Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Xbox Play Anywhere

As the title says, I'm requesting that we try to get support for an Xbox Play Anywhere version of the game. 

Before this gets out of control I would like to clear some things up.

1: This has absolutely NOTHING to do with the steam version of the game.

2: I'm only looking for supporters of this request, not everyone who has a negative opinion on why they THINK it may not work.

3: I am not assuming it's easy or difficult to make this happen, I do not work for DE so I am not an expert on this game, and neither are any of you unless you work for them on this game specifically, so please don't come here just to tell my you know coding and know it won't work.

I play on the Xbox one, and I absolutely love the game. I however hate my Xbox itself. This is the only game I play anymore, and I can't play it with a controller due to a work related hand injury, so I play with using a Xim4. My console has enough issues to make me think it will dies out any day now. I want to play the PC version of the game, but I do not want to spend the time trying to catch up to where I am now. I'm not asking for a migration, because it's been made clear that DE will NOT allow me to transfer my progress to my preferred platform.... I'm am only asking that we get support for the Xbox Play Anywhere program. I have a decent gaming PC that I use regularly.(I started Warframe on Xbox long before I built the PC)

The Xbox okay anywhere program, if you aren't aware of, is way for Microsoft to allow owners of supported game to play them in either their Xbox console or a windows 10 PC, but through the Microsoft servers only accessing the Xbox live database. Meaning you use your Xbox account and can only play with people connect through that same service. 

Minecraft is one such title that allows this, and now they even allow access from almost every platform out there. I think PlayStation and Sony are the only ones not included. For example I okay Minecraft on my PC and my kid uses his tablet to connect with me, or he'll use my Xbox to connect with me. But this is done through the Xbox play anywhere program. Now Minecraft is owed by Microsoft so obviously they have their full support on this. But they aren't the only one.

Ark: Survival Evolved is another title that is supposed by this feature. Ark has a steam version, the original version, of their game and console versions. They also have an Xbox play anywhere version of the game that is completely separate from their steam version. It's connected through Xbox live and you can play with your console friends without having to use a console, and you get full mouse and keyboard support.

From what I can tell, and this is only my perspective on this, the Xbox Play Anywhere version of these games only seem to be ports of the Xbox version. And altered to be used with multiple hardware. I'm not gaming coder or engineer, and forgive me if this is completely false. But I'm pretty sure DE, with their personal experience in developing their own game of different hardware for YEARS, they can manage to make it compatible again, but with the Xbox version. I know ark and Minecraft are completely different games built in completely different engines. But it seams as if the play anywhere program itself is something Microsoft has engineered with all Xbox games in mind to allow for this to happen. It's just up to the devs of their own games if they want to pursue this.

If you are a PC player of the game, this really has nothing to do with you unless you play the Xbox version as well or have friends that play it who don't have a PC to play with you. And if you are a PlayStation player, well I don't really have any answer for you, I know steam works with Sony on other games, who knows maybe you'll see crossplay in the future.

I'm not asking for a miracle, I'm only asking for DE and hopefully other supporters to read this post and get this out there. 

If this post is formatted poorly or in the wrong section, I apologise. If you are only going to bash my post with your negativity, please save yourself the time of typing because unless you work for DE you have no sure way of knowing if this can or cannot be done.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post and I'm sorry for any grammar or spelling mistakes. I did this on my phone with a disfigured hand.

Edited by (XB1)InfectedMonkey
Spelling mistakes

Though I am not 100% sure about this, I think you could contact support and ask them if they can transfer your Xbox account to PC, rather than go through the hassle of waiting months or years for them to get around to that.

Also though I know nothing of game development having Warframe on Xbox "Play Anywhere" is kind of redundant and could possibly cause nasty issues and glitches. See if you are using a pc to play Warframe no logical person would do the X-Play because the steam version is superior; it get updates and tennogen first, whereas console gets them either a few eeks to a month or 2 after initial release's. This would also apply to X-play since the service is linked to the console version.

So either try and see if DE could transfer you with all your gear to PC or just start new.

13 minutes ago, (PS4)zeratul____12 said:

Though I am not 100% sure about this, I think you could contact support and ask them if they can transfer your Xbox account to PC, rather than go through the hassle of waiting months or years for them to get around to that.

Also though I know nothing of game development having Warframe on Xbox "Play Anywhere" is kind of redundant and could possibly cause nasty issues and glitches. See if you are using a pc to play Warframe no logical person would do the X-Play because the steam version is superior; it get updates and tennogen first, whereas console gets them either a few eeks to a month or 2 after initial release's. This would also apply to X-play since the service is linked to the console version.

