Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Raptor Is A Terrible,flawed Boss.

GSGregory

Are you talking about this?

I have barrel diffusion equipped, but it only hits once against the raptor or at least only shows one hit/dmg indicator. 

And you still don't know how to fight this one

You can't spray all of your ammo all the way He's invincible when his wing is shut like the one from the Fusion MOAs

If you just spray it the ammo are waste anyway

Mate, why are you getting aggressive?

I was only stating my opinion.

Obviously my opinion is not absolute, but judging from the way you talk, you think your opinion is.

Sorry.  I wasn't trying to sound aggressive.  Just arguing my point

Raptor has invincibility phases? Then they need to be better communicated (visually, not by lotus).

I didn't need to be told that Raptor has invincibility phases.   I was able to infer it when my bullets stopped doing damage.

Bc raptor doesnt show damage numbers...so you don't even know when it's in an invuln phase and when not.

I know its fun to tell people that sound nooby QQ etc...but Raptor is broken and silly. Yes, I know how to kill him and have many times, and have nova, but we shouldnt have to guess whether or not we are damaging him. Especially when he can one shot you and you're leading him half the time, so you can't even see his healthbar.

Raptor shows damage numbers when I fight him.  That's how I learned he was invincible when firing missiles and that you have to shoot his "tail" when he closes his "wings".  Otherwise you do no damage.

Raptor shows damage numbers when I fight him.  That's how I learned he was invincible when firing missiles and that you have to shoot his "tail" when he closes his "wings".  Otherwise you do no damage.

My screen is kinda on the small size, so (from the distance I have to fight raptor to have any hope of avoiding missiles, with the mediocre zoom on most weapons) I actually can't see his tail. I can barely tell whether or not his wings are open >.<

Especially when he can one shot you

Then bring HP + Shield Mods.

I got 960 Shields and 600 Hp on my frost and it takes like 4 missiles to kill.

So if he's one shotting your warframe has less then a quarter of my HP.

And before you go "BUT YOU HAVE GLOBE!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!1111"

Yh, thats why I bring Frost dip S#&amp;&#036;.  there are others that have done it without Frost and gratz to them.

Bring an ammo efficient weapon if you are running low.

No Gorgon, Braton, Vipers or Afruis aren't ammo efficient.  They got DPS but their efficiency is crap.

Paris, Lex, Acrid, Snipetron, Kunia, Despair, Dread, Snipetron Vandal, Paris Prime.

Their the weapons you really need to look for if you want ammo efficiency 

(there maybe others as well but I don't have access to all weaps yet)

Raptor has invincibility phases? Then they need to be better communicated (visually, not by lotus).

Wrapping it's wings/shell around itself for protection and then taking almost no damage isn't enough?

Bring an ammo efficient weapon if you are running low.

No Gorgon, Braton, Vipers or Afruis aren't ammo efficient.  They got DPS but their efficiency is crap.

Takes maybe two mags with my Gorgon, if I'm being careless.

My screen is kinda on the small size, so (from the distance I have to fight raptor to have any hope of avoiding missiles, with the mediocre zoom on most weapons) I actually can't see his tail. I can barely tell whether or not his wings are open >.<

You can't really expect them to optimize the game for tiny resolutions.

Take cover in the central building, and force Raptor to come closer to you.

Bc raptor doesnt show damage numbers...so you don't even know when it's in an invuln phase and when not.

Raptor does show damage numbers.

czsVJqB.jpg

I don't agree with the OP because the Raptor was the first boss that I actually liked fighting. He's dangerous, he's mobile and he stalks you if you cheap out and hide in the "greenhouse" in the middle of the arena.

Soloing him with a squish frame is suicide though, so you need to plan your loadout accordingly. Being agile and minding your cover throughout the fight is also essential, as it equipping the right weapons with good ammo economy. If anything, I would have liked to make the Raptor even more dangerous and enabled him to slowly wittle down the structural integrity of the "greenhouse". However, I think the arena also needs to be bigger, with more places to hide.

Wrapping it's wings/shell around itself for protection and then taking almost no damage isn't enough?

You can't really expect them to optimize the game for tiny resolutions.

1. No it isn't. Not when he doesn't display damage numbers CONSISTENTLY, and when that opening/closing is often heavily obscured by the fancy particle effects he's slinging around all the time. And ESPECIALLY not when most of my attention is going towards trying to spot missiles that 2shot damn near anything so I can get out of the way in time.

2. My resolution isn't exactly tiny. I've got a normal-sized laptop screen. Maybe a TAD on the small side.