still having issues doing it. This boss is cake.

That is NOT communicated. There needs to be a visual cue that obviously translates to "invincibility". Missiles =/= "I am invulnerable".

TBH, at the range you fight Raptor (because, you know, it FLIES), there's very few acceptable invincibility cues outside of a giant Vor-esque bubble shield.

Also, I call bullS#&$ on the "fires missiles at 1/3 and 2/3 of his health" thing. He just fires those things whenever he so damn pleases.