So either try and see if DE could transfer you with all your gear to PC or just start new.

After having reached out multiple times to support about my issue with playing on console, I have been given the same answer over and over. Migrations are not being planned now and are not available at all, there are not future plans as of now.

As far as the Xbox play anywhere version, how is it redundant? It's giving console players more ways to play and PC players a way to connect with console friends if they so want to at NO additional cost. 

As I said before, this has nothing to do with the steam version of the game. It's not about being superior. We are going to have glitches no matter what platforms we play on, so that argument is about as useful as saying you new car will eventually have care problems. I'm looking for supporters on this feature, not for looking for people to immediately bash my hopes. But thanks for trying.

And on top of that, you're a PlayStation player. Not trying to offend or anything but this doesn't really affect you.

Added comment

47 minutes ago, (XB1)InfectedMonkey said:

As far as the Xbox play anywhere version, how is it redundant? It's giving console players more ways to play and PC players a way to connect with console friends if they so want to at NO additional cost.

The additional cost would come from either delaying PC updates so they can stay concurrent or creating a new server just so PC and Xbox can play together which would cause its own share of issues.

47 minutes ago, (XB1)InfectedMonkey said:

And on top of that, you're a PlayStation player. Not trying to offend or anything but this doesn't really affect you.

His platform of choice has no bearing on the validity of his argument.

Edited by --Q--Stryker

As nice as this would be, I don't see it happening anytime soon.  Maybe, just maybe, in a few years they'll start working on something like this.  But even then, it wouldn't be their top priority.  Half my friends play on PC, and the others are all on Xbox.  I made a PC account, But I feel so weak on it (cuz I got nothing.)  Also, my computer is more so for work stuff, not for gaming, so it suffers a bit.

45 minutes ago, (XB1)InfectedMonkey said:

After having reached out multiple times to support about my issue with playing on console, I have been given the same answer over and over. Migrations are not being planned now and are not available at all, there are not future plans as of now.

As I said before, this has nothing to do with the steam version of the game. It's not about being superior. We are going to have glitches no matter what platforms we play on, so that argument is about as useful as saying you new car will eventually have care problems. I'm looking for supporters on this feature, not for looking for people to immediately bash my hopes. But thanks for trying.

Look, I get it, you're only looking for people who agree with you, but this is an open forum, you do not get to dictate who does and who does not get to post in your thread. Yes, there will be people who will tell you why it won't work, because why wouldn't there be in an open discussion..?

@(PS4)zeratul____12 also makes a fair point. Xbox Play Anywhere is mostly redundant because, at least from how you explain it, this would be akin to PC/Xbox crossplay.. and the only way to make that work.. is to keep Xbox and PC in a state of build parity, killing off hotfixes in the process, the way DE has always done their updates.

I also really don't see a point in essentially making it like playing Warframe on PC, only with an Xbox account, isn't that pretty much akin to a transfer..?

@(XB1)chillichillman

You seem to not have ready my post or are uninformed. This is NOT apart of the PC version of the game. There would be no delayed updates for the PC version of the game. It's about porting the Xbox version of the game into the Windows 10 store platform. Which is separate from steam. Look into Ark. Or read what I wrote about it. They have done this already. And his platform does matter when his concern is irrelevant when this would have absolutely no impact on him because PlayStation is not apart of the Microsoft platform or the standalone platform of warframe.

And I'm not certain, and doubt you know yourself unless you are employed by Microsoft or DE, but I believe Microsoft supplies servers for games on their platforms for devs like DE.

@Lanadra

Ok, I'm not trying to to control who posts here because I know I can't. But the ONE argument that keeps coming back up is keeping PC and Xbox on the same update cycle. THIS IS NOT ABOUT CROSSPLAY, event though I fully support that. I am only looking for an alternate solution to Xbox players who don't want to start over from scratch and say screw it to all their progress.

This is NOT crossplay with the standalone or steam version of the game. This is about working with Microsoft, who already does this with many other devs, to Port the game into their windows store for use on a PC. NOT building a completely new game. Please look at the other games that have had this done already before telling me this is redundant or not a good idea or whatever else. Im trying to get a great idea, that already works, brought to this game. 

Just now, (XB1)InfectedMonkey said:

to Port the game into their windows store for use on a PC.

So who'd do the port? DE probably wouldn't since they have all the stuff they just announced on their plate and they handed off the Switch port to Panic Button. The effort/cost needed wouldn't be worth what they'd gain from it since it'd be limited to players who have an Xbox and a Windows 10 PC.

