Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Sun Scares Me

Spartan336

It's this big ball of plasma sitting in the middle of my solar map every time I open it. 

I got thinking.

If the Sentients are still around, and some of the Orokin are to, then why don't we see more Orokin?

The answer is that they hid in the sun. Wouldn't be surprised if they had the tech to do it. Maybe they just set up an observatory there and are laughing their butts off at us as they watch everyone squabble. 

The sun is watching us...

Puts on tin-foil hat

1 minute ago, Pyromaniaque said:

I think even in Warframe we have "realism limits". I mean, you came really far in a very short time ^^

Ah yes and then there's "Realisim." See, I'm working on this theory where our entire existence is a game and we're played by a bunch of random humans from the 21's century. Still a work in progress yes, but I think I'm really making some headway. 

il y a 2 minutes, Spartan336 a dit :

Ah yes and then there's "Realisim." See, I'm working on this theory where our entire existence is a game and we're played by a bunch of random humans from the 21's century. Still a work in progress yes, but I think I'm really making some headway. 

And what if those humans are actually also in a game ?

2 hours ago, ScytheG said:

So Vay Hek suggesting throwing the Lotus into the sun is a good thing?

I'm pretty sure that if the sun is still shinning that the structure is only on the inside, so no, it would still burn the Lotus up. 

If ppl are capable of creating a structure in the sun without burning into plasma and have the structure act as observation post neglecting all that glare/brightness the sun provides then they would have already conquered the solar system .  They would be that advanced

24 minutes ago, JDxBarracka said:

If ppl are capable of creating a structure in the sun without burning into plasma and have the structure act as observation post neglecting all that glare/brightness the sun provides then they would have already conquered the solar system .  They would be that advanced

Yeah. And the Orokin may possibly have been that advanced, but the Sentients may have driven them to hide there. 

8 hours ago, Spartan336 said:

It's this big ball of plasma sitting in the middle of my solar map every time I open it. 

I got thinking.

If the Sentients are still around, and some of the Orokin are to, then why don't we see more Orokin?

The answer is that they hid in the sun. Wouldn't be surprised if they had the tech to do it. Maybe they just set up an observatory there and are laughing their butts off at us as they watch everyone squabble. 

The sun is watching us...

Puts on tin-foil hat

The sun burns everything. High speed photons injecting energy and burning lots and lots of helium can't be a place to hide. The star that keeps burning fuel may not be a place to hide but more of a place to extract energy. The Sentient always waited watching the attempts of a emergence. The completion of the warframe tenno weapon became a menace that needs to be eradicated. With many relay stations flying throughout the solar system provoked an awakening of the Sentient. 

Maybe the Orokin, similar to the Roman empire, came in asking for more resources to sustain their luxurious life of opulence. That way of living sacrificed their world pushing them to seek other natural resources such as our water and the energy of the Sun since their resources depleted fast. The Orokin created a technology that revealed against their masters exterminating them. We don't know if there are more on the Tau system or any other solar systems. What we know is that such an advanced race fell due to their luxurious way of life. 

We will know for sure when a bunch of kids with warframe and few alliances in Cetus and Fortuna starts to emerge as a federation....

Maybe...

Edited by Felsagger

12 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

The sun burns everything. High speed photons injecting energy and burning lots and lots of helium can't be a place to hide. The star that keeps burning fuel may not be a place to hide but more of a place to extract energy.

It burns everything but the Kuva Fortress, which sometimes wander closer to the sun than Mercury itself without suffering any damage !

16 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

The sun burns everything. High speed photons injecting energy and burning lots and lots of helium can't be a place to hide. The star that keeps burning fuel may not be a place to hide but more of a place to extract energy. The Sentient always waited watching the attempts of a emergence. The completion of the warframe tenno weapon became a menace that needs to be eradicated. With many relay stations flying throughout the solar system provoked an awakening of the Sentient. 

Maybe the Orokin, similar to the Roman empire, came in asking for more resources to sustain their luxurious life of opulence. That way of living sacrificed their world pushing them to seek other natural resources such as our water and the energy of the Sun since their resources depleted fast. The Orokin created a technology that revealed against their masters exterminating them. We don't know if there are more on the Tau system or any other solar systems. What we know is that such an advanced race fell due to their luxurious way of life. 

We will know for sure when a bunch of kids with warframe and few alliances in Cetus and Fortuna starts to emerge as a federation....

Maybe...

We're in a sci fi universe, so anything is possible, including a secret Orokin hideout in the sun. 

Futurama%20-%20Solar%20Helium%20Mine.png

As silly as Warframe can be at times, I don't think it will hit Futurama levels. 

I could see a solar flare collectors in a orbit half that of Mercury though. That'd be neat. Something that powers the rail gate network. As their power source has always been glossed over.

8 hours ago, Valaska said:

The sun wouldn't be visible in the event of a dyson sphere.

Obviously, that's why i said it's "In the realm of possibilities"

If a civilization can make a dyson sphere i woulnd't be surprised if they were hiding inside the sun

I remember playing thunder force III . You'd go to all the planets in the system, then the enemy base turned out to be inside the sun that was just sitting there all along. Funny stuff.

While an actual sun would probably be impossible to colonize, who is to say that what we're seeing is an artificial sun? The orokin could probably do it.

2 hours ago, wolf96781 said:

Obviously, that's why i said it's "In the realm of possibilities"

If a civilization can make a dyson sphere i woulnd't be surprised if they were hiding inside the sun

Gravity though... I would say if the Orokin civilization survives in any extent somewhere, it would likely be within the void somehow.