1 minute ago, --Q--Stryker said:

So who'd do the port? DE probably wouldn't since they have all the stuff they just announced on their plate and they handed off the Switch port to Panic Button. The effort/cost needed wouldn't be worth what they'd gain from it since it'd be limited to players who have an Xbox and a Windows 10 PC.

I don't work for DE, so I cannot say who will or will not do this. I don't know how many employees they have and what their plans are. That being said, they have shown they are willing to outsource some of their work. What makes this any different? You don't need to own a Windows 10 PC and an Xbox one for this? You only need one or the other. If my Xbox breaks right now, I'll still be allowed to play with my Xbox friends on games like ark, Minecraft and sea of thieves. Some would say that's a pretty damn good thing. DE is already expressing interest in crossplay with the switch announcement. If they want to pursue full cross platform access like Steve mentioned in his interview, then by all means please do it and completely ignore this entire post. But I have not seen any reason why this would hurt them. If anything PC player can make the choice to play on this version as well with Xbox friends if they have any. I'm not asking for a requirement. I'm not asking you to believe everything I say. But your arguments are based off of the fact that you do not know whether or not DE can accommodate this. Your killing an idea before DE can make that choice themselves. So Please stop. 

It sounds like crossplay because technically speaking it is. But it's got nothing to do with the your version of the game on PC. I'm offering a idea that doesn't impead anyone's gameplay and only trying to expand them. Microsoft is pushing for their Xbox anywhere platform, while also pushing for their consoles. They want PC plays and Xbox players to work together and with other platforms. This is just one step we could take in that direction. 

And unless you work for DE, you cannot say that can't or won't do anything. Because you have NO way to back it up unless they have stated specially on said subject and still back it up.

2 minutes ago, (XB1)InfectedMonkey said:

You don't need to own a Windows 10 PC and an Xbox one for this? You only need one or the other. If my Xbox breaks right now, I'll still be allowed to play with my Xbox friends on games like ark, Minecraft and sea of thieves.

You literally just contradicted yourself. You say a PC is not needed but then say if your Xbox breaks you can jump right on your PC and continue playing those games. So you do need both.

4 minutes ago, (XB1)InfectedMonkey said:

Your killing an idea before DE can make that choice themselves.

Xbox Play Anywhere has been around since 2016. If they had honestly wanted to do it, they would have done so already. If an average consumer can see how it wouldn't benefit them financially I'm sure a company would see the same thing.

What you're asking for is the ability to pick up your Xbox progress and play on PC with other Xbox players, then go back to Xbox with no progress lost. You're literally asking for crossplay with extra steps.

8 minutes ago, --Q--Stryker said:

You literally just contradicted yourself. You say a PC is not needed but then say if your Xbox breaks you can jump right on your PC and continue playing those games. So you do need both.

Xbox Play Anywhere has been around since 2016. If they had honestly wanted to do it, they would have done so already. If an average consumer can see how it wouldn't benefit them financially I'm sure a company would see the same thing.

What you're asking for is the ability to pick up your Xbox progress and play on PC with other Xbox players, then go back to Xbox with no progress lost. You're literally asking for crossplay with extra steps.

Ok, let's clear things up here, I said both are not needed to use the feature. You don't need to own both to play a title that is Xbox play anywhere. I happen to own both yes. But both are not required. The point of the program is so that you DON'T have to have both. Only the need of one.my Xbox breaking is just a senario. Just like this senario, my friend owns a PC, my other friend owns an Xbox, I own both. We all 3 like to play ark. Guess what, ark is on the Xbox play anywhere program. So we all 3 get to play it together. At the same time I still have the Steam version of ark that I can play separately if I so choose.

Just because it has been available doesn't mean anything. It means not enough people have asked for this feature. Which is exactly what I'm trying to do now. 

And yes, it's a form of crossplay, it would allow seem less transition between a console and PC. But it has no effect on the standalone version of the game. It is an added benefit for Xbox players if they choose to pursue this route. And as I stated before, man I live repeating myself...., I fully support and wish for full crossplay support on this game across multiple platforms, this however is not the same. It is crossplay with PC for certain games but it's more like giving PC owners the ability to play with their Xbox friends without having to buy a an entirely new console.

I would personally love this given my current situation. I want to be able to play with my husband on warframe but I can’t right now because only one of our consoles can be hooked up at the moment. And I wouldn’t necessarily see it as a waste either because as you stated, Ark does this as well and I play it on both Xbox and pc with the play anywhere program.

With that being said, I’d have no idea who would do what. And I’m pretty sure it’s up to Xbox if they want to add certain games to the program. It wouldn’t be up to DE. If anything, you should poke the Microsoft forums about this topic so they can see if there are a significant amount of people wanting this.

On 2018-07-08 at 10:12 PM, (XB1)InfectedMonkey said:

As the title says, I'm requesting that we try to get support for an Xbox Play Anywhere version of the game. 

2: I'm only looking for supporters of this request, not everyone who has a negative opinion on why they THINK it may not work.

3: I am not assuming it's easy or difficult to make this happen, I do not work for DE so I am not an expert on this game, and neither are any of you unless you work for them on this game specifically, so please don't come here just to tell my you know coding and know it won't work.

I play on the Xbox one, and I absolutely love the game. I however hate my Xbox itself. This is the only game I play anymore, and I can't play it with a controller due to a work related hand injury, so I play with using a Xim4. My console has enough issues to make me think it will dies out any day now. I want to play the PC version of the game, but I do not want to spend the time trying to catch up to where I am now. I'm not asking for a migration, because it's been made clear that DE will NOT allow me to transfer my progress to my preferred platform.... I'm am only asking that we get support for the Xbox Play Anywhere program. I have a decent gaming PC that I use regularly.(I started Warframe on Xbox long before I built the PC)

The Xbox okay anywhere program, if you aren't aware of, is way for Microsoft to allow owners of supported game to play them in either their Xbox console or a windows 10 PC, but through the Microsoft servers only accessing the Xbox live database. Meaning you use your Xbox account and can only play with people connect through that same service. 

Minecraft is one such title that allows this, and now they even allow access from almost every platform out there. I think PlayStation and Sony are the only ones not included. For example I okay Minecraft on my PC and my kid uses his tablet to connect with me, or he'll use my Xbox to connect with me. But this is done through the Xbox play anywhere program. Now Minecraft is owed by Microsoft so obviously they have their full support on this. But they aren't the only one.

Ark: Survival Evolved is another title that is supposed by this feature. Ark has a steam version, the original version, of their game and console versions. They also have an Xbox play anywhere version of the game that is completely separate from their steam version. It's connected through Xbox live and you can play with your console friends without having to use a console, and you get full mouse and keyboard support.

From what I can tell, and this is only my perspective on this, the Xbox Play Anywhere version of these games only seem to be ports of the Xbox version. And altered to be used with multiple hardware. I'm not gaming coder or engineer, and forgive me if this is completely false. But I'm pretty sure DE, with their personal experience in developing their own game of different hardware for YEARS, they can manage to make it compatible again, but with the Xbox version. I know ark and Minecraft are completely different games built in completely different engines. But it seams as if the play anywhere program itself is something Microsoft has engineered with all Xbox games in mind to allow for this to happen. It's just up to the devs of their own games if they want to pursue this.

If you are a PC player of the game, this really has nothing to do with you unless you play the Xbox version as well or have friends that play it who don't have a PC to play with you. And if you are a PlayStation player, well I don't really have any answer for you, I know steam works with Sony on other games, who knows maybe you'll see crossplay in the future.

I'm not asking for a miracle, I'm only asking for DE and hopefully other supporters to read this post and get this out there. 

If this post is formatted poorly or in the wrong section, I apologise. If you are only going to bash my post with your negativity, please save yourself the time of typing because unless you work for DE you have no sure way of knowing if this can or cannot be done.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post and I'm sorry for any grammar or spelling mistakes. I did this on my phone with a disfigured hand.

I do play warframe on my xbox S anywhere in the world, whereever i go

Hotels, airport, park/

here is yr best solution:

a portable case with a 19'' screen, build it speakers and a headset jack

DCJlCNB.jpg

bLz6rpD.jpg

7 hours ago, (XB1)Oussii said:

I do play warframe on my xbox S anywhere in the world, whereever i go

Hotels, airport, park/

here is yr best solution:

a portable case with a 19'' screen, build it speakers and a headset jack

DCJlCNB.jpg

bLz6rpD.jpg

This has nothing to do with the Xbox play anywhere program. Read up on it first please. Or actually read what I wrote. This is not a solution to what I suggested in any form. 

On 2018-07-08 at 7:12 PM, (XB1)InfectedMonkey said:

I play warframe on my pc and want to play xbox version with my friends

I don,t have an x box

cross platform would be